Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia Head-Fi Member Meet - May 18, 2019 - Gaithersburg, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #121 of 183
Hmm... since you're bringing the 58x's, I won't duplicate. Maybe I'll bring the Sendy Aiva or the Argons to round out the planars you're bringing.

Would definitely be interested in hearing either of those! Never heard the Argons.

May 15, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #122 of 183
Was really hoping to show up with more gear than just my Grado.
I've read on other sites that the ECP sound goes well with Grado - I would like to hear.

Hmm... since you're bringing the 58x's, I won't duplicate. Maybe I'll bring the Sendy Aiva or the Argons to round out the planars you're bringing.
Same sentiment - bring what you've got! Last meet had a few HD800S, but each one was welcome.

May 15, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #123 of 183
I will also have an rme adi-2

As my primary doc so I'm going to be feeding mine coax in from a topping d10 so that may be a configuration you haven't heard

I also don't run auto ref I set the reference level to the lowest possible to give me the Headroom I want

And I believe I'm using the SD sharp filter as well

And I too will have the Avia but my hd800 has an sdr mod and an audio Envy copper cable so it will likely sound a bit different from stock or hd800s model

So a little bit of overlap isn't bad as our systems are likely different enough to make small but apparent changes to Total presentation and whatnot

May 15, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #127 of 183
I am really glad to see the level of enthusiasm and the selection of gear that everyone is bringing!

This was originally meant to be a small get-together but now I am wondering about accommodating everyone comfortably!

The Kentlands Carriage House does have three sturdy 8 foot tables for heavier gear and half a dozen card tables that will hold portable gear nicely. But the room itself is relatively compact, which means everyone will be right next to each other.

There is no charge to use the Carriage House. If we want to significantly expand the amount of available space, we could rent the Club House again for $285. We would also then have to move the event up an hour to clear that space by 5:00 p.m.

Schiit generously picked up the cost of the larger space rental the last time we were at the Club House location. If anyone else would like to consider doing so for this Saturday, shoot me a note.

May 15, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #132 of 183
BTW: How do you like the Verum 1?
They're good, but hope you have a chance to listen. I will probably change the pads, and keep these.

If anyone else would like to consider doing so for this Saturday, shoot me a note.
I am in the shallow end of the pool - I could contribute $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back