Wanna improve SQ of my "Clip+/Senn HD 25-CII" portable rig...
Oct 10, 2010 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

casioa5302ca

100+ Head-Fier
Well guys,

I need something portable /amp, DAC, amp/DAC combo, uDAC or whatever/, to get much more than right now in SQ of my rockboxed Clip+ with HD25-C II, let say somewhere around 100 € / 150 USD +/-.
So, show me what you got boys.

Thanks for any (constructive) ideas, especially from those of you (but of course, any of you feel free to post), which have Clip+ or some of HD25´s.
popcorn.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 13
bump

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #3 of 13
Well guys, nobody?
confused_face_2.gif

Oct 15, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
I've used the clip+ with the hd 25-1 II and amping is not necessary. At least with an amp at your budget, you wouldn't be able to "get much more" than what you currently have. If anything, I would prefer to not amp the HO unless you need more volume.

Thanks for reply, at first. If I increase my budget, let´s say to 200€ /280USD +/- ? If It may help to make some perceptible increase of SQ ...I will go for It. But no, I don´t need more volume, It´s sounds pretty enough loud for me....so I am thinking only about SQ issue.

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, after hours of searching @ web, I received advice from one member from here, Bína. He point me to the CORDA HEADSIX (black).
And hell yeah, I send my order to Jan, I paid by Paypal and now I am waiting
ksc75smile.gif

thx Bína
wink_face.gif

Oct 20, 2010 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
get a balanced portable amp and recable your Senns. that should definitely improve the SQ

define what does it mean..."a balancede portable amp" ? and also try to give me some examples, thanks.
if I ´ll be not satisfied with CORDA HEADSIX, I´ll try another shoot.

Oct 20, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #9 of 13
I'm sure adding most amps to the chain will improve the SQ no question. In terms of balanced portable amps, you have the options of RSA Protector or the iBasso PB1. Balanced drive allows for, imo, a much cleaner signal which will let more micro details become apparent. Go to Headroom and read about it. You'll need to recable your headphone though, because each channel needs an independent return conductor.

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 13
Well, for now CORDA HEADSIX is my answer (could arrived next week, though), will see what´s next, but If I´ll be satisfied, than nothing.
@ recabling - i don´t think that is so necessary for these phones (HD25-CII)...I decide to get better SQ directly by phones...i try some better ones....I am satisfied with HD25-CII directly the way they are
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #11 of 13
I received IT (CORDA HEADSIX black) this Thursday and even after very brief listening (10 hours or so) I am really satisfied.
Great details, especially voices, faster sound....it´s really improvement that I was looking for.

So again, thanks to Bína´s recommendation and of course thanks a lot, MISTER Jan Meier
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #13 of 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back