Want a Chance to Invest in a Headphone Manufacturer?
May 30, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #16 of 132
Hardly any benefits for investing. 15% discount even after investing $20,000 and not more? No thanks

May 30, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #18 of 132
To anyone reading this thread... this is a terrible investment.
$10k usb cable is a terrible investment. Donating money to keep DCA afloat is a much better use of capital.

edit (adding disclaimer for compliance purposes): I am not offering financial advice but only my personal opinion. Investors may take further aspects and their own due diligence into consideration before making a decision.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #19 of 132
$10k usb cable is a terrible investment. Donating money to keep DCA afloat is a much better use of capital.
But my 0s and 1s. I want my 0s to sound more like 0s and 1s to sound more like 1s. Will DCA do that, yea I didn't think so.

Edit: Seriously though, would love to have ownership in a headphone company someday, maybe now.....hmm....

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #20 of 132
Geez you guys. Okay, this doesn't work for all of you. Which is fine. But I'm going to dissent from the naysayer views.

We're getting a chance to own shares in a little niche company with great products and proprietary tech that enables those great products. The company's run by someone who's managed to build those great products and tech starting organically from very little capital. DCA's expanding from the audiophile niche into a larger gamer niche, with what seems to be some success*.
  • If you don't like the illiquidity of the shares and don't foresee future liquidity, don't invest.
  • If you don't like a 4:1 valuation against sales, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the products or underlying tech are monetizeable into larger sectors than those DCA occupy right now, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the products or tech are good enough or distinctive enough to capture some share in those larger sectors, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the company's management is capable of driving that sort of expansion, don't invest.
But for some of us DCA ticks enough boxes to put some money in. And personally I like to bet on great products and it gives me happiness when that coincides with the kind of founder Dan is.

(Besides, if Dan didn't offer something like this and relied solely on other capital markets, wouldn't there be a "he got a taste of success and now he's abandoning his roots! How dare he?" backlash? I think there would.)

*I'm taking expansion of Hel Yeah from AFO-only to AFC-by-popular-demand-we-figured-out-a-way-to-do-it-in-budget to AFO/AFC-RT as proxy for "this is working out well for us so we're doubling down." Your interpretation may vary of course.

May 30, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #21 of 132
Geez you guys. Okay, this doesn't work for all of you. Which is fine. But I'm going to dissent from the naysayer views.

We're getting a chance to own shares in a little niche company with great products and proprietary tech that enables those great products. The company's run by someone who's managed to build those great products and tech starting organically from very little capital. DCA's expanding from the audiophile niche into a larger gamer niche, with what seems to be some success*.
  • If you don't like the illiquidity of the shares and don't foresee future liquidity, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the products or underlying tech are monetizeable into larger sectors than those DCA occupy right now, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the products or tech are good enough or distinctive enough to capture some share in those larger sectors, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the company's management is capable of driving that sort of expansion, don't invest.
But for some of us DCA ticks enough boxes to put some money in. And personally I like to bet on great products and it gives me happiness when that coincides with the kind of founder Dan is.

(Besides, if Dan didn't offer something like this and relied solely on other capital markets, wouldn't there be a "he got a taste of success and now he's abandoning his roots! How dare he?" backlash? I think there would.)

*I'm taking expansion of Hel Yeah from AFO-only to AFC-by-popular-demand-we-figured-out-a-way-to-do-it-in-budget to AFO/AFC-RT as proxy for "this is working out well for us so we're doubling down." Your interpretation may vary of course.
No professional is going to even look at a low margin niche consumer luxury electronics company in a Covid19 world.

edit (adding disclaimer for compliance purposes): I am not offering financial advice but only my personal opinion. Investors may take further aspects and their own due diligence into consideration before making a decision.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #22 of 132
Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #23 of 132
Ah, this is the "hope for an IPO or a good sell to another company" kind of investment. I'd do it if I had more cash to spare in any case.

May 30, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #24 of 132
More info on this..? Asking for a friend. 🙄
Nothing beyond that the Hel Yeah bundle is gamer-friendly and is called a gaming bundle In three of the links on DCA’s press page. I wouldn’t call that 100% dispositive, but it creates a perception they’re encouraging the gamer market that I don’t see DCA doing anything to discourage. YMMV of course.

May 30, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #25 of 132
Why do people spend $10k+ headphones/amps, and use streaming services. You OWN your headphones but RENT your music. You have the newest iPhones, but can't spare $10-$15 for the DIGITAL/CD ?

This got me 🤣

May 30, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #26 of 132
This "investment opportunity" gave me a good laugh.

Are all those 10 current investors members of the company? Might very well be...
Annotation 2020-05-30 160615.png

May 30, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #27 of 132
Why do people spend $10k+ headphones/amps, and use streaming services. You OWN your headphones but RENT your music. You have the newest iPhones, but can't spare $10-$15 for the DIGITAL/CD ?
Many of us, me included, buy vinyl and also stream. If a record is really good and is going to get a lot of play, I buy the vinyl. That (and buying other merch) direct from a band/artist website is a great way to support and IMO a more durable and lasting purchase than digital or CD.

May 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #28 of 132

Well said. And the others can obviously state their opinions without being aholes about it.

May 30, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #29 of 132
"In addition, we recently launched an OEM design business and our first major partner (a large consumer electronics company) will be coming online in mid-2020."

What's up with this? Wouldn't this degrade the brand?

May 30, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #30 of 132
"In addition, we recently launched an OEM design business and our first major partner (a large consumer electronics company) will be coming online in mid-2020."

What's up with this? Wouldn't this degrade the brand?
If they are the OEM and are designing for other companies under white label, then this could have no impact on brand and create new source of revenue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back