Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 4, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #965 of 3,631
Funny enough i received the Sony E808+ earbuds,order that I placed after the Wallnuts,so hopefully maybe tomorrow.
Vapman,are the E808+ original? On mine it says Japan,and i love the sound signature straight from the box, especially the tight bass,but i don't like the cable.
Is that hard to be replaced?

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #966 of 3,631
Funny enough i received the Sony E808+ earbuds,order that I placed after the Wallnuts,so hopefully maybe tomorrow.
Vapman,are the E808+ original? On mine it says Japan,and i love the sound signature straight from the box, especially the tight bass,but i don't like the cable.

By the way I find them superior to Monk+,both comfort and sound, except for the cable.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #968 of 3,631

Cable is easy to replace i have heard. I have not tried replacing mine cable because i like the j hook but it is on my list of stuff to do. I have seen several pics of recabled e808+

Wait until your Walnut (s) arrive though and listen to that through the Monk+, before making final judgement - the Walnut and the Monk+ are a lovely combo.

Also this :wink:

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #971 of 3,631
Just replaced the cable of the E808+ with the apple cable with the mic.
Much softer cable now and really enjoying the sound.
If the Walnuts are not coming tomorrow they will come Friday ha ha .

Just curious if it sounds different to you? I know the Earbuds thread would love to hear about it 
wink.gif

@purplesun who introduced me to the E808+, cant thank him enough, has recabled one of his (or bought a recabled one?) he says it sounds better. I believe it because 

You still don't have the walnuts yet!!! What the heck is royal mail doing? I bet they found the thread and are jammin out with them.

If you don't get enough volume with this player something is definitely wrong.......

Nice, yours made it 
beerchug.gif
 May I ask what's plugged in? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #972 of 3,631
Wow. Listening to U2 Zooropa, on the Walnut / Monk plus. I'd never really appreciated this album or liked the production, and this was probably where I stopped listening to U2.

It sounds gorgeous! What is this wizardry!

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #973 of 3,631
Nice, yours made it :beerchug:  May I ask what's plugged in? :D

Sextett's, got the headphones yesterday and the Walnut today. Perfect timing and perfect match, I'm very happy after a couple of hours with the duo. Even if it sounds like s**t with everything else that I own (not that I think it will) this combo alone was worth getting it.

I've got some nice earbuds that I'm pretty sure it'll sound great with it as well......

Jan 4, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #974 of 3,631
Wow. Listening to U2 Zooropa, on the Walnut / Monk plus. I'd never really appreciated this album or liked the production, and this was probably where I stopped listening to U2.

It sounds gorgeous! What is this wizardry!

​I kinda feel like that with David Bowie. I have listened to him for years and I feel like I am hearing details for the first time. it's very interesting with Walnut/Monk+, very inexpensive setup but very enjoyable!

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #975 of 3,631

​I kinda feel like that with David Bowie. I have listened to him for years and I feel like I am hearing details for the first time. it's very interesting with Walnut/Monk+, very inexpensive setup but very enjoyable!

I ordered a Qian39 and an E808+ on aliexpress last night, now all these Monk+ praises are making me having buyer's remorse =(((

Users who are viewing this thread

Back