WARNING: Monster DOES NOT honor warranty on open box items!!
Jul 23, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #31 of 73
True but then we're under no obligation to buy from that manufacturer again :wink:

Jul 23, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #32 of 73
HAHAHAHAH i told them the same thing and they offered me a  brand new one at open price too!!!!

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #33 of 73
Based on that Shure post (about their warranty), I guess I would say Shure and Westone may have faith in their products, but little sense of what it means to truly be a world class company. To me, they are being penny wise and pound foolish. I, for one, will never buy another Westone product (they are overpriced and overrated anyway), and since I never have purchased a Shure, I won't. It's just BS, I don't care how many of the sheep companies do it. To me, a warranty is a warranty, no matter who owns it. It should be honored. Just my view, of course. But I do use it as a buying guide as much as I can.

Also, the thread really is about warranties, so I don't think these digressions are off topic. Monster won't honor its warranty on an open box item. I think it sucks.

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #34 of 73
Umm, Iet's not get carried away w/ the whole OneCall bit.  At least don't all call in at once and say you were on Headfi, blah blah blah....  

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #35 of 73
Logitech warrants to the original purchaser that your Logitech hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the length of time, identified on your product package and/or contained in your user documentation, from the date of purchase.  You may also find this information by selecting your product in the Online Support section of our website at www.logitech.com/support. Except where prohibited by applicable law, this warranty is nontransferable and is limited to the original purchaser.  This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary under local laws.

Scratch UE products off your list also.

Quote:
Based on that Shure post (about their warranty), I guess I would say Shure and Westone may have faith in their products, but little sense of what it means to truly be a world class company. To me, they are being penny wise and pound foolish. I, for one, will never buy another Westone product (they are overpriced and overrated anyway), and since I never have purchased a Shure, I won't. It's just BS, I don't care how many of the sheep companies do it. To me, a warranty is a warranty, no matter who owns it. It should be honored. Just my view, of course. But I do use it as a buying guide as much as I can.

Also, the thread really is about warranties, so I don't think these digressions are off topic. Monster won't honor its warranty on an open box item. I think it sucks.

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #36 of 73
Only reason I think Monster should make an exception for the "original owner" rule is because it was inspected (at least supposed to be), repackaged and sold by an authorized dealer. As I understand it, "open box" can only be used by an authorized retailer, since they officially certify it to be in as good working condition as new. You can't throw your personal headphones on Ebay as an "open box" item. At least you shouldn't.

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #37 of 73
If I was a reseller and Monster (or any other manufacturer) wants to work this way then I would demand the ability to return product like this back for a full refund or replacement unit from the manufacturer and then let the manufacturer decide what they want to do with returns.

Jul 24, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #39 of 73
Related but yet unrelated, could someone please send me a link to the Monster rep's profile? I need to PM him regarding a return under warranty but can't find his profile.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #40 of 73
Jul 24, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #41 of 73
Okay, I'm really pissed off right now. I just dropped $209 on an open box Monster Turbine Pro Coppers only because the OneCall representative I spoke with said that Monster will honor the warranty. I would have called, but the problem is they already shipped it!!!

This is so not fair.

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #42 of 73

Quote:
Okay, I'm really pissed off right now. I just dropped $209 on an open box Monster Turbine Pro Coppers only because the OneCall representative I spoke with said that Monster will honor the warranty. I would have called, but the problem is they already shipped it!!!

This is so not fair.

Call them back and say their rep is a moron.  They should send you some new ones.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #44 of 73
Patience is a virtue my friend

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #45 of 73

Done. There are better values out there I have found out than the mainstream phone makers. No need to keep finding more manufacturers who will not honor a warranty on a resold product. Just because they say it doesn't mean there are not ways around it, which is what makes it even more idiotic.
Quote:
Logitech warrants to the original purchaser that your Logitech hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for the length of time, identified on your product package and/or contained in your user documentation, from the date of purchase.  You may also find this information by selecting your product in the Online Support section of our website at www.logitech.com/support. Except where prohibited by applicable law, this warranty is nontransferable and is limited to the original purchaser.  This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary under local laws.

Scratch UE products off your list also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back