WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!!
Nov 27, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #31 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by TedGamble /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the fake box have a hologram on the back?

Yes, the fake box has a hologram just like the real box and they are both indistinguishable.

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #33 of 1,210
SolidVictory, very good post as has been echoed by many others in the thread already and I think this will go a long way towards helping others.

That being said, the startling similarities (to the extent of copying the box), etc is bordering on frustrating and leaves me somewhat uncomfortable in a way at the state of affairs today. Nonetheless, I'm glad I have the genuine product.

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:16 AM Post #34 of 1,210
Well, looking at the pics from SolidVictory (and thanks for pointing this info out), looks like the Sennheiser symbol looks closest to the fake. Also, in the seller's feedback one person says he received fake Beats by Dr. Dre.

I would say contact the seller and ask to cancel the transaction as you know they are fake. If the seller doesn't agree, submit a paypal dispute using the pictures here and the ones in the auction to claim they are fake.

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #35 of 1,210
thanks so much for this! just managed to confirm that mine are originals! tho i could tell from the sound :p

cheers

Nov 27, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #36 of 1,210
Mine are in transit from Amazon.de..... Is that a guarantee? Do you know they buy straight from Sennheiser? Talking about Amazon itself, not Marketplace vendros.

This IS scary.

Nov 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #38 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, looking at the pics from SolidVictory (and thanks for pointing this info out), looks like the Sennheiser symbol looks closest to the fake. Also, in the seller's feedback one person says he received fake Beats by Dr. Dre.

I would say contact the seller and ask to cancel the transaction as you know they are fake. If the seller doesn't agree, submit a paypal dispute using the pictures here and the ones in the auction to claim they are fake.

I'm still hoping you are wrong, but your suggestion it's the best thing I can do if mine is fake, thanks

Nov 27, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #39 of 1,210
DSC02623 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

@SolidVictory

Fake or real?
confused_face.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #40 of 1,210
oh lawdz, this just scared me out of some ebay buying!
and they looked so tempting too...

@miprasetya
i dont rate any ebay item unless the page has a decent html layout to it, especially with really good pricing on something like this

an interesting thing is when you see sites like this
Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphone - AskDirect
thats a link i got from another head-fi'er apparently thats sennheiser uk listed? i'm not sure.
but with this whole pricing thing, all sennheiser stuff is cheaper in europe, so that makes me think that when i see an auction on ebay like this:
(-snip, link died soon after, sorry! it was an ebay one)
whether its genuine or not, since the item is based in the UK, the layout is good, the rep isn't too bad, and the price isn't far off, i mean sure it's good but it's not ridiculous

also, as soon as you see the word 'geniune' on an auction and you're paying with paypal, it's fairly safe to give it a whirl, since if you get the item and it turns out it's a fake, you can paypal dispute it and get it all back
biggrin.gif
under false information or something like that.
works for entire costs usually
i've gotten like 400 bucks back through it, it's scary but i can say it works, for those who haven't had an experience like that.

so there's something for ya to chew on :3

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #41 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassCasket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh lawdz, this just scared me out of some ebay buying!
and they looked so tempting too...

@miprasetya
i dont rate any ebay item unless the page has a decent html layout to it, especially with really good pricing on something like this

an interesting thing is when you see sites like this
Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphone - AskDirect
thats a link i got from another head-fi'er apparently thats sennheiser uk listed? i'm not sure.
but with this whole pricing thing, all sennheiser stuff is cheaper in europe, so that makes me think that when i see an auction on ebay like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Sennhe...ht_4692wt_1165
whether its genuine or not, since the item is based in the UK, the layout is good, the rep isn't too bad, and the price isn't far off, i mean sure it's good but it's not ridiculous

also, as soon as you see the word 'geniune' on an auction and you're paying with paypal, it's fairly safe to give it a whirl, since if you get the item and it turns out it's a fake, you can paypal dispute it and get it all back
biggrin.gif
under false information or something like that.
works for entire costs usually
i've gotten like 400 bucks back through it, it's scary but i can say it works, for those who haven't had an experience like that.

so there's something for ya to chew on :3

RE the top link:

I bought my Sennheiser from ASKdirect, indeed for £179. They are listed as an official Sennheiser dealer on Sennheiser's website - I got mine from their London store on Tottenham Court Road.

I've verified that mine are real - they look exactly like the ones in the pictures, and they certainly don't sound like cheap IEMs, which is what is claimed about the fakes.

Therefore (based solely on my experience), I'd say that they are a safe bet.

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #42 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by syn_fx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE the top link:

I bought my Sennheiser from ASKdirect, indeed for £179. They are listed as an official Sennheiser dealer on Sennheiser's website - I got mine from their London store on Tottenham Court Road.

I've verified that mine are real - they look exactly like the ones in the pictures, and they certainly don't sound like cheap IEMs, which is what is claimed about the fakes.

Therefore (based solely on my experience), I'd say that they are a safe bet.

ahh awesome!
thanks alot!
now i have to hope that they'll ship to sleepy ol' Australia for a less then insane amount...
if so, i'm probably gonna end up sold on em ;D

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #43 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassCasket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ahh awesome!
thanks alot!
now i have to hope that they'll ship to sleepy ol' Australia for a less then insane amount...
if so, i'm probably gonna end up sold on em ;D

Australia!? The shipping probably won't be minuscule if you know what I mean! I think they operate within the UK on a high turnover/low profit margin setup, so it's unlikely - but make sure you check - could be a bargain!

Really enjoying Hilltop Hoods at the moment, heard they're hugely popular in Australia - sounds great through the IE8s

Nov 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #44 of 1,210
Quote:

Originally Posted by syn_fx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Australia!? The shipping probably won't be minuscule if you know what I mean! I think they operate within the UK on a high turnover/low profit margin setup, so it's unlikely - but make sure you check - could be a bargain!

Really enjoying Hilltop Hoods at the moment, heard they're hugely popular in Australia - sounds great through the IE8s

they say they ship internationally, but i have to get a quote, and thats when the sale is pretty far down the track which is a hassle

but yeah i was hoping so!
i was going by the fact that it's not a particularly large or heavy object to be mailing... only one way to find out though

yeah they're preeeeeeetty big here,
not really my thing though, more of a death metal man ;D

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #45 of 1,210
Thanks SV, this should be useful for anyone considering a pair of too-good-to-be-true IE8s, 'specially on eBay.

The ESW9, ESW10JPN, and now the IE8... wow, wonder what awesome, somewhat obscure high-end headphone they'll counterfeit next
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back