want some suggestion of customs :D
Sep 13, 2010 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Long01

New Head-Fier
I've using my UM3X n Image X10 for years (Un-amped) and now looking for a custom :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

i of course would prefer the customs deliver sound that close to both the IEMs I used to own. which are very NEUTRAL and SMOOTH and VERY VERY LESS COLORING especially in the X10 where the single drive blends all the high mid low together flawlessly :D

more than that i would like to have extreme clarity too which i will use this custom for mixing purpose some of the time. But from what i read (reviews, articles etc). It seems that more clarity could only be achieved by using more drives. however more drives (more than 3) may need an amp to boost up the power. If thats true I would better get a 3 drives custom since portability is another big issue for me too.

I google for custom earphones and come up with brands like "Future Sonics", JH, UE, "Fidelity" , "InEarz"  and I can't really see how much they differentiate from each other. So maybe anyone can help me out from this? Budget is not really the BIGGEST problem but I really hate to spend a whole lot of cash into something that i dont like or end up on ebay with a 50% off label..... Any input are welcome!!! 

p.s. I am using an iPod 160GB currently (With NO AMP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back