Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 14, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #1,381 of 3,631
Battery life is only 19 hrs at best, and thats leaving it on a 2Amp iPod charger for 3.5hrs. If I stop charging when Walnut led change color, then it's only 12hrs

And noise floor is worse than my Fiio E11, and Left channel is a humming noise, right channel is a bee buzzing noise. I don't notice it when music is playing at my normal level, but at that volume, I notice bass roll off and veiled treble. So it's either noise floor or roll off at both ends. Not acceptable yo...

Well the walnut does roll off on both sides. And depending on your earphones you might hear more or less noise. Completely normal

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #1,387 of 3,631
  about 1/3 of the way there for a few mods on some units, waiting at the mailbox, waiting...
ph34r.gif

Starting to think I am crazy
popcorn.gif

Wow! It seems you're gonna make a completely different player! Maybe the walnut v3.. ? 
biggrin.gif

anyway it'd be amazing if you apply some of this mods to the zishan -but I guess it's not as easy as with the walnut because the lack of space-

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,388 of 3,631

Wow! It seems you're gonna make a completely different player! Maybe the walnut v3.. ? 
biggrin.gif

anyway it'd be amazing if you apply some of this mods to the zishan -but I guess it's not as easy as with the walnut because the lack of space-

Plus all caps and stuff on walnut are through hole, so nice and easy to work on. not like SMD....

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #1,391 of 3,631
i have it in my cart but when i check it still says out of stock tho..
Similar but different when I tried - it says unable to add to cart, please refresh.. then if I try to refresh, opens the item (unavailable) in the app. No sign of CKLewis when I search on 'DIY MP3', and no sign of walnut if I order CKLewis all items by price.

I don't need to place another order as such, it's just an order I have with another seller (for a friend as he didn't want to use Ali himself!) seems to have stalled so I was guessing stock issues, and I was hoping that a restock had appeared :-D

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #1,392 of 3,631

Hey guys i tried the 860 it was good but it gave the player an irritating floor noise. I changed to AD823, the bass  wasnt as tight and have a slight decay, BUT SILENT background noise :D amazing! Using with AAW A1D :)

To add: no more popping sound when turning on and off :D

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,393 of 3,631
Similar but different when I tried - it says unable to add to cart, please refresh.. then if I try to refresh, opens the item (unavailable) in the app. No sign of CKLewis when I search on 'DIY MP3', and no sign of walnut if I order CKLewis all items by price.

I don't need to place another order as such, it's just an order I have with another seller (for a friend as he didn't want to use Ali himself!) seems to have stalled so I was guessing stock issues, and I was hoping that a restock had appeared :-D

Yeah, it doesn't look like Lewis is selling it anymore... but, if you search for the Walnut on Aliexpress, you will find it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back