Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Dec 22, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #586 of 3,631
Just ordered One to see how it pair with HD650. Has anyone tried pairing with HD650?

I used it with my friend's HD600 and it was awesome, powered it great, I have not tested with a HD650 yet... I am sure it would be awesome. Well, it could at least power it with no problem...

Fabulous.. Can't wait to get hands on and try :)

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #591 of 3,631
Ok ordered Silmic II 10uf 25v to replace the stock R3A 10uf 16v, Also got Vishay BC 150, supposed to be good also (for 1000uf)

Just bear in mind that the lower the ESR the more transparent the sound is, and for some people this won't mean a good thing. If you want to keep more of a fun sound sig but still improve over stock then Panasonic FC is a good choice for the 1000uf, or Nippon Chemi-Con KY.

Tomorrow I'm soldering in 2x 100uf 16v Nichicon FG.

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #592 of 3,631
Ok ordered Silmic II 10uf 25v to replace the stock R3A 10uf 16v, and also ordered Rubycon ZL 1000uf 16v, as it is a little better than the Panasonic FM in terms of low ESR.

Just bear in mind that the lower the ESR the more transparent the sound is, and for some people this won't mean a good thing. If you want to keep more of a fun sound sig but still improve over stock then Panasonic FC is a good choice for the 1000uf, or Nippon Chemi-Con KY.

Tomorrow I'm soldering in 2x 100uf 16v Nichicon FG.

How much have you spent so far this year? Be honest :yum:

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #593 of 3,631
i'll test it with **** ues ASAP, which is very similar to **** 4in1, and you will be able to check the result.

Ok will wait for ur test. Does anyone also have the a4, its probably my end game iem.

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #596 of 3,631
Dec 22, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #597 of 3,631
Hi this may be a silly question but what chip does this use to process ? I can see the OpAmps but not sure of the Chip? is it NOS? i.e. is there pre-processing before it hits the OpAmps

Thanks

It is a system on a chip (SoC) so not your traditional D/A IC. In other words, not NOS. However. The designer is not disclosing what the SOC used is, one would assume this is to keep others from using it or trying to keep their price lower to keep Walnut more affordable

What is not known is if the mp3/wav decoding scheme is built into the SoC or if it is done in software.

So any pre processing is done in the most analog form. Just how caps, resistors etc affect it.

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #598 of 3,631
It is a system on a chip (SoC) so not your traditional D/A IC. In other words, not NOS. However. The designer is not disclosing what the SOC used is, one would assume this is to keep others from using it or trying to keep their price lower to keep Walnut more affordable

What is not known is if the mp3/wav decoding scheme is built into the SoC or if it is done in software.

So any pre processing is done in the most analog form. Just how caps, resistors etc affect it.

Most things are SoC these days, especially small stuff. But sometimes if you open a big box there is a lot of air very little electronics.

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #600 of 3,631
Commercial grade processors are the same way, one or two boards with components and a whole lot of air!

Yup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back