Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM- a labour of love
Mar 18, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #152 of 220
I'll be able to compare them within the next few days when my Phantom arrives. I'll let you know. :)

Yes three! I've been holding off between these two hoping to find a comparison. I'm leaning towards the Prelude due to the fact that I'm a Tube + Full Range Alnico driver kinda guy for the last couple years. The closest I can get to my Omega Alnico floorstanders plus 2A3 SET the best.

Mar 19, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #153 of 220
Yes three! I've been holding off between these two hoping to find a comparison. I'm leaning towards the Prelude due to the fact that I'm a Tube + Full Range Alnico driver kinda guy for the last couple years. The closest I can get to my Omega Alnico floorstanders plus 2A3 SET the best.

I've been writing impressions of the Phantom for the past couple days, so a Prelude comparison will be coming very soon. Please a wait a tad bit more. :D

Mar 22, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #154 of 220
IMG_20180305_231537.jpg
Serial # 185

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #155 of 220
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #156 of 220
That looks stunning!

How do you like Warbler? Any comment on the sound?

Truly amazing.

Been hammering it for quite a while and it is incredibly natural.

What i feel while i listen my music with Warbler is orcehstra, groups or singers perform their music in studio or live in concert, and i am right there listening them other side of glass with music producer or in VIP section of concert hall.

This product is more like a rare art piece for me since its sound is so unique and not many people have this privelege to hear it.

I know Tahsin , the engineer of these CIEM's for 8 years and even before producing this product, he had technical itch and scientific approach to get the accurate sound , and he would show me the peer reviewed article data he found.

And maybe the most important thing for me, if there would be another company, this would be 4th or 5th product that Warbler produced, and each generation of Prelude would priced higher. Why?

The owners of Warbler brand are very critical and their motive isn't cash grab. They are genuine audiophiles like you and me who started this journey to find the ultimate sound and enjoy the music.

And they did the best they could :ksc75smile:

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #158 of 220
The thread's been silent for almost half a month. To end the silence here is the mine with a greenish marble faceplate and smokey shell. Great craftsmanship.

HfFiLlG.jpg
That's some nice design :thumbsup:

How do you like them (sq/signature) so far?

Apr 8, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #159 of 220
The thread's been silent for almost half a month. To end the silence here is the mine with a greenish marble faceplate and smokey shell. Great craftsmanship.

HfFiLlG.jpg

I just saw these on Instagram a few hours ago. Congrats, man! :D Like @Kerouac said, we’d love to know what you think in terms of sound, so we can keep the discussion alive on the thread. My review should be done within the next few weeks, so there’ll definitely be more coming. :wink:

Apr 8, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #160 of 220
That's some nice design :thumbsup:

How do you like them (sq/signature) so far?

I just saw these on Instagram a few hours ago. Congrats, man! :D Like @Kerouac said, we’d love to know what you think in terms of sound, so we can keep the discussion alive on the thread. My review should be done within the next few weeks, so there’ll definitely be more coming. :wink:
Thank you. It's been just a single day but I try my best to share some early impressions.

I firstly noticed that this could be unique audiophile style ciem, not a product which aims target audience to raise the company's voice louder. Tuning is perfectly done with a single armature driver. I say perfect because it is fast (really fast), reaches all the way up the treble without any single irritation. Also, if my ears don't play with me, I hear unique style bass quailty rather than increasing the quantity. That method helps to provide clear, very detailed and spacious sound to me.

Besides, some may find Prelude lack of body, especially in mid range, this is the way we have high level transparency and separation in my humble opinion. I almost forgot to say that Prelude has the most accurate instrument tones I've heard to date.

As I stated, what I share is my very early impressions, hope it's heplful to some. :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #161 of 220
Thank you. It's been just a single day but I try my best to share some early impressions.

I firstly noticed that this could be unique audiophile style ciem, not a product which aims target audience to raise the company's voice louder. Tuning is perfectly done with a single armature driver. I say perfect because it is fast (really fast), reaches all the way up the treble without any single irritation. Also, if my ears don't play with me, I hear unique style bass quailty rather than increasing the quantity. That method helps to provide clear, very detailed and spacious sound to me.

Besides, some may find Prelude lack of body, especially in mid range, this is the way we have high level transparency and separation in my humble opinion. I almost forgot to say that Prelude has the most accurate instrument tones I've heard to date.

As I stated, what I share is my very early impressions, hope it's heplful to some. :wink:

Awesome, my man! Would you say the lack of midrange body has something to do with the light mid-bass? I concur with your thoughts on the low-end as a whole though. It’s soft, mellow and warm yet incredibly detailed, articulate and airy. Gorgeous stuff! :wink:

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #162 of 220
Can anyone comment on the level of isolation these provide? If I'm on a plane or a subway, will I still have to turn the volume way up?

I'm about to pull the trigger, but I really want something that isolates extremely well. I might have to get something in silicone, I'm not sure.

I've never owned custom IEMS before so I don't really have much to compare it with. I do have an SEM9, which doesn't really isolate very much at all.

Apr 17, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #163 of 220
Can anyone comment on the level of isolation these provide? If I'm on a plane or a subway, will I still have to turn the volume way up?

I'm about to pull the trigger, but I really want something that isolates extremely well. I might have to get something in silicone, I'm not sure.

I've never owned custom IEMS before so I don't really have much to compare it with. I do have an SEM9, which doesn't really isolate very much at all.

The Prelude looks and feels like a fully-filled acrylic CIEM - meaning they also fill the entire shell with acrylic to hold the components in place and to damp them as well, I assume. As a result, you’d get better isolation than a majority of the market which uses either hollow acrylic shells or partially-filled ones. Though, make sure you get quality impressions so the seal is as good as it can get.

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #164 of 220
The Prelude looks and feels like a fully-filled acrylic CIEM - meaning they also fill the entire shell with acrylic to hold the components in place and to damp them as well, I assume. As a result, you’d get better isolation than a majority of the market which uses either hollow acrylic shells or partially-filled ones. Though, make sure you get quality impressions so the seal is as good as it can get.

Interesting, I didn't know the Prelude was filled, is the difference of weight noticeable compared to other ciems you have?

Apr 17, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #165 of 220
Interesting, I didn't know the Prelude was filled, is the difference of weight noticeable compared to other ciems you have?

It’s a combination of weight and what looks like bubbles visible around the sound tube if you shine a light through the IEM. But, I’ve heard from an extremely experienced insider that it’s actually hollow acrylic. So, don’t quote me on it (although you already have :p), but it’s very possible that I’m wrong. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back