Warbler Audio's Prelude CIEM- a labour of love
Nov 10, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #106 of 220
I had a similar experience with the WM1A on my Zeus. Everything sounded a bit dull and the Zeus's thick lower-midrange became too emphasised for my liking. I should be receiving my Prelude in a month if everything goes to plan; can't wait to give it a go and post impressions and possible pairing suggestions here. :D

There is no such thing as a perfect IEM; only deterrents that delay you from inevitably realising that you need more than one. :p But, based on my short demo, the Prelude is nothing short of special. That is definitely for certain.
Can't wait to hear what you think Deezel, without force-fit. :) Hope you'll like your new Prelude! It is pretty special IMO as well. It's natural, as a natural-sounding IEM can be. It's, it's (cannot describe).. Just give it another listen OK. :wink:

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #107 of 220
I find it really difficult to rotate IEM's when the Prelude is included. It is pretty different from other IEM's I had and it always takes me quiet some time to enjoy again. thats why everything else is gone and nothing more will follow :)

Nov 10, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #108 of 220
I find it really difficult to rotate IEM's when the Prelude is included. It is pretty different from other IEM's I had and it always takes me quiet some time to enjoy again. thats why everything else is gone and nothing more will follow :)
Yeah, I agree. It takes some time to adjust afterwards. The Prelude sounds pretty unique.

Nov 10, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #109 of 220
Btw Since I had a surgery recently and could not work I did force myself to do some blind tests:

1: the difference between cd ripped flac files and 320 kb mp3‘s

2: the difference between stock cable and aftermarket cables

Shockingly the results showed that my answers were random. Absolutely no difference for my ears. I‘m done with this cable stuff etc

Nov 10, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #110 of 220
Btw Since I had a surgery recently and could not work I did force myself to do some blind tests:

Shockingly the results showed that my answers were random. Absolutely no difference for my ears. I‘m done with this cable stuff etc
After further testing just now, I think you may be right.

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #111 of 220

What cables did you use and what was the aim of your tests?

With a cable like Ares II the difference is quite noticeable and I can, for instance, easily distinguish between Ares II and Eros II. It does depend on the type of music I use and I find the differences most noticeable with classical music, especially symphonies. When I listen to something very simple, such as Ludovico Einaudi, the differences become far more difficult, even impossible, to notice. It also depends on how concentrated I am when I am listening. Just listening for fun means the differences are far less noticeable, but when I listen very attentively, like I do when I listen to something like Beethoven's 5th, then the differences become very obvious.

I guess the use of aftermarket cables depends on how a person listens and what they listen to. Ergonomics can be the main purpose, or (as in my case) fine-tuning sound quality to get extra performance out of gear.

Oh, and all the best with your recovery!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #112 of 220
I‘m fine, thanks sir :)

Breaking it down to a genre is impossible. I did test with the following songs:

Blanche - City lights
Agnes Obel - familiar
Mark Knopfler - Kingdom of Gold
Dire straits - Money for nothing
Dire straits - water of love
Black Sabbath - war pigs
Leonard Cohen - On the level
Louis Armstrong - what a wonderful world
Max richter - on the nature of daylight
Miles Davis - so what
Queen - it‘s a hard life
Stevie wonder - superstition
Stone sour - reborn
Linkin park - mark the graves

I was alone, focused on the music without any side noise.

Cables were:

Stock linum cable
Effect Audio Ares II

May some hear a difference or not. As long as anyone is happy - i am happy :)

Back to topic:

On every song and every genre the Prelude really performs super good!
I dont feel like I need another IEM with another signature

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #113 of 220
Great to hear you are doing well! :)

Ah, never heard the Linum so I couldn't say how that compares to Ares II. And yes, most important is to enjoy what you have and not worry to much about everything else. This stuff is far too addictive as it is. :wink:

That said, keeping an eye out for Warbler's universal masterpiece. :D

Nov 11, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #115 of 220
Yes, one word. Prelude is truly amazing. Especially with new 1A/ 1Z version 2.00

I use with Alo Ref8 cable and modded 1Z. The echoes are amazing. It goes on and on and on and on...

Prelude is truly special. Amazing considering it's only one BA driver. Perform above Andromeda or Aether. This is definitely a keeper.

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #116 of 220
I‘m fine, thanks sir :)

Breaking it down to a genre is impossible. I did test with the following songs:

Blanche - City lights
Agnes Obel - familiar
Mark Knopfler - Kingdom of Gold
Dire straits - Money for nothing
Dire straits - water of love
Black Sabbath - war pigs
Leonard Cohen - On the level
Louis Armstrong - what a wonderful world
Max richter - on the nature of daylight
Miles Davis - so what
Queen - it‘s a hard life
Stevie wonder - superstition
Stone sour - reborn
Linkin park - mark the graves

I was alone, focused on the music without any side noise.

Cables were:

Stock linum cable
Effect Audio Ares II

May some hear a difference or not. As long as anyone is happy - i am happy :)

Back to topic:

On every song and every genre the Prelude really performs super good!
I dont feel like I need another IEM with another signature

Cables are finnicky creatures. I think it takes a lot of familiarity with the music, source, IEM, etc., as well as diverse testing conditions (critical listening, casual on-the-go listening), and a crazy amount of experience to truly get an idea of how they affect the listening experience. Agreed though, the Prelude is an absolute beauty with organic music; spectacular!

Yes, one word. Prelude is truly amazing. Especially with new 1A/ 1Z version 2.00

I use with Alo Ref8 cable and modded 1Z. The echoes are amazing. It goes on and on and on and on...

Prelude is truly special. Amazing considering it's only one BA driver. Perform above Andromeda or Aether. This is definitely a keeper.

Agreed bud! The Prelude is heart-and-soul first, but behind it is admirable technical performance. It's truly an undercover maestro. :D

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #117 of 220
Once I have to focus so massivly on my music there won‘t be enough time to enjoy it beside anymore :p

I am very curious how warbler as company will evolve over time

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #118 of 220
Once I have to focus so massivly on my music there won‘t be enough time to enjoy it beside anymore :p

I am very curious how warbler as company will evolve over time

I wholeheartedly agree. But, to that end, the purpose of finding a great cable (to me) is to make enjoying music easier, and make getting distracted by an IEM's shortcomings more difficult. But, if you can do that already with a stock cable, then there's no point. :)

I share your second sentiment too. Their unique philosophy will inherently drive them towards creating more unique products as their experience and capitol grows. If the Prelude is any indication, I'd bet their future work will be instant classics at least. :D

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #119 of 220
I am just afraid that in a trade sector like hifi a honest company with a solid product gets under the wheels too easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back