Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia Head-Fi Member Meet - May 18, 2019 - Gaithersburg, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #153 of 183
My iPhone case can output 410mW (at 32 Ohms), which is ample for my Ether CX. I can bring these, if you'd like to have a listen to my portable. The adapter that comes with the CX is 4-pin XLR, so you can plug your headphone in, and have a listen.

Sure! Would love to A/B vs my HA2-SE. I’m not opposed to looking for a solely desktop solution as I won’t be bringing the EF opens too many places (didn’t realize just how much sound opens leaked...) but I like the sound of a powerful, portable and streamlined solution. Thanks!

May 16, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #154 of 183
Some fun news I will have a hifiman he6 SE with me for this meat

And what a meaty headphone it is... What’re you bringing that will power that puppy?

May 16, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #155 of 183
I've just got a project Ember 2

Says it's built to run the he6 so we'll see how it does I also want to try a k1000 on it

Good news is I can change the voltage out of the rme adi-2 so I can get a bit more gain if we need it

And the Embers rated to do about just over 2watts into the he6 not perfect but shouldn't be too bad!

That and I'm going to run a White Label 1940s clear top bottom getter Sylvania 6sn7 it's got a nice Focused sound to keep things good an taut

May 17, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #158 of 183
2 watts will get you.... something.

I easily push 5-15 watts through mine. Luckily, my MHA100 will be there.

Well awesome!I'll be happy to have it floating around!

Is any one bringing a K1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back