1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
Next

Last
  1. music4mhell
    I will love to see your review on Youtube :)

2. alizeofeniquito
    receive my walnut today. love it [​IMG]

3. bzfrank
    I got my Monitors Phonon SMB-02s ( http://www.head-fi.org/t/627930/phonon-smb-02-holy-grail ) back today and tried them on my amp-rolled Walnut, works well!

For the general sound signature I can attest the Walnut plays very musical, with pronounced bass in this setup. If you want something with a flat, neutral output you on the wrong flight. But its surely fun to listen.

No background hiss with AD825 btw also only a very low volume plop on ON and a strange, almost sci-fi sound (a bit like the Startrek 'Enterprise' automatic door? [​IMG] ) on OFF.

vapman likes this.
  4. nmatheis Contributor

Oh, man. I'm sold on Walnut now fo sho!!!

5. bzfrank
    Must be your Vulcan origin shining though! [​IMG]

6. nmatheis Contributor

Yeah, I'm ready to throw down with my Walnut!

giphy.gif

7. vapman
    For anyone who thinks the walnut might not have enough power in amp mode by itself (so, truly insane EQ wielding basshead only probably) I can't stop double stacking. Run a hot signal into it and it is more than happy to take a powerful signal in. You just get a more powerful signal out. Use that 4V RMS to the best of you abilities, crank down the pre gain on your EQ and boost that sub bass!! [​IMG]

8. Redcarmoose
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

My only available Walnut v2 here in Indonesia? The "racing stripe edition" haha?

Should be in my hands by next Monday? Hope it sounds the same? Lol.?

9. endia
    finally got my walnut! all i can say; "wow!" didn't expecting this much power! lots of juice for my diy 300 ohm earbuds.. thanks vapman!

IMG_20170116_142418s.jpg

10. akroy
    yup I also got the corrupted chinese songs. can anyone share those songs with me? curious to explore the songs

11. alizeofeniquito
    just lost my 8gb mmc a while ago. [​IMG]

12. Emerpeje
    Hey guys, newcomer on this thread as I got my Walnut V2 last Wednesday. I got some questions burning inside my head.

First, is it okay to charge Walnut using smartphone charger with 2A and 5V output? Or should I change the charger? I just don't want to ruin the battery [​IMG] .
    Second, what opamp that i need to try to replace the stock? My cans are Boarseman CX98 and KZ ZST(pretty cheap, huh? [​IMG]), and I want to reduce the high/sibilance on them and make the soundstage wider.

These are my questions, really appreciate any suggestions. Salam KereHore and thanks! [​IMG]

13. alizeofeniquito
    can you send us the link of walnut music? lost my 8gb mmc a while ago. lelz.

14. musicday
    Done it for you.Check your inbox :grin:

15. Byfrost
    Quick question..

I got my Walnut V2 today, as I ordered through a Taobao agent in Singapore, my set just came in a simple brown cardboard box, and my Walnut player is just simply wrapped in bubble wrap in the box.

I'm wondering if that is the appropriate packaging?

I'm curious if the purchasing agent actually repacked my Walnut player for me and disposed of any original packaging.

First

Back
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106
Next

Last