Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM- a labour of love
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #196 of 220
Here she is!

1648CBA3-1C4F-4AF6-B9AD-7A5699F90E7F.jpeg

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:10 AM Post #200 of 220
Will there be universal?

Not sure... the universal model sticks out of my ears quite a bit. The nozzles are quite long, almost like the JH universals. Not very comfortable. Maybe Warbler made the nozzles long to get the sound close to the custom?

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #202 of 220
I've got my preludes some weeks ago and want to share my impressions.

It took me a little patience to get to hear them but in the end it was totaly worth it. They grabed my attention first time i saw them on flinkenick's thread and as soon as i saw a second hand one i bought it. Warbler did a nice job with the reshell as it looks great and the fitting is the way i hoped. I can't break the seal whatever i do :)
Just to give other people confidence i send my impressions end of october 2018 and got the iem's in february. It's a little longer than i expected but Hasan from warbler was promptly with every mail I wrote and really kind and helpful. In the end a very nice experience.

On to the sound...
To give some background I listen to all kinds of music. Some of my favourites are Dave Matthwes Band, Steely Dan, Beck, Tool, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Pain of Salvation, Rush, Jason Mraz, Metallica...
LPG is my main Source and tend to change iem's from day to day.

I think up to now everybody knows they are superb with tone and coherence. It really is this great. If you like the singer have the main spot in a band you will love the prelude. I think it's also known that the extension on both ends is not the greatest of all iems but especially with the treble I don't miss it. The treble quality is better than all my other iem. I enjoy the fine details of high pitched instruments much more than i used to and even look for such things in songs. The missing extension on the other end i miss much more. The bass sounds really nice and you can hear a lot of fine details but the visceral impact and feeling is missing. If I compare it to the Hyla CE-5 I think the 'sound' is in the some league but the feeling is totaly different. The Hyla is much more physical. Therefor I tend to use other iem's with Tool or Metallica but with Pain of Salvation it's no Problem at all allthough thats also quiet heavy music.
But the star of the show are the mids. Get some Beck or Dave Metthews Band and everything is right at the perfect spot i get excited just thinking...it's just perfect...too me of course.
The more technical things like seperation, black background and layering are also on a great level compared to my other iem's. I just need to mention the stage is not the widest. It's an intimate feeling but not claustrophobic.
At last I like to point out the prelude scales nicely with another cable. I substituted the plastic one i received with the Hansound Redcore and together with the LPG it became much clearer and the former warm feeling, which i at the beginning thought a little to much, subsided.

To summerize Warbler has come up with the nicest iem that i heard when i crave for a nice emotional singer!

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #203 of 220
I've got my preludes some weeks ago and want to share my impressions.

It took me a little patience to get to hear them but in the end it was totaly worth it. They grabed my attention first time i saw them on flinkenick's thread and as soon as i saw a second hand one i bought it. Warbler did a nice job with the reshell as it looks great and the fitting is the way i hoped. I can't break the seal whatever i do :)
Just to give other people confidence i send my impressions end of october 2018 and got the iem's in february. It's a little longer than i expected but Hasan from warbler was promptly with every mail I wrote and really kind and helpful. In the end a very nice experience.

On to the sound...
To give some background I listen to all kinds of music. Some of my favourites are Dave Matthwes Band, Steely Dan, Beck, Tool, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Pain of Salvation, Rush, Jason Mraz, Metallica...
LPG is my main Source and tend to change iem's from day to day.

I think up to now everybody knows they are superb with tone and coherence. It really is this great. If you like the singer have the main spot in a band you will love the prelude. I think it's also known that the extension on both ends is not the greatest of all iems but especially with the treble I don't miss it. The treble quality is better than all my other iem. I enjoy the fine details of high pitched instruments much more than i used to and even look for such things in songs. The missing extension on the other end i miss much more. The bass sounds really nice and you can hear a lot of fine details but the visceral impact and feeling is missing. If I compare it to the Hyla CE-5 I think the 'sound' is in the some league but the feeling is totaly different. The Hyla is much more physical. Therefor I tend to use other iem's with Tool or Metallica but with Pain of Salvation it's no Problem at all allthough thats also quiet heavy music.
But the star of the show are the mids. Get some Beck or Dave Metthews Band and everything is right at the perfect spot i get excited just thinking...it's just perfect...too me of course.
The more technical things like seperation, black background and layering are also on a great level compared to my other iem's. I just need to mention the stage is not the widest. It's an intimate feeling but not claustrophobic.
At last I like to point out the prelude scales nicely with another cable. I substituted the plastic one i received with the Hansound Redcore and together with the LPG it became much clearer and the former warm feeling, which i at the beginning thought a little to much, subsided.

To summerize Warbler has come up with the nicest iem that i heard when i crave for a nice emotional singer!
Warbler Prelude shines with bright dap like LPG and would perform even better with good silver + copper cable. I use it with ALO Ref8 iem cable and Triton 8 hybrid silver and copper cable. Clarity is way better and its not as warm. Bass hits harder although still lacking subbass.

Jun 4, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #207 of 220
Hi I’m curious if anyone could compare the final FIBASS with these,, being they both have a single BA? Thank you in advance!
Cheers!
The FI-BA-SS definitely has the more impact and quantity in the lower region. The mids are pretty good too, and treble not too sibilant. Overall providing enough clarity and thumping bass. The Prelude on the other hand, focuses more on retrieving each notes with as high quality and coherence as it can. The bass has significantly less power and quantity, but it is there providing rhythm to the overall presentation, and it makes up for the lack of depth and rumble with a higher quality and details in each notes. The main/highlight however lies in its midrange sector. As it is in my opinion very beautiful, and well-balanced incorporating enough warmth and proper clarity. The delivery of each note, the timbre and tone, the singing vocals are all great. More natural than the FI-BA-SS.

May 28, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #209 of 220
Prelude's development from 2017 (forest green)
IMG-20210528-215042.jpg

taken-1622205783142-edit-33807927653174.jpg

taken-1622205801552-edit-33819814429214.jpg

taken-1622205874801-edit-33831126920358.jpg

Lovely looking back. Still need to somehow try the Prelude one of these days.

May 31, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #210 of 220
here is my custom prelude :L3000:

_JPEG_Image__1200 × 1600_pixels_.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back