WARNING: Monster DOES NOT honor warranty on open box items!!
Jul 30, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #61 of 73
Thats funny because thats where I ordered my first pair of coppers from for $379 + tax. To be fair, they did give me a 3% discount for using my Dell card but that didnt add up to that much. 

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #63 of 73
Hey guys I have an update!

I got this email from Eric Vitung, from Monster, about their warranty and about open box items!

[size=10pt]Hello Alex, [/size][size=10pt](My name is Alan though haha)[/size]

[size=10pt]The Turbines[/size][size=10pt] [/size][size=10pt]do not have a lifetime warranty[/size][size=10pt] nor do any of our headphones.  The warranty period on the Turbines is good for 3 years.  We will still accept it even though it is an open box item so long as you keep the purchase receipt.[/size]

[size=10pt]Monsterously,[/size]
[size=10pt]Eric Vitug[/size]

[size=10pt]Learner, Includer, Self-Assurance, Maximizer, Discipline[/size]

I highlighted and bolded the statement in the front; is this true though?!?! the box I have of the Golds clearly display "Monster's unheard of Lifetime Warranty"

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #65 of 73
im pretty sure they have a limited life warranty. You have a one time life replacement.

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #66 of 73
Yeah that's what I thought too!

But look at my email to him before his response:

[size=small]Hey![/size]

[size=small]I saw an open box Monster Turbine Pro Copper edition on Onecall.com, and I was wondering, would your lifetime warranty still be intact if I purchase this item?[/size]

[size=small]They are one of your authorized dealers, but would buying an open box from them allow me to claim my warranty if anything ever happens to my earphones?[/size]

[size=small]Thanks for your time!![/size]

[size=small]-Alan[/size]

Jul 30, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #67 of 73
idk beside from that site I only see the limited one time lifetime warranty

Jul 30, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #68 of 73

Quote:
Thats funny because thats where I ordered my first pair of coppers from for $379 + tax. To be fair, they did give me a 3% discount for using my Dell card but that didnt add up to that much. 

Hey Karl, I tried haggling with them, but they just wouldn't budge from the 259 price! :frowning2: 

I told them about your 219 price, and Chris from Onecall told me that there really was a sale at that price, but that it was a mistake on their part, and that they honored the price that they quoted you for :p

Before this call, when I told Holley, she said she couldn't see any sale history to "substantiate this claim" lol what a lie!

Anyways, they told me they're running low on stock and cannot offer any lower than the 259 price :frowning2:

Jul 30, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #69 of 73

Quote:
Hey Karl, I tried haggling with them, but they just wouldn't budge from the 259 price! :frowning2: 

I told them about your 219 price, and Chris from Onecall told me that there really was a sale at that price, but that it was a mistake on their part, and that they honored the price that they quoted you for :p

Before this call, when I told Holley, she said she couldn't see any sale history to "substantiate this claim" lol what a lie!

Anyways, they told me they're running low on stock and cannot offer any lower than the 259 price :frowning2:

A mistake on their part!?!? LOL thats a load of bull. They responded with $259 on my first attempt. I then tried again from another email address and got the $219 price. On the second attempt in the comment section, I mentioned that oncecall was very popular with members from an audio forum that I belonged to. That people I knew were getting similar type pricing. Not sure if it means anything but the sales rep completeing the purchase on the phone mentioned to me that they are in the process of not selling them for such low prices anymore. if you havent already, trying again using a different email addy. Good luck!

Jul 31, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #70 of 73
This warranty has been discussed over and over again on Head Fi and confirmed w/ Monster reps.  You have both:

1-Lifetime warranty from all manufacturing defects

2-One time, Oh crap I messed up my Monster Pro exchange for life

Just as with OneCall or any other company, don't expect some moron sitting in a call center to know what the hell he is talking about.

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #72 of 73
I know this is a bit of an old thread, but right now Amazon Warehouse deals has some good prices on like new(I think open box) Turbine(full line) and I wanted to know would their warranty still apply seeing as it's essentially coming it from Amazon. Thanks. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #73 of 73
I know it is an old thread but since it is the top google result, updating it with my experience.

Sent my MTPG open box for warranty replacement (bought from onecall) and it was approved with no hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back