Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Nov 16, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #4,006 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a watch similar to that that I picked up on vacation once when I forgot my watch at home. Be warned, if the band material is the same as that on my watch (and it looks like it from that pick) it collects scratches and looks scruffier and scruffier the more scratched up it gets.

Mine's still going strong.
biggrin.gif
It only gradually gets worn down and there is no obvious discoloration. can't really ask more fom a 7$ watch
redface.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #4,007 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp_zer0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DealExtreme: $6.72 Stainless Steel Watch for Men

Cheap ass watch but I think it looks really distinguished. Keeps time so it does what it's supposed to. Ordered a small regiment just in case
biggrin.gif

- Made with stainless steel of high quality
- Deluxe and elegant outlook
- Precise and accurate
- Compact design and sturdy construction
- Resistant to water splashes
- Winding watch, battery free

Whoa. how does one make something out of high quality?

Also, it claims to be winding... but says Quartz right on the front... weird.

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #4,009 of 14,276
My Airboss Mach 6 arrived today. I knew I liked the way it looked, but I'm really surprised by how nice it is in person. I thought I would prefer the Alpnach automatic chrono I already had, but the Airboss face is a much cleaner and sleeker design, which I apparently prefer. It's a big watch at 45mm, but the size now feels just right to me. The shiny silver hands look really awesome against the metalic blue face. Photos really don't do the watch justice. I'm also sold on leather bands with deployment clasps, which are much, much less annoying than regular bands.

(best photo I could find online)

241188.jpg

Nov 21, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #4,011 of 14,276
Very nice looking Victorinox!

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #4,012 of 14,276
That Victorinox is a huge step up from anything I've seen from that company before!

I'm pretty sure that mechanical / automatic chronographs will never go out of style. Good choice.

Nov 24, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #4,013 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Victorinox is a huge step up from anything I've seen from that company before!

I'm pretty sure that mechanical / automatic chronographs will never go out of style. Good choice.

I wasnt even aware that there were any Victorinox autos.

Nov 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #4,015 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasnt even aware that there were any Victorinox autos.

It most likely uses an ETA 7750 movement which is great.

Nov 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #4,020 of 14,276
B&R are incredibly interesting looking watches, but for some strange reason I think I'd go Rolex rather than them if I had the scratch. It's probably something to do with the movements they use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back