1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last
  1. rockingthearies
    Is it a must to format the microSD card to FAT32? I have a 32gb microSD card how would I know if its already formatted?

2. nick n
    Yes I do believe it needs to be FAT32

=try plugging it into your computer then right clicking and looking at properties, or opening it through a device manager which will show the format on it.
     But if you are doing that already and are wiping it out to put new stuff on it, you might as well redo it.

The Ridgecrop website GUI version is awesome been using that for years and did donate a while back even.
    Used it up to 2tb if I recall.

3. musicday
    My walnuts are still not here,maybe the squirrel ( postmen ) took them.

4. music4mhell
    Don't order 3 at a time :)

5. musicday
    I was greedy.

6. music4mhell
    I was less greedy, so i ordered only 1 :)
    If it turns out good, i will order more :)

7. groucho69
    And needy.

8. dennisopk
    Ordered the walnut mid Dec (CKLewis) and it arrived today, got a corrupted SD sandisk card that can only play 5 chinese songs . The sound is great but there is one problem. I accidentally touch the earbud jack plugged in, it go soft and then loud again. This time I shake the jack it go soft and then loud again. Does anyone have this problem? 

9. Ruben123

Maybe that's my problem too... As my 3.5mm jack is really loose

10. iJay

​That would certainly be an explanation to your issues. These Walnuts have great output levels. Are you able to sweat the solder joints on the 3.5mm HO jack? My 3.5mm has a very solid feel.

11. dennisopk
    That happened when I plugged in the Fiio EM3, I changed to qian39 it tight nothing happen, 3.5mm jack of the fiio EM3 must be loose. 

12. noknok23
    has anyone heard some small static noise while using walnut on motion? Similar to the small dust you hear when playing vinyl records but more digital.

13. trellus
    I haven't, and I've used it pocketed.

14. iJay
    nothing here...I carry it around my house either shirt or jacket pocket w/out issue.

15. vapman
    same here... in my pants pocket right now. also went walking around with it today running errands. all good here.

@noknok23  if you walnut has less than about 2 days' worth of playback time, some random distortion is actually expected and normal. if you know it's had more use than that, should look into other causes.... wearing fleece or anything very staticky? 

Anyway, I am sad because I only have 1gb left on my 32GB walnut card. Almost time to upgrade.... got nearly 50 full CDs in WAV on it (a couple in MP3 320 too).

P.S. the Walnut microSD slot is REALLY springy! I lost my card yesterday and my gf was helping me find it. It landed almost 10 feet from where I was standing when I was trying to take it out. The best part is she was asking me how far it went, so I put another microSD in, told her to watch, and pushed it in to eject it, and then didn't keep it from flying out with my thumb like I usually do. we watched the card fly to the other end of the room like someone threw a baseball. We eventually found the cards a few hours later...

nick n and mgunin like this.
First

Back
53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62
64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73
Next

Last