Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 12, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #10,246 of 14,302
The time has come.  

A couple of months ago, I was visiting Las Vegas, and found my dream watch in a watch boutique at The Forum Shops in Caesar’s Palace.  The same boutique had a plethora of watches on sale, yet I had to find some way to obtain the G-Shock that I saw - the Baselworld Limited Edition Metal Twisted G-Shock (MT-G).  The Baselworld MT-G gets its brass look from the process of “black ion plating layered over gold ion plating, with some of the top layer then burnished away. The result is a well-worn appearance, creating a special model with a vintage feel.”  There are only 500 of the watches produced, which means finding and owning one is an exclusive dream come true, in my opinion.  Also, there are a couple of Baselworld MT-Gs that are on sale online (currently) for an inflated (but understandable) average asking price of around $2,600.

Here’s some info from the Baselworld press release regarding the Baselworld MT-G:

BASEL, March 26, 2014 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd. announced today the limited edition release of a new MT-G shock-resistant watch that combines strength and beauty. With only 500 watches produced, the MTG-S1000BS features a vintage feel including brass accents created by layering gold and black ion plating.

The MT-G line of G-SHOCK watches offer outstanding shock-resistance combined with the feel and appearance of a metal exterior. As part of this line, the MTG-S1000 was released last year. It featured a new Core Guard Structure for shock-resistant performance, advanced Triple G Resist construction, and an exterior with the look and feel of metal. It has gained popularity for its tough performance, and its clean and simple lines. Reinforced construction to resist shocks, centrifugal force and vibrations.

SPECS

Triple G Resist (shock-resistant, resistant to centrifugal force and vibration-resistant)

20 bar Water Resistance

Dimensions:

58.6 X 53.5 X 15.5 mm

Weight:

188 g

Radio Wave Reception:

Automatic reception up to six times a day (up to five times a day in China); manual reception

China - reception radio wave: BPC, frequency: 68.5kHz (Shangqiu, Henan)
Japan - reception radio wave: JJY, Frequency: 40kHz/60kHz (Mount Otakadoya, Miyakojimachi-Furumichi, Tamura, Fukushima/Mount Hagane, Saga, Kyushu)
North America - reception radio wave: WWVB, Frequency: 60 kHz (NIST - the National Institute of Standards and Technology, Fort Collins, Colorado, U.S.A.)
European region - reception radio wave: MSF/DCF77, Frequency: 60 kHz / 77.5 kHz (Mainflingen, Germany)

World Time:

29 cities (29 time zones); daylight saving on/off; daylight saving time (summer time) auto switching/standard time and Coordinated Universal Time

Stopwatch:

1/20-second stopwatch; measuring capacity: 120 minutes; auto-start

Countdown Timer:

Measuring unit: 1 second; countdown range: 120 minutes; countdown start time setting range: 1 to 120 minutes

Other Functions:

Automatic hands correction; daily alarm; full auto-calendar; battery recharge warning

Power Source:

Tough Solar power system (solar-charging system)

Power-saving state: about 27 months

Without further ado:

The Baselworld MT-G

The MT-G lineup

The Baselworld MTG-S1000BS

Another display area

Slightly different angle

Waited until I could take a look at the other Baselworld MT-G and saw this

The watch boutique had not one...

...not two...

...but three Baselworld MT-Gs in stock

I chose the lowest number of the three (284/500) as marked on the case back

The Baselworld MT-G came with a beanie and a MT-G etched money clip

The MT-G etched money clip

The watch box

Outside picture

Illumination-in-the-dark

Thanks for reading, and remember:

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #10,247 of 14,302

The time has come.  

A couple of months ago, I was visiting Las Vegas, and found my dream watch in a watch boutique at The Forum Shops in Caesar’s Palace.  The same boutique had a plethora of watches on sale, yet I had to find some way to obtain the G-Shock that I saw - the Baselworld Limited Edition Metal Twisted G-Shock (MT-G).  The Baselworld MT-G gets its brass look from the process of “black ion plating layered over gold ion plating, with some of the top layer then burnished away. The result is a well-worn appearance, creating a special model with a vintage feel.”  There are only 500 of the watches produced, which means finding and owning one is an exclusive dream come true, in my opinion.  Also, there are a couple of Baselworld MT-Gs that are on sale online (currently) for an inflated (but understandable) average asking price of around $2,600.

Here’s some info from the Baselworld press release regarding the Baselworld MT-G:

BASEL, March 26, 2014 — Casio Computer Co., Ltd. announced today the limited edition release of a new MT-G shock-resistant watch that combines strength and beauty. With only 500 watches produced, the MTG-S1000BS features a vintage feel including brass accents created by layering gold and black ion plating.

The MT-G line of G-SHOCK watches offer outstanding shock-resistance combined with the feel and appearance of a metal exterior. As part of this line, the MTG-S1000 was released last year. It featured a new Core Guard Structure for shock-resistant performance, advanced Triple G Resist construction, and an exterior with the look and feel of metal. It has gained popularity for its tough performance, and its clean and simple lines. Reinforced construction to resist shocks, centrifugal force and vibrations.

SPECS

Triple G Resist (shock-resistant, resistant to centrifugal force and vibration-resistant)

20 bar Water Resistance

Radio Wave Reception:

Automatic reception up to six times a day (except for use in China: up to five times a day); manual reception

World Time:

29 cities (29 time zones; daylight saving on/off; daylight saving time (summer time) auto switching/ standard time and Coordinated Universal Time

Stopwatch:

1/20-second stopwatch; measuring capacity: 120 minutes; auto-start

Countdown Timer:

Measuring unit: 1 second; countdown range: 120 minutes; countdown start time setting range: 1 to 120 minutes

Other Functions:

Automatic hands correction; daily alarm; full auto-calendar; battery recharge warning

Power Source:

Tough Solar power system (solar-charging system)

Without further ado:

The Baselworld MT-G

The MT-G lineup

The Baselworld MTG-S1000BS

Another display area

Slightly different angle

Waited until I could take a look at the other Baselworld MT-G and saw this

The watch boutique had not one...

...not two...

...but three Baselworld MT-Gs in stock

I chose the lowest number of the three (284/500) as marked on the case back

The Baselworld MT-G came with a beanie and a MT-G etched money clip

The MT-G etched money clip

The watch box

Outside picture

Illumination-in-the-dark

Thanks for reading, and remember:

Does this mean you managed to get one of your own?

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #10,248 of 14,302

Does this mean you managed to get one of your own?

Since I was able to post an outside picture and still be able to respond outside of the penitentiary, then yes, I have one of my own. 
wink_face.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #10,249 of 14,302
  Since I was able to post an outside picture and still be able to respond outside of the penitentiary, then yes, I have one of my own. 
wink_face.gif

Congratulations! It was actually the part about picking out the serial number that made me assume you bought one. It could have just been an awesome store that let you try it on outside. :p

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #10,250 of 14,302
Nice Moe, it is gorgeous and by the look not that far off a Mr. "G":wink: Happy for you and wear it in good health.

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #10,251 of 14,302

Congratulations! It was actually the part about picking out the serial number that made me assume you bought one. It could have just been an awesome store that let you try it on outside. :p

The watch boutique letting me try the Baselworld MT-G outside of Caesar's Palace?  No chance at all, especially since the outside of Caesar's Palace is a very long walk.  My original consultant had to get the manager just to open up the display to take out the watches for me to try on - with keen eyes on me the entire time.

I would think that what gave away as owning the dream watch was the multiple tease posts saying I wore my dream watch (on several occasions) and would post the watch in the near future or would post the watch soon.  
regular_smile .gif

Thanks for the congratulations!  
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 12, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #10,252 of 14,302
Nice Moe, it is gorgeous and by the look not that far off a Mr. "G"
wink.gif
Happy for you and wear it in good health.

Thanks Podster!

Not very far off from the Magestic Reality G (or Mister G), at least in function and price.  The MR-G is smaller and lighter than the MT-G.  What's interesting is the Baselworld MT-G online is around the same price as the lesser-priced (still expensive for most people) MR-G! 
redface.gif

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #10,253 of 14,302
Gorgeous watch and congrats!

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:57 AM Post #10,256 of 14,302
Jun 13, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #10,258 of 14,302
Jun 13, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #10,259 of 14,302
Hey Dawg.... congrats on your MT-G. Fine looking piece of machinery. Maybe you'll be sportin' it next time I see you!

Cheers.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #10,260 of 14,302
Hey Dawg.... congrats on your MT-G. Fine looking piece of machinery. Maybe you'll be sportin' it next time I see you!

Cheers.

Thanks for the comments, shane55! I can sport the Baselworld BT-G next time, or if you have other request(s) I can either wear something else or wear watches on both wrists next time I see you.

I already know I want to see your immaculate Omega watch again!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back