Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Oct 11, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #6,496 of 14,275

Quote:
Connected the Ipod Nano today to import some new music and found out it had an update. Look what I found:

The update included, among other things, 16 new watch dials. Here is a link to pictures of all the dials:http://www.geeksugar.com/iPod-Nano-Watch-Face-Pictures-19473377I am currently using a tik tok watch band, and its the best one I have seen. I also had the Luna Tik watch band, but felt it was to big for my wrist.

Wow! Mp4s next!

Oct 23, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #6,499 of 14,275

Quote:
Floyd, what a story, I can just imagine your feelings, thank you for your kindness as well. I would love to see a picture of the watch. I just cannot wait for the Sekonda to arrive!

Well, the strap finally arrived from Austria (thanks to Watchit on 4th Ave). They polished as best they could.

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #6,500 of 14,275

Paid for this one and should have it home soon (when I get there in Nov it will be waiting for me):

Citizen CB0030-56E:
Perpetual Calendar
Atomic Sync
World Time
Titanium case and bracelet
Solar Powered

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:22 PM Post #6,505 of 14,275

Quote:
No hamilton owners?

I only have one pocketwatch of theirs in my collection - a 1904 922L - sellers pics from when I bought it 5 years ago. 

I do really like the design of the Ventura. Some day, I'll nab one of them. 

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #6,506 of 14,275
Ok, I've been lurking on this thread just checking out the pictures for some time now, but I'm curious. Where, when ordering online, do you generally order from? Is there a big online watch dealer that you go to? Do you just google search the particular model you're looking for or what? Or is ordering online like a cardinal sin and you must go to a dealer to see the watch in person/try it on before buying?

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #6,507 of 14,275

Quote:
Ok, I've been lurking on this thread just checking out the pictures for some time now, but I'm curious. Where, when ordering online, do you generally order from? Is there a big online watch dealer that you go to? Do you just google search the particular model you're looking for or what? Or is ordering online like a cardinal sin and you must go to a dealer to see the watch in person/try it on before buying?

Check out timezone.com and watchuseek.com.

These are excellent reference sites, and also have extensive for sale forums.

Oct 25, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #6,508 of 14,275

Quote:
Not a bit too tight?

Question for everyone:  How tight do you wear your watch? 

I wear mine just snug enough to stop it from revolving.

Quote:
Talk about an aesthetically pleasing combination... Great stuff! Which strap is that?

It's one of the old "Kevlar" straps that are really some kind of embossed plastic.  Great, comfortable, water proof strap none the less.  Strap was inexpensive, the deployant was not. 
biggrin.gif

Here's another picture of the same watch from 2003, with much better lighting (click to enlarge)

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #6,510 of 14,275
I don't have a problem with buying online.

For new - I try to stay with authorized resellers when shopping online. That minimizes the risk of getting a fake, or having your identity/cc stolen - and rewards companies for working with the manufacturers the "right way."

That said, I don't really have any one particular site I like. 

For vintage, it's a whole other ballgame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back