Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 16, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,441 of 3,631
There is no original packaging. It is up to the individual sellers how they wish to pack the unit up. Mine always came in cardboard  boxes in thin white foam wrapping.
My last one didn't include a 3.5 cable either but I'm not complaining, too many of those as it is here.
So that is fine yes. Original packaging never existed
bigsmile_face.gif

Maybe one of us could photoshop up a nice printable aftermarket box we can put on cardstock and fold up, just so we can all pretend.

EDIT:

Now I'm thinking about a nice Tshirt design. Something along the lines of the old Yamaha orthodynamic boxes.
Anyone feel like doing up a diagram like that>?maybe...

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #1,443 of 3,631
  There is no original packaging. It is up to the individual sellers how they wish to pack the unit up. Mine always came in cardboard  boxes in thin white foam wrapping.
My last one didn't include a 3.5 cable either but I'm not complaining, too many of those as it is here.
So that is fine yes. Original packaging never existed
bigsmile_face.gif

Maybe one of us could photoshop up a nice printable aftermarket box we can put on cardstock and fold up, just so we can all pretend.

EDIT:

Now I'm thinking about a nice Tshirt design. Something along the lines of the old Yamaha orthodynamic boxes.
Anyone feel like doing up a diagram like that>?maybe...

Good to know! Well I'm not expecting any expensive finely crafted Wood box. I thought it would come with some cheaply printed box packaging (like those Monk Plus earbuds)

On a side note, I collect stuff, so packaging means something to me.

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #1,444 of 3,631
Tried putting wav and mp3's with tags and album art on my other card, I didn't hear any static sound on my end.

This sounds cool, what card do u use and what is bitrate u use to convert flac files? 16/44,1 or another? After ~60 hours of burn in static sound is still here. Hope i will avoid that static sound too with not deleting tags and etc

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #1,446 of 3,631
one observation, I find the walnuts sound a bit shrill or scratchy when used as DAP but not that much when used as AMP for my pc connected to motherboard listening via CAL and monk+. it is used for 4/5 hours so far. has anyone has found something similar?

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #1,448 of 3,631
Do the song play very high pitched? Almost sounds like they're being fast forwarded, it might be because of tags. Try to use foobar to remove all the tags.

If the chinese music is playing pitched up and fast forwarded like that it MIGHT be a corrupted header and trying to play at a wrong sample rate. I do have WAVs backed up of the chinese music I got and iJay i think? has been giving the links to the music out too.

one observation, I find the walnuts sound a bit shrill or scratchy when used as DAP but not that much when used as AMP for my pc connected to motherboard listening via CAL and monk+. it is used for 4/5 hours so far. has anyone has found something similar?

I think the scratchy sound comes from the built in player IC

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #1,449 of 3,631
Any new Opamps update on Walnut ?

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #1,452 of 3,631
I tried OPA2228 today, very nice, easy upgrade over stock in treble, vocals (both female and male) and bass realism, my only complaint is upper mids where string instruments lie aren't quite as prominent as I'd like. Still OPA2228 is probably in my top 5 opamps for walnut (so far)... Still looking for that opamp that has everything in perfect harmony.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #1,453 of 3,631
  I tried OPA2228 today, very nice, easy upgrade over stock in treble, vocals (both female and male) and bass realism, my only complaint is upper mids where string instruments lie aren't quite as prominent as I'd like. Still OPA2228 is probably in my top 5 opamps for walnut (so far)... Still looking for that opamp that has everything in perfect harmony.

Superb, keep testing all opamps and create a comprehensive list for us.

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #1,454 of 3,631

I saw those 8 pin soic op amps on 8 pins Pdip sockets, you bought those soldered or you DIY. Where do you get them, can you give us a link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back