Want a Chance to Invest in a Headphone Manufacturer?
May 29, 2020 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 132

mrspeakers

Sponsor: Dan Clark Audio (Formerly MrSpeakers)
Hey friends! We just launched an equity crowdfunding campaign (this is an SEC regulated vehicle for ownership in the company, it's not a product style crowdfunding). If you've ever wanted to directly invest in and support a small company with products you believe in, here's your chance.

There are some time-based incentives as well as investment level. To learn more, click on the image or click here.

social invest image.jpeg

We can't answer any questions about the terms of the offer except on the offer page to comply with SEC rules, you can ask questions like that on the site but we can't answer them here.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 29, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 132
Wow, is the company that desperate to raise $1 million with all the PPP loans/grant the company would likely be eligible. I am guessing the company has exhausted all traditional loan and SBA loan options. Not a good sign if you ask me.

Also the above post and that title are cringeworthy!

@jude, PM me if you have questions.

edit (adding disclaimer for compliance purposes): I am not offering financial advice but only my personal opinion. Investors may take further aspects and their own due diligence into consideration before making a decision.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #4 of 132
I like me some Mr. Speakers/DCA, but I don’t get this. There’s nothing to say investors ever get a dividend, and there’s no market for the shares, so there’s no likelihood of money from selling the shares.
Exactly. DCA would be better off finding some angels or go on Shark Tank.

edit (adding disclaimer for compliance purposes): I am not offering financial advice but only my personal opinion. Investors may take further aspects and their own due diligence into consideration before making a decision.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #7 of 132
Exactly. DCA would be better off finding some angels or go on Shark Tank.

It would not be difficult for DCA to pitch Audio Products in Shark Tank. The biggest problem would be appealing to mainstream audiences (since the cheapest product is a pair of mildly difficult to drive Open back headphones, that is, the Drop x DCA Aeon X at $499), though if I were, to be honest, it should not be difficult to make a $299 pair of wired, easy to drive Planar headphones to appeal to the general public. With a mainstream tuning (unlike their bass-lite higher-end options) and a foldable design. Essentially, make a Planar version of a V MODA M-200 with a microphone and a mainstream tuning as to appeal to the ever-hungry sharks at the shark tank. The advertising opportunity alone would skyrocket sales from the company and pump new blood into the hobby- especially taking in account that the expectations at that price aren't really high ($400 Bose are slayed by $15 KSC-75s and I doubt DCAs could be worse than old Koss's Titanium-lined champion).

May 29, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 132
I honestly just want to see Dan on Shark Tank. I think Mark would pass, Lori would ask for 49% of the company for $1mil and get Dan on QVC, and Mr Wonderful would come with a combo of debt and equity deal with tiered disbursements based on KPI.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #10 of 132
I really don’t know what the upside/ROI is with this. They may as well just be asking for donations.

May 29, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #12 of 132
Donation is a fantastic idea.

Dan, we know you need money and your business tanked due to Wuhan virus. I bet if you come here with hat in hand and ask members to help the company survive, you would get a lot of encouragement, global donor base (your Reg CF offering is US only) and may be enough donation to tie you over. Once you are back to normal, go and create a headfi special edition phones and give members here a chance to buy something cool (note, don’t be a dick and charge 4x your cost; 2x is cool though)

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 1:14 AM Post #15 of 132
$7.5M valuation on $2M of sales? Good luck with that.
Yeah, take a look at the financials in their Form C...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back