Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 17, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #1,456 of 3,631

Superb, keep testing all opamps and create a comprehensive list for us.

You will wait for everybody's opamp lists to find you hate everyone's suggestions! 
biggrin.gif

Lol, No... i am too lazy to test all opamps, so i will buy only 2/3 opamps after looking at your list :)

Jan 17, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,457 of 3,631
  I saw those 8 pin soic op amps on 8 pins Pdip sockets, you bought those soldered or you DIY. Where do you get them, can you give us a link.

So you are after just the pcb with pin module to DIY the SOIC8 opamp youself? I got mine from ibasso ages ago to DIY a few SOIC8 opamps, but they can be found on ebay in disassembled form. Mainly I only DIY the expensive opamps like AD8620BRZ which I buy from official outlets because I don't want to take a chance with fakes on ebay or aliexpress. But for cheaper opamps I can't be bothered to DIY and just buy them ready made from ebay etc because the chance for fakes is lower.

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #1,459 of 3,631
$300 on EBay!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-POWER-Walnut-V2-hifi-fever-MP3-player-lossless-master-class-/272386301194

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:16 AM Post #1,461 of 3,631
Don't buy from him.Is same seller i had problems with my Zishan and was a pain to get my funds back.

It says $30 in one place then $300?

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive and checking where else to get them.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,462 of 3,631
Yes the expensive version is the limited edition Cryogenically treated model.
Sound quality is through the roof, now beyond comprehension.

^ joking of course.
Pretty sure it is just a placeholder price so people slow down on orders, same thing as you see the odd time on Amazon. That way they don't have to relist the auction.
 I've bought lots from that seller, including Walnuts and upgraded Zishan ( other stuff also ) no issues yet, your mileage may vary.

Jan 17, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #1,463 of 3,631
Got mine yesterday. Listened it with Superlux 668b. No WOW effect at all. Then tried it as an amp for Hidizs AP60, same files, same headphones. Second variant sounds much better, bass more punchy, highs more clear.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,464 of 3,631
I went to order one on ALi and they are showing out of stock now.

I can't find any on e-bay either, except the $300 one. 

I would like to order one, but not at inflated prices.

Jan 17, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #1,465 of 3,631
  I went to order one on ALi and they are showing out of stock now.

I can't find any on e-bay either, except the $300 one. 

I would like to order one, but not at inflated prices.

it is 300 cause it is out of stock, but maybe they have 1 or 2 for someone crazy really willing to pay 300.
By how fast it went out of stock again on Aliexpress after last time it came back in stock, i think they are just too popular.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #1,466 of 3,631
well the SD card that came with it can only play 4 song. I formated it several times to fat32 but still having this problem. I saw someone posting this same problem. is there a solution for this?

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #1,467 of 3,631
  Got mine yesterday. Listened it with Superlux 668b. No WOW effect at all. Then tried it as an amp for Hidizs AP60, same files, same headphones. Second variant sounds much better, bass more punchy, highs more clear.

It works better as an amp than a music player? :frowning2: I hope they didn't change how it works.

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,468 of 3,631
It works better as an amp than a music player? :frowning2: I hope they didn't change how it works.

Nothing changed so dont worry. There is nothing wrong with the internal player but as you will find you can feed it with a MUCH hotter input signal than most headphone amps can deal with and it does it spectacularly. But that does not mean it won't be everyone's cup of tea in player mode. I think it is exceptional obviously but that is for each listener to decide. Am i surprised some don't like it? Not at all. This is head fi we are talking about. But look at how many people stopped in to say it blew their minds vs the unimpressed.

Did you order one last time cklewis had some?

Jan 17, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #1,469 of 3,631
  Many of us are using lower impedance hp's and it sounds great, even if there is some FR interaction. Just grab some Koss Portapro's or KSC-75, all you need. 

I will be receiving these two headphones tomorrow, do they need to be burned-in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back