1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
Next

Last
  1. vapman
    I just checked. The walnut is in fact out of stock at cklewis again. I messaged them about it and they already sold out of all the units they got in. This player just hardly keeps up with demand. I am having flashbacks to the PlayStation 2 launch fiasco!

I hope anyone who didn't get one yet grabbed one from cklewis while the item was still stocked.

I would expect this to happen a couple more times though so if you don't have one yet. Check often and when its back grab that player!

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  2. vapman

Argh! I have a 823 on the way.... Too bad. Guess i already know it wont get much use

3. nick n

Likewise.
     I can always find another use for those.

4. bzfrank
    Sūnzǐ said:  If you know your amps and you know your music preference you will not go wrong in a thousand rolls.

So there is nothing wrong with a small amp collection. [​IMG]

BTW I just ordered the AD845KN...

5. rendyG

I´m expecting my walnut to come in one week or so, I have one question.
    Assuming i will like the sound and power of this little thing, is there a possibility to make it a "desktop amp" by plugging it into the wall?
    I would like to power my modded t50rp mk3´s but I think it is not good idea to drain and charge the battery every day..
    What do you think?

6. vapman
    Open it up, disconnect the battery, you have a + and a - pin which expects 3.7vdc. Give it the amount of power it expects and it'll work perfectly fine. You could get a transformer to put out the right voltage and mount the pcb in a bigger case, or drill in a DC jack and use a DC power supply? 

7. T.R.A.N.C.E.

That's a single channel opamp, it won't work in walnut!

And AD845 doesn't come in SOIC-8 either, so can't even get a dual to mono adapter version.

8. oyster
    The Walnut is no giant killer. It sounds appropriate to the price, nothing more. In general I would describe it as powerful and clean but raw/unrefined sound. Midrange is awful.
    Build is good and so is the feature set.
    Compared to the $80 Hidiz AP60, Walnut holds no chance. AP60 is way more resolving and refined.

9. bzfrank
    It will, using a dual-to-mono adapter PCB (and some soldering to keep things flat).

10. LaughMoreDaily
    Serious? That sounds depressing. Out of the Fiio 1II, Shanming M1 and the AP60, one review said the AP60 had the worst sound, and if this thing sounds worse... :frowning2: Why are people going Bananas over it? Weird.

11. Saoshyant

It is but one opinion, and it is impossible to please everyone.

12. Ruben123

The midrange is the only place the walnut didn't roll off lol (not ROFL). But perhaps the high impedance screws up the frequency response of your headphones.

13. peter123

Yeah, one negative comment of course mean more than all the good ones.

Nothing is for everyone and that will of course apply to the Walnut as well....

People also need to understand the strength and weaknesses of the Walnut and use it accordingly.

14. flamesofarctica

Could just be what earphones etc. Sounds fantastic through all the earbuds I've tried it with though, I'd say it excels at mids.

TBH I don't agree with poor reviews of the AP60 either. The review I read mentioned a noticeable hiss, and I've heard none whatsoever, at low or high volumes, nothing.

15. LaughMoreDaily
    Don't worry, I don't think one review is like reading the Bible. I just mentioned it. But it has to have some range of truth.

First

Back
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104
Next

Last