Want a Chance to Invest in a Headphone Manufacturer?
May 30, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #63 of 132
Not really enough data to go on. Then again I loathe I was too young to invest in Nvidia and Apple when they were cheap.

haha there will be more opportunities...I bought crapload of nvidia stock back in the day at 11$ it is serving me well, but no worries there will be more opportunities.

May 30, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #64 of 132
Not really enough data to go on. Then again I loathe I was too young to invest in Nvidia and Apple when they were cheap.
NVDA is not too expensive. They are still an infant company, it's just not evident yet. Cloud gaming (enabled by faster internet) and self-driving cars will drive then higher.
People said all the same things about missing out on AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, MSFT just 4 years ago and all of those stocks are 2-3x now vs their 2016 prices.
A good company is just a good company. Don't dwell too much on the current price, it can be dangerous. There are some exceptions to this, but for the most part, it's true.

May 30, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #65 of 132
Let's stop calling things 'absurd' or 'rubbish' in either direction. That really doesn't help anything or anyone, whether you agree with this program or not.

Those interested in this potential investment certainly have a right to question what their upside potential may be, as that can help determine how much or how little they may be willing to put in, based on the risk. Short that information, this cannot not really be considered an investment, but rather just helping out the company with a donation.
The poster was implying that investing in DCA would potentially bankrupt people on Head-Fi. Since you can invest as little as $238, I find that argument absurd. I suppose I could have used a less confrontational term like, "illogical", but give me a break.

To compare this investment to one in Apple today is misleading at best and criminal at worst. That is an insane comparison.
I was just trying to provide some context - so apologies if this was misleading. This is a much much riskier investment than buying a single share of Apple, and nobody should invest in this offering unless they can afford to lose 100% of their investment, and they should not expect ANY returns on their investment for several years, or longer. This is all detailed in the Form C, which anyone deciding to invest should read. An earlier post linked to it but I'll link to it again:
Form C

I suppose you could argue criminality if I had access to material, non-public information & was trying to influence others to invest based on that information. But I don't...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #66 of 132
Then they simply shouldn’t invest. Don’t spend what
The poster was implying that investing in DCA would potentially bankrupt people on Head-Fi. Since you can invest as little as $238, I find that argument absurd. I suppose I could have used a less confrontational term like, "illogical", but give me a break.
I did not say or imply that. Read my post again.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #67 of 132
Per DCA email, raising funds for new iem with new technology. Definitely interested in that!

So why are we raising funds now, of all times?
Raising capital will allow us to accelerate new product plans with some exciting things with the potential to really expand our business:
Our first in-ear-monitor (IEM), adding a whole new category to our product line and using technology from our first IEM patent filing
An additional product in an all-new category

The video on the site shows a quick image of the IEM patent. Looks like a planar IEM with waveguides. Pretty cool.

May 30, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #68 of 132
Geez you guys. Okay, this doesn't work for all of you. Which is fine. But I'm going to dissent from the naysayer views.

We're getting a chance to own shares in a little niche company with great products and proprietary tech that enables those great products. The company's run by someone who's managed to build those great products and tech starting organically from very little capital. DCA's expanding from the audiophile niche into a larger gamer niche, with what seems to be some success*.
  • If you don't like the illiquidity of the shares and don't foresee future liquidity, don't invest.
  • If you don't like a 4:1 valuation against sales, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the products or underlying tech are monetizeable into larger sectors than those DCA occupy right now, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the products or tech are good enough or distinctive enough to capture some share in those larger sectors, don't invest.
  • If you don't think the company's management is capable of driving that sort of expansion, don't invest.
But for some of us DCA ticks enough boxes to put some money in. And personally I like to bet on great products and it gives me happiness when that coincides with the kind of founder Dan is.

(Besides, if Dan didn't offer something like this and relied solely on other capital markets, wouldn't there be a "he got a taste of success and now he's abandoning his roots! How dare he?" backlash? I think there would.)

*I'm taking expansion of Hel Yeah from AFO-only to AFC-by-popular-demand-we-figured-out-a-way-to-do-it-in-budget to AFO/AFC-RT as proxy for "this is working out well for us so we're doubling down." Your interpretation may vary of course.

I would give it a second thought ( Might I add, as a gesture of good will, not that I bet on it giving any profit in returns) if this was back in the area of Mrspeakers Alpha Prime and Ether C...but with the recent product he puts out...No...actually more like a hell no. The company hurting for money further confirmed my thoughts on their recent product, Mrspeakers or DCA, whatever you want to call it, in their quest to make good audio product has turn to "pump out new products" to make money, they have lost their ways.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #69 of 132
Absurd. You can invest as little as $238 in this offering. That's less than a single share of Apple. The risks are clearly articulated on the website with the first sentence as "A crowdfunding investment involves risk. You should not invest any funds in this offering unless you can afford to lose your entire investment."

.....what? I hope you are trolling....

May 31, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #71 of 132
I don’t think it’s fair to say people are toxic. Also, do you honestly think headfi community comprises the kind of folks (save those who are MA lawyers, IBD bankers and investment professionals, and reasonably successful business owners) who can fend for themselves if their investments fail?
I think this is a horrible precedent for headfi and opens the flood gate for others to do the same... - peddle investment opportunities on headfi
I can understand the precedent you're referring to. I also don't want other companies using this as a pedal stool for future business opportunites moving forward.

But hey, this is head-fi, it's still run by sponsors and such so I doubt the admins would do anything if another sponsor starts doing the same. As much as we hate people getting hit hard with a failed investment, that's just how business works around here.

Thank you for your comment though. As much as I would like a community that is really open and free from such opportunistic attempts, at the end of the day, this is still a site run by business. :shrug:

May 31, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #73 of 132
NVDA is not too expensive. They are still an infant company, it's just not evident yet. Cloud gaming (enabled by faster internet) and self-driving cars will drive then higher.
People said all the same things about missing out on AAPL, GOOGL, AMZN, MSFT just 4 years ago and all of those stocks are 2-3x now vs their 2016 prices.
A good company is just a good company. Don't dwell too much on the current price, it can be dangerous. There are some exceptions to this, but for the most part, it's true.

I don't get how NVDIA is an infant company when they have been making gpu's for more than decade now.

May 31, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #74 of 132
Maybe this was just a social experiment to see how naive and stupid us Head-Fiers are.
And the data collected, shared with vendors that are looking to price their next flagship IEMs, Cables, and AKs new DAP?

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #75 of 132
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back