Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM- a labour of love
Apr 20, 2018 at 2:33 AM Post #167 of 220
Very curious to see how the Prelude compares against the Phantom in terms of vocals and timbre (guitars, especially) :dt880smile:

Apr 20, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #168 of 220
Very curious to see how the Prelude compares against the Phantom in terms of vocals and timbre (guitars, especially) :dt880smile:

A Phantom comparison will be in my review. I'm currently spending every spare minute of my life writing two reviews at the same time, but I'll get there eventually - please be patient. :D

Apr 21, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #169 of 220
A Phantom comparison will be in my review. I'm currently spending every spare minute of my life writing two reviews at the same time, but I'll get there eventually - please be patient. :D

I somehow missed your post earlier about the comparison that is coming up. Sorry about that -- didn't mean to rush you at all.

Jun 8, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #172 of 220
Earlier today I’ve posted a Prelude review on HF. I don’t consider myself to be such a great technical reviewer to begin with, as I’m often struggling to put signature details that I hear into the right words.
But I gave it my best shot nonetheless, as I truly think that the Prelude is a special IEM, that deserves all the attention it can get...

So please, step into the Wonderful World of Warbler: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/warbler-prelude.22953/reviews#review-19972

Oh, and before reading I would advise to take the red ONE :wink:
giphy.gif
So i took the red pill :
20180608_185618_HDR.jpg
20180608_185907.jpg
... and now I'm wondering how deep the rabbit hole actually goes :ksc75smile:

Jun 10, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #174 of 220
So i took the red pill :

... and now I'm wondering how deep the rabbit hole actually goes :ksc75smile:
Nice!!! I see you sticked with the 'Prince logo', just like the H8.2 in your avatar.

I hope you enjoy it as much as most of us (incl me) do and please share your thoughts on the Prelude once you've landed on your feet.
tumblr_lznlek5zyL1qdes1mo1_500.gif

This could take some time though :grin:
tenor.gif

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #175 of 220
My friend here in India has Warbler prelude, but he preferred etymotic er4XR over it. He said that both of them sound nearly same but ety cost 1/3rd of the price of Prelude.

From my point, well I worked with Sonion once, BA has a very big issue on portraying full range due to harmonic breakup and nature of narrowband. Even if you take a high sensitivity driver and lower it mid and treble sensitivity while making it linear to low end notes, or going with foam resistor doesn't really solve the inherent problem.

But my friend told me that they really good but he said that ety was doing 80% of what warbler did....so his preference is toward ety.

I think they can go with same driver x5. This will increase a lot of sensitivity, they tune it down to the same level of sensitivity that prelude provides but with same treble influence. No crossover needed, just some resistors(z foil resistor) to dampen the state and some caps.

This will make driver move in tandem as all are playing full range but on very low sensitivity per driver to reach overall prelude driver. Distortion charts will fall down and extension on frequency can be achieved. And since all are running fullrange, I think getting the coherency is easier than crossovered drivers.

That's my suggestion, if Warbler guys are on this thread.

Many drivers are not beneficial on crossover, but are beneficial if we have same driver doing same frequency on lower current, it will overall make driver move less, hence giving some leeway to extend further on high and low range without distorting and slowing down

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #176 of 220
Wrong post

Attachments

• 截屏_20180704_200138.jpg
    截屏_20180704_200138.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #177 of 220
Sorry guys

Don’t know how I post wrong reply here

I still love my PRelude though

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #178 of 220
It took me longer than expected, but here's my full, unadulterated take on Warbler Audio's Prelude: A champion of timbral refinement and tonal accuracy, that promises to deliver an organically-textured sonic palate by all means necessary. Enjoy! :D

Aug 17, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #179 of 220
My favorite ciem and cable at the moment (last couple weeks):

Warbler Prelude + CTM 8 core silver cable Okoi 2.5 mm connected with Trident Audio Silver + Copper 2.5 mm to 4.4 mm connector cable + Modified WM1Z/ or Earstudio ES100 bluetooth DAC.

With modified WM1Z(more brighter sounding 1Z/ improved version of 1A):
Sound is extremely soulful and sublime. Prelude is associated with very soulful but thick warm sound; has amazing amazing timbre and extremely warm. Silver Okoi cable clear much of the warmth, music/sound is extremely clear, improved clarity by great amount and precision is spot on. Not as thick sounding, soundstage expanded, great air between instruments. Still as soulful as ever, with male vocals as the focus, maybe even better than before. Those who loves extreme technical side of music (should?) avoid Prelude because it is the antithesis of technicality. No longer the case, since Prelude becomes combination of great technicality with extremely soulful/ musical piece. My advise, when using Prelude with good silver based cable, all its disadvatages such as very warm, thick sounding, slight veil are gone, replaced with much blacker background, extreme clarity, much greater resolution, less thickness, greater soundstage, instruments have greater impact, eg: piano becomes lively and when it needs it will hits hard, while at the same time, Prelude retains its amazing timbre, soulfulness eg: female voices pull at your heartstrings easily and its great bass definition. It sounded like a different but still great sounding ciem altogether. Even better if its paired with brighter sounding DAP like AK or modified 1A/1Z or even Earstudio ES100 DAC/ LDAC streaming. Comparison between Prelude with regular cable and with good silver cable is like a handsome man who is 20 pounds overweight with the same man but 20 pounds lighter. Its still the same person, but the later is more agile, faster, healthier, and more active, while the earlier is sluggish, lazier, slower version. Those who own Prelude, try using silver cable and discover the great difference. You'll rediscover and fall in love with Prelude once more. With good silver cable, I would place Warbler Prelude on the same class as EE Phantom, probably slightly lower, but not by much.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #180 of 220
Technicalities aside, between the Prelude and EE Phantom, which of the two has better ability to convey emotions, especially in the range of vocals and instruments like electric guitars? Like, for sitting back and just enjoy the music, which one would be better?

BTW, awesome review Daniel! Appreciate your effort in writing this up! @Deezel177

Users who are viewing this thread

Back