Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM- a labour of love
May 31, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #211 of 220
Jun 1, 2021 at 3:38 AM Post #212 of 220
Beautiful! How would you describe the sound?
i like fast, analytical, resolving iems. my main iem history is hifiman re0 -> phonak pfe -> etymotic er4p -> noble pr
noble pr is perfect for reference listening but i tired listening bad metal records on pr :) pr first impression is tin can for most people. (its a well skilled can)

i want more musical iem with a bit more bass touch but still analytical signature ciem and that's it prelude!

treble reproduction is very realistic. cymbals is important for me i hear every timbre right.

mids are smooth. add some body&warmness both upper and lower tones. without that warm touch referance iems feels exhausted on long listening sessions

bass is excellent. fast and lifelike. it is not ugly extended bass-head toy! without bass mojo genres like sympohic,folk metal is not impactful like prelude. definitely its a big upgrade for me.

11504814.png

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #213 of 220
Prelude's development from 2017 (forest green)
IMG-20210528-215042.jpg

Hi there, my 'left ear twin brother' :wink: nice to see that you're still around here...
So, does this mean that you ordered (sometimes I wonder if they're still in business) an extra pair recently? And if so, why?

After all this years this is still one of my all time favourite (and I've tried quite a few) IEMs. The last months I mainly listened with the Prelude & Phantom :ksc75smile:
Btw, on the Prelude I use the EAxMS Eos now... matches perfect to my ears!

i like fast, analytical, resolving iems. my main iem history is hifiman re0 -> phonak pfe -> etymotic er4p -> noble pr
noble pr is perfect for reference listening but i tired listening bad metal records on pr :) pr first impression is tin can for most people. (its a well skilled can)

i want more musical iem with a bit more bass touch but still analytical signature ciem and that's it prelude!

treble reproduction is very realistic. cymbals is important for me i hear every timbre right.

mids are smooth. add some body&warmness both upper and lower tones. without that warm touch referance iems feels exhausted on long listening sessions

bass is excellent. fast and lifelike. it is not ugly extended bass-head toy! without bass mojo genres like sympohic,folk metal is not impactful like prelude. definitely its a big upgrade for me.

11504814.png

Nice description and beautiful design imo :thumbsup:

''it is not ugly extended bass-head toy!'' Hahaha, you're certainly right about that! Although I have to admit that I boost some (mainly low) frequenties by pmeq on my dap to make it sound even more dynamic and alive / holographic. But that's just a matter of personal taste of course...

Jun 1, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #214 of 220
Hi there, my 'left ear twin brother' :wink: nice to see that you're still around here...
So, does this mean that you ordered (sometimes I wonder if they're still in business) an extra pair recently? And if so, why?

After all this years this is still one of my all time favourite (and I've tried quite a few) IEMs. The last months I mainly listened with the Prelude & Phantom :ksc75smile:
Btw, on the Prelude I use the EAxMS Eos now... matches perfect to my ears!
Hey there my left ear twin :ksc75smile: I'm so glad you're still logging in from time to time. Yep, still around these parts. I don't have many other hobbies, so..

Well, I'm very grateful I found the Prelude through this forum. And thought that I might need another pair for backup. I really like the Prelude. I'm sure you understand

Another thing was, since 2017 there has been some development to the Prelude, several little tiny adjustments to improve the sound. The Warbler team are always continuously trying to find ways to make it better, with the aim of crafting the best single BA ever. So the current one if you zoom in, you can see that its shell is now fully filled, and driver model updated (it is now slightly bigger), as well as soldering method tweaked a bit. All this was said to help improve blackness of background, low frequency, and resolution, among other things. These little tiny things that affect sound in subtle ways, they compound and help elevate the sound quality quite noticeably. I'm sure there are more not mentioned
I really admire their spirit to ever improve

Hey, the Phantom too :) That's great to hear
Nice that you got a matching cable as well

Jun 1, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #215 of 220
Another thing was, since 2017 there has been some development to the Prelude, several little tiny adjustments to improve the sound. The Warbler team are always continuously trying to find ways to make it better, with the aim of crafting the best single BA ever. So the current one if you zoom in, you can see that its shell is now fully filled, and driver model updated (it is now slightly bigger), as well as soldering method tweaked a bit. All this was said to help improve blackness of background, low frequency, and resolution, among other things. These little tiny things that affect sound in subtle ways, they compound and help elevate the sound quality quite noticeably. I'm sure there are more not mentioned
I really admire their spirit to ever improve
Saaaay whaaaaat? They even managed to make it sound better? I'm not sure if I wanted to know (I've been inactive over the past 6 months to avoid any form of 'upgraderitus') that :smile:

Well, in case my Prelude ever breaks down... I know where to turn to for an upgrade.
Hey, the Phantom too :) That's great to hear
Nice that you got a matching cable as well
I have the Phantom for a long time and I guess that I like it so much because it also (just like the Prelude) has a way of projecting music in a very realistic (natural timbre) way.
Over the years I managed to find great cable matches for all my current (6) IEMs. Most of the time it's a matter of finetuning, but sometimes it's like 1+1=3
Anyway... happy listening buddy :beerchug:

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #216 of 220
Glad you guys still like Prelude. I still like and own it.

still want to recommend to you guys um 3d terminator 3dt. This is I think in a way, the spiritual predecessor to Prelude sound quality. It’s much tighter, higher resolution and clarity, bass hits hard, great extension on both bass and treble ends. And I think 3DT has the best timbre of all iems I’ve heard. I heard a lot, like VE8, Elysium, Erlkonig, Fir M5 and also own Phantom and SE5U. As far as realism and sound quality, 3DT is the best for me. It’s really really good, I think it already surpassed Prelude. It’s also cheap, about $350 or so. Feels like a steal, there’s mispricing at least in terms of sound quality. A great value iem 👍

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #218 of 220
My Warbler Prelude is entering production as of this week! Can't wait!

Oct 17, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #219 of 220
Latest revision of the Prelude! Classic 1 BA config, with its sound unique and so wonderful. They're like treasure coloring my music and day
image2-5.jpg

Oct 17, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #220 of 220
Latest revision of the Prelude! Classic 1 BA config, with its sound unique and so wonderful. They're like treasure coloring my music and day
image2-5.jpg

Can't wait for mine. It should be finished up sometime this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back