1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
Next

Last
  1. LaughMoreDaily
    CKLEWIS no longer has the Walnut v2 on their website, it may be sold out permanently...

2. vapman
    No need to panic sir. we have confirmation there will be another batch made after factories re-open after chinese new year! they are probably preventing being flooded with preorders this way...

3. Ruben123
    What didn't seem as a problem now bothers me. The sub bass is really lacking, and makes Bach's organ music to sound really artificial. Those low organ notes need to be thunderous, but miss any impact with the walnut. Not so with the Clip.

4. Charliemotta
    Is there a case for the Walnut anywhere yet?    [​IMG]

5. ER4S
    What about synergy with ER4S? Have you ever tried with it?

6. vapman

It has a high enough output resistance to also act as a ER4P to ER4S converter. Can't seem to find any info on how the BA responds to an output impedance of 75-100 ohms itself. I haven't had any Etymotics for a while sadly except the ER4XR.

Reuben, it's okay that you don't like yours. There are a bunch of people here who would buy one with the factories being closed for holiday and all.

7. flamesofarctica

Did you ever manage to work out if your Walnut was faulty?

I seem to remember yours didn't seem to have the same power others were describing, even with quite easy to drive earbuds like the Monk, certainly not with other headphones, and a few possible theories were put forward with problem with the earphone socket or volume knob (whatever the technical word is!)

8. vapman
    Btw just wanted to point out that I'm enjoying the Xduoo X3 infinitely more than ever before because the massive 4w RMS output makes headphones sound lively as the Parasound Zamp (unless you bypass the Zamp headphone resistors...)

I was never this happy with mojo. An x3 and a combo DAP and improved CMOY. Who woulda thunk it.

0125171703.jpg

Yes with the right EQ settings and headphones i am confident you could do a bass paper test on this setup.

9. kfarndog
    Honestly, the Walnut's synergy with BA IEMs just isn't up to the same level as it is with dynamics.  I didn't care for my Etys with the Walnut, and that is one of the few sources I have ever said that about.

10. nocchi
    I enjoyed the synergy of walnut and CA Nova.

11. Ruben123

It seems ok. I guess most of you use sensitive earphones and don't listen to quietly mastered music, those two added doesn't seem to work really well. In my case then lol
    And why should it be broken? The measurements show a huge bass roll off past 50hz or so, so one shouldn't expect to hear the lowest frequencies of course :)

12. endia
    finally i could find enough time to mod my walnut;

here is my first mod;
    changed chinese power supply cap to panasonic NHG 1000uF 25V (upper right corner)..
    it's about 5 mm taller than stock one, so i had to put it over micro usb socket..

i did take some random notes while listening;
    bigger soundstage
    better instrument separation and positioning
    increased resolution, micro details
    more natural timbre, especially texture on tremolos and vibratos are impressive..

next, will try to change potentiemeter to an alps rk097 type..

IMG_20170126_001022s.jpg

IMG_20170126_004403s.jpg

iano, nick n and vapman like this.
  13. vapman
    Awesome man! does it fit in the case?

14. endia
    yep, no problem!

15. vapman
    very awesome, hopefully the usb port doesn't get too hot during charging ever  [​IMG]

First

Back
96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105
107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
Next

Last