WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Nov 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #46 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by votdfak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSC02623 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

@SolidVictory

Fake or real?
confused_face.gif

Those definitely look fake to me. The Sennheiser logo has two spots (greenish looking) next to the "S", which is exactly what my fakes had. The real Sennheiser logo on genuine IE8s is flush with no weird coloring around it or inside of it.

And also, the lines are not thin enough and not close enough to touching the "S", which is what they are on the genuine IE8s.

And judging by the packaging picture in this guy's photostream:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4334495...n/photostream/

The ear is too bright and yellowish, which is also a characteristic of a fake IE8. So I would definitely lean towards these being fake.

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #47 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidVictory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those definitely look fake to me. The Sennheiser logo has two spots (greenish looking) next to the "S", which is exactly what my fakes had. The real Sennheiser logo on genuine IE8s is flush with no weird coloring around it or inside of it.

And also, the lines are not thin enough and not close enough to touching the "S", which is what they are on the genuine IE8s.

And judging by the packaging picture in this guy's photostream:

DSC02624 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The ear is too bright and yellowish, which is also a characteristic of a fake IE8. So I would definitely lean towards these being fake.

Thank you!

I am waiting for my Sennheiser IE8 to arrive. I've bought them on Amazon Marketplace for about 260$. In fact, my brother is going to recieve package, he is studying in USA, I am from Europe, Serbia. Already gave him your instructions and bunch of sites with original pictures to compare with. If they are fake I will be returning and filing a claim over Amazon.

Damn...

Nov 29, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #49 of 1,210
As I am reading this thread, I am thinking...so the people that are not in the know and spend $200 or whatever, get their fakes and don't know it, are they curious as to why it sounds so bad, or is ignorance bliss. Not that anyone here would have those answers, but just wonder how many people end up keeping them and either liking them or just thinking that they sound like crap and not money well spent.

Nov 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #51 of 1,210
When looking for a genuine Sennheiser product, always check with Sennheiser to see if they are authorized. If you ask the dealer, they will almost always say "yes, we're authorized", even if they are counterfeit.

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #53 of 1,210
Quote:

Hard to say - the photos are of such bad quality. If you're buying these from someone, request non-blurry photos, and most importantly, close-ups of the IEMs themselves- these just show something ambiguous from far away.

You want a shot of the logo on the IEM, to compare to the photos on page 1 - imo that's the most distinctive feature that the fakes exhibit.

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #54 of 1,210
I strongly suggest if you see headphones for sale well below their retail from HK or Chinese sellers on eBay that you report the listings. If enough of us regularly report the listings and they get removed, it will make it harder for these dishonest companies to do business.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #55 of 1,210
Quote:

The second picture leans me towards believing that they are fake. In the second picture, the Sennheiser logo on the packaging is near the top, while in real Sennheiser IE8 packaging, the Sennheiser logo is further below the top.

You'd still need higher resolution pictures to confirm it though, as syn_fx stated.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #56 of 1,210
Quote:

I bought those earphones from aseller called audio_access from amazon, i´m far from home now so someone sent me those images to compare with the real ones, the item is sealed yet. I need to determine if they are fakes to return them or not. Please try help me!! Thanks!

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #57 of 1,210
Quote:

The second picture leans me towards believing that they are fake. In the second picture, the Sennheiser logo on the packaging is near the top, while in real Sennheiser IE8 packaging, the Sennheiser logo is further below the top.

You'd still need higher resolution pictures to confirm it though, as syn_fx stated.

I will check it now, Im out from home so i cant compare them by myself for now, someone toke those pics for me.

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #58 of 1,210
Quote:

Can´t see any pic from that angle on the pics you uploaded. Can you explain it better or upload new pics? Thanks!

Nov 30, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #59 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj TechnoWinstrol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can´t see any pic from that angle on the pics you uploaded. Can you explain it better or upload new pics? Thanks!

It's on the third picture. The Sennheiser logo I am talking about is on the side-front, not on the front. It starts lower on the real IE8 packaging and starts higher on the fake IE8 packaging.

Also, the IE8 packaging that you posted pictures of seems to be more grayish and characteristic of the fake IE8 packaging.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #60 of 1,210
Quote:

It's on the third picture. The Sennheiser logo I am talking about is on the side-front, not on the front. It starts lower on the real IE8 packaging and starts higher on the fake IE8 packaging.

Also, the IE8 packaging that you posted pictures of seems to be more grayish and characteristic of the fake IE8 packaging.

OK I understand but i´m unable to compare because that area on your third pic is very angled I can´t be sure if the logo on mi pics is near or not. It looks like on the fake box? Near the top correct? If you answer is yes that is enough for me to return them, I don't think senheiser would change that kind of details on their product boxes. I look it grayish too. On the original box front the letters saying "SOUND TUNING" are they blue? I see on my pic black color letters, I'm not sure if its a light effect.Thank you for Ur help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back