Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 23, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #1,561 of 3,631

OPAMP GIVEAWAY

USA posters only please & 1 per poster

I have a couple opamps I tried and don't want anymore. I will put some in plain stamped envelopes on little foam squares and send them out for free. all you have to do is PM me which order you want them in from most to least.

OPA2228PA
OPA2134PA
AD712 on DIP adapter
AD823 on DIP adapter

This post will be edited out when all are claimed

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #1,562 of 3,631
very generous of you vapman.
Big thumbs up.

Did you at least keep brief notes?
Or is it just a "get off the stage" like the old Gong Show on tv?

Curious on the 2132P, should be similar to your 2134.
Not tried the 2132P 's I have here yet.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #1,563 of 3,631
  Anyone know which is better sounding , Elna Cerafine black/gold or Elna Robe Silmic II(2nd gen) purple/red colour for signal path or any suggestions.

The black/gold being the newer model.
I can't recall exactly but I think TRANCE had a post about the differences ( maybe ), which may be very slight.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #1,564 of 3,631
  very generous of you vapman.
Big thumbs up.

Did you at least keep brief notes?
Or is it just a "get off the stage" like the old Gong Show on tv?

Curious on the 2132P, should be similar to your 2134.
Not tried the 2132P 's I have here yet.

I did take notes on each :thumbsup:
I paid for them so I made sure to get my moneys worth by at least making sure I wouldn't have to revisit them  haha.

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #1,565 of 3,631
^ and that doesn't mean that someone else might not enjoy that exact sound either

=so people get on it an offer like that won't last long
beerchug.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #1,566 of 3,631
My walnut FINALLY arrived today. The box included the walnut and a usb cable. The walnut seems to be made well. No connector issues or weird noises or anything.

Only 3-4 hours of burn-in so far. It's still early, but it sounds nice... lively. The noise floor has quieted down already, so that's a promising development. Comparing to my mid-level Yamaha 2-channel gear, the walnut is pretty dark sounding. Highs are noticeably more extended and detailed through the home hi-fi. We'll see how the sound signature evolves after more burn.

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #1,568 of 3,631
  Anyone know which is better sounding , Elna Cerafine black/gold or Elna Robe Silmic II(2nd gen) purple/red colour for signal path or any suggestions.

I would stick with silmic II personally. Also the Japan made silmic II are actually brown/white, the silmic II in Walnut are black/gold or purple depending on batch.

The black/gold Silmic II are made in Thailand, not sure on the purple, but I know the purple silmic II are smaller in size and rated lower in ripple current at each uF/V (bad thing for resolution, but has a warmer sound).

So naturally my preference in sound for the Silmic II in descending order is brown/white > black/gold > purple.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #1,569 of 3,631
It would be interesting to hear someone put OPA2227 in?

The chip for some reason ends up being contraversal with some liking it and some not.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,570 of 3,631
It would be interesting to hear someone put OPA2227 in?

The chip for some reason ends up being contraversal with some liking it and some not.

I have heard it described as a more refined overall OPA2134. Can't say for sure either way. 2134 was too bass light for my tastes anyway. funny cause some guys describe the 2134 as bass bloated. on what universe?!

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #1,571 of 3,631
I have heard it described as a more refined overall OPA2134. Can't say for sure either way. 2134 was too bass light for my tastes anyway. funny cause some guys describe the 2134 as bass bloated. on what universe?!

I'm enjoying it in my JDS c421 where it was offered optional.

Same reviews where some call it warm and others cold and detailed.

This confusion only means we must try it. It will be the first operational amp chip I buy.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #1,572 of 3,631

I would stick with silmic II personally. Also the Japan made silmic II are actually brown/white, the silmic II in Walnut are black/gold or purple depending on batch.

The black/gold Silmic II are made in Thailand, not sure on the purple, but I know the purple silmic II are smaller in size and rated lower in ripple current at each uF/V (bad thing for resolution, but has a warmer sound).

So naturally my preference in sound for the Silmic II in descending order is brown/white > black/gold > purple.

my bad there I thought  their post was asking about the Cerafines only ( reds vs newer blacks ). I need to read more carefully

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,574 of 3,631
Been rocking out with the original VE Zen paired with the Walnut lately and it's a great combination

I'm still using the Burson V5i in my Walnut and like it a lot. Will shift back to the stock op amp soon now and see how I feel about it.

Cool! I can't wait to try that combo myself.

My first Walnut got trapped in Taobao non-English shipping agent hell, but I somehow managed to get it shipped back to the seller and get a refund. 

I ordered my 2nd Walnut off of ebay (like I should have done in the 1st place), and fortunately it just barely escaped China before the new year festivities got fully under way. So only 1 more month wait lol!

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #1,575 of 3,631
I've never had any experienced about opamp rolling before. So I tried to look some opamp on our broken stereo receiver and CD player. I found one its JRC4458, de-solder it and installed on walnut and it sounds identical to the walnut's stock opamp but with more bass punch. Any thoughts of this opamp I found?

THANKYOU for posting about this opamp. A big thumbs up.

( JRC4558D )

Love it so far.
Absolutely gorgeous sounding.

OH WAIT I got a 4558 not a 4458 like you have =wow. Crazy.

Now I need to look at some spec sheets see how close they are I suppose. For kicks.

I guess mistakes happen for a reason sometimes.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back