WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Dec 1, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #61 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidVictory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The second picture leans me towards believing that they are fake. In the second picture, the Sennheiser logo on the packaging is near the top, while in real Sennheiser IE8 packaging, the Sennheiser logo is further below the top.

You'd still need higher resolution pictures to confirm it though, as syn_fx stated.

Just wanted to say thanks by the way - you're doing everyone a great service by taking your time to make this thread. Great job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dj TechnoWinstrol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK I understand but i´m unable to compare because that area on your third pic is very angled I can´t be sure if the logo on mi pics is near or not. It looks like on the fake box? Near the top correct? If you answer is yes that is enough for me to return them, I don't think senheiser would change that kind of details on their product boxes. I look it grayish too. On the original box front the letters saying "SOUND TUNING" are they blue? I see on my pic black color letters, I'm not sure if its a light effect.Thank you for Ur help!!

You should really get better photos - needless to say the lighting on yours is pretty terrible - you can't really make any conclusive statements. If you decide to return it to the seller, you will have little evidence to back up your claim that they are fake (what's more is they could be genuine, you won't know until you've looked closer!)

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #62 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by syn_fx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wanted to say thanks by the way - you're doing everyone a great service by taking your time to make this thread. Great job!

You should really get better photos - needless to say the lighting on yours is pretty terrible - you can't really make any conclusive statements. If you decide to return it to the seller, you will have little evidence to back up your claim that they are fake (what's more is they could be genuine, you won't know until you've looked closer!)

I understand, but I'm not at home, I asked someone to take some pics for me. I think we can determine if the logo is near the top or not without high quality photos ( we have not at moment) because its relationed with measures and proportions and not with colors or quality of imprint. We have not pics from that angle so my only options is to ask solid victory to compare them with his original box o take some pics and upload them. I need to take an action ASAP and we have only those pics so lets figure how to do it! Thanks!

Dec 1, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #63 of 1,210
I have my veredit, they earphones are FAKE. Why? The bar code area has all the answers! Look at the bar code and compare it with te position of the SENHEISER word and Logo, on the originals the barcode starts after the "R", on the Fake it starts from the "E". If you do the same wit the features logos you will find the same, they correspond with different letters. The senheiser "S" logo on originals is between the first and second triangle, on fakes it is between second and third one.

I will return them now and buy them again from a authorized seller. Solid_Victory it would be very helpful if you take pics from that angle, I can see many differences on the bar code area that will help many others to identify the fakes faster. Thank you for your help!!

Dec 1, 2009 at 9:37 AM Post #64 of 1,210
@Dj TechnoWinstrol

Be sure to post your feedback on Amazon for future buyers. I've also ordered from Amazon, DLP Distributions. I am waiting for my brother to pick up phones from USPS, and make pictures so I can analyze them. If they're fake I'll be sending them back.

Does anyone have experience with Amazon claims?

Thank you in advance.

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #65 of 1,210
Greetings, I'm new here, but I've been reading the forum a long time.
English is not so no shot of google, I hope forbearance inconsistencies of language, the blame you know who has it.

Well, for that matter, I have some e8 and I'm in absolute doubt, the bar code well, the metal box appears that too, but ... but the chip or piece of red wire to the headset does not appear right ..... this means that if you have the red wire chip or false?
It may be a prior or subsequent manufacturing sennheiser authentic?
Moreover sennheiser has spoken on the subject of the pictures to deduce the falsity of certain products?

Imageshack - auricular - Uploaded by FLAC
Imageshack - conectorz - Uploaded by FLAC
Imageshack - auriculars2b - Uploaded by FLAC

Also say that they send an email to sennheiser the 24th and I have not been answered yet, I hope we do not turn their backs on these cases, they are also interested in the subject as we are.

Anyway this afternoon in time will clear photos that you may see my ie8, not whether they are originals, try to make pictures clearer.

What you think?
darthsmile.gif
darthsmile.gif

greetings.

Dec 1, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #66 of 1,210
Dec 2, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #69 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by EARPHONE MAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

[size=x-small][size=medium]nobody answers, it must be that as I am again, maybe nobody will be authentic and have nothing to say.
I would appreciate your opinion of experts.

greetings[/size][/size]

They look fake. Read post #1.

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #72 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingStars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am never buying IE8 due to this fake business.

No worries, it doesn't suit many people as it does have a weird sound sig emphasizing on the low end

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #73 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingStars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am never buying IE8 due to this fake business.

Yea, It makes me not to trust any seller from FS forum, unless you have 1000+post and good feed back .............
atsmile.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #74 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by obentou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No worries, it doesn't suit many people as it does have a weird sound sig emphasizing on the low end

It is as funny as it sounds, as IE8 appreciation thread got second most reply in portable section..............I take "many" people do like it sound signature, not including you though

Dec 2, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #75 of 1,210
Honestly I am very disappointed with Sennheiser, on October 24 will send an email to them to give me guidelines to follow response or whether my product is fake or not.

I have not received a response from them, and I will not receive it, I have many years
sennheiser user and I think now I'm going to think much more and perhaps never again to buy more the brand, your customer service leaves much to be desired.

As a customer of the brand I am very disappointed.
greetings.

How can I provide some truthful information about if my headset is fake, otherwise I can not make a formal complaint to paypal.

thanks for your help and again pardon my bad English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back