Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Nov 26, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #4,021 of 14,288
if it was up to the movement, i would go directly to zenith, they have the best movements put in to watches today, well, normal mass produced watches, im sure that patek and such produce movements of higher quality, but thats a different segment and a different production style,

i liked the dual sphear B&R, with a rectangular box, but its still too sqaure for me,

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #4,022 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
B&R are incredibly interesting looking watches, but for some strange reason I think I'd go Rolex rather than them if I had the scratch. It's probably something to do with the movements they use.

I came incredibly close to buying a type 3 Aviation B&R about two weeks ago, which is about the only B&R that is small enough to wear without looking gaudy. They've really taken a hit on resale prices with the economy doing poorly, and they're being more and more perceived as a fashion brand by the hardcore WISes. That's not a good combination. Your $$$ would be better served with a Rolex, as you said.

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #4,023 of 14,288
2009930152451423.jpg

This sterile (Panerai clone) should be here any day now, it left Hong Kong 3 days ago. Yes that is titanium.

Opposed to the $6,750 price tag of the original, $70 is a helluva deal.
smily_headphones1.gif

PAM00240.jpg

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #4,024 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came incredibly close to buying a type 3 Aviation B&R about two weeks ago, which is about the only B&R that is small enough to wear without looking gaudy. They've really taken a hit on resale prices with the economy doing poorly, and they're being more and more perceived as a fashion brand by the hardcore WISes. That's not a good combination. Your $$$ would be better served with a Rolex, as you said.

Heh, it's a few years away, but my getting a Rolex is pre-approved by my fiancee since I sold my Seamaster to support a trip to Japan next spring for a wedding.

Just the Speedmaster Pro and a G-Shock in my collection now. Oh, and my grandfather's gold Omega bumper.

SlightlyOrange.jpg

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #4,025 of 14,288
Hey Merc, do you have a better picture of of the face on grandpa's Ω ?

Here's my Space 3 B&R, heavy, but it's been down to 150' and has a unique telescpoing winder that embeds itself into the watch with an an o-ring for better water resistance fully automatic, comes out in rotation every 4th week:

BellRoss.jpg

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #4,026 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a Tag Monaco.

20099282215131155.jpg

TAG-black-Monaco1.jpg

bamford-x-tag-heuer-2.jpg

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #4,027 of 14,288
Quote:

Here's my Space 3 B&R, heavy, but it's been down to 150' and has a unique telescpoing winder that embeds itself into the watch with an an o-ring for better water resistance fully automatic, comes out in rotation every 4th week:

Now that one I like. Never saw a B&R like that before.

Nov 28, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #4,028 of 14,288
Quote:

Sure thing. Here it is:

GoldBumper.jpg

Gold bumper. Looked up the year once, can't remember it now. I remember that it was a USA market model, and it either has nothing on the back or whatever was there rubbed off. Seems to be solid Gold, and it has a very satisfying "bump" in the hand when you shake it. It still runs, but the crystal is indeed cracked and it is in bad need of a service. Lasts about 12 hours on one wind, and actually keeps reasonable time last I checked.

Oh, and two other pictures of my Speedmaster on various bands.

NATO_Green_sm.jpg

Leather_Black_sm.jpg

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #4,029 of 14,288
That watch looks like it was worn at the last presentation done by Dagwood and Mr. Tate pitching for Rheingold premium Ale. Now that was one micro-brew that could be sold after any 3 Martinin lunch.

bewitched2.jpg

Nov 28, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #4,030 of 14,288
Heh, yeah... I'm sure if I just keep it around long enough it'll come back in style! I love the Spiedel stretchy strap... "I can't be bothered with a buckle or a clasp or something! I have tobacco products to advertise on console televisions!"

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #4,033 of 14,288
The best of my meager collection. It's a fairly rare Speedy made for the Japanese market.

picture.JPG

Dec 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #4,035 of 14,288
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_McBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
****. I'm going to regret this when I wake up.

Why? Because you bought it? If so, congratulations!

It seems like it might be time to start a Speemaster-Fi group!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back