1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last
  1. Thomas De Brito
    guys I just bought the akg k7xx on ebay  I heard they needed an amp so  I might try out with a higher ohms headphones that  I don't have yet so, but the walnut is awesome alone even with my kz atr.

2. Decommo

How do we navigate folder level (move to next or previous folder)?

3. Ruben123

not

4. Decommo

Hmm. If so, what is the point of setting up the folders?

5. nick n
    ^ Setting up the folders  so it will be the order in which the player reads the next songs.
    Folders do not get noticed it goes right through them to whatever MP3 / WAV track it encounters next.
    So depending upon how the tracks and folders are added to the SDcard, is how it reads.

Lots of times grabbing a huge batch of files and copying to the SDcard it will not necessarily add them in the sorted order as on the computer. Or if the player does not read alphabetically on it's own, like the Colorfly C3 for example.
    Pretty sure it goes by time added to the card,

Drive  sort program is best if you want to order them consecutively.

I just wanted to mention something I was thinking about after redoing some other caps on a portable amp mod with great results.
    Was going to do one of these amps up like I have here for a pal, but realized my mistake /oversight right away.
    =The amp I was redoing  costs well over two times the cost of the Walnut alone.
     And the Walnut is ALSO an amp.

Walnut is pretty crazy as-is, but considering all the sonic options between opamps and caps it is an ideal DIY tweakable unit.
    And even after some experimenting ( unnecessary really ) --- on the cheap ---opamps and caps you are still way below the entry cost of a lot of things that  don't really  give the same awesome results!
    Heck it'd be a great thing for someone who has basic soldering skills even to toy with and get more confidence there.

Did I mention that I love this thing.[​IMG] 

waynes world, peter123, iJay and 2 others like this.
  6. vapman
    Use it as your amp! 4.2v RMS is super powerful [​IMG]

7. vincik
    hi, i wish to buy one. Can you tell me where? I'm from Czech republic (eu).  I found this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Walnut-V2-hifi-fever-lossless-MP3-player-mastering-portable-Walkman-amp-diy/32724622711.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.1.4yi8xI&scm=1007.13338.50051.0&pvid=ac698977-8c06-42b8-8d28-384ef4339954&tpp=1 It says free shipping to my country. Is it legit? I never used this site or ebay to buy stuff, so i want to check twice before i send money somewhere. Thanks.

8. vapman
    No problem with Aliexpress, but there is a better seller. Check out post #2, there is a link in the top of the post for eBay and Aliexpress :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/828315/walnut-hi-fi-v2-wav-mp3-player-by-wt-screenless-budget-killer-combo-dap-amp#post_13070949

edit: I noticed CKLewis took pictures of their own! and have 99 orders, wow! you could be order #100...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-DIY-MP3-V2-Professional-Lossless-Music-MP3-HiFi-Music-Player-Support-32GB-TF-Card-Expansion/32727723202.html

9. musicday
    Yes use CK Lewies and if shipping is free to UK should be free to Czech republic also:grinning: so buy with confidence.

10. flamesofarctica
    It's a race between my Walnut and all my new earbud orders arriving and I've never monitored my AliExpress tracking so closely!

I'm going to rip a few WAV files in preparation. Initially just a few tracks like a mix-tape of old (I feel like it's the 80s, I used to spend whole evenings doing mix tapes for my car).

Am putting the same tracks on a card in both MP3 320 and WAV format, will be interesting to see if I can tell the difference. If I can, then I'm going to have to re-rip all my CDs, so I'm almost hoping I can't!

Also - although I was already waiting for some TY buds (HP320 and HP650) I appear to have accidentally treated myself and ordered the Zen 2 yesterday. Has anyone tried the Zen 2 with the Walnut yet? As I don't have anything else that is likely to drive the Zen properly, I'm really hoping it's a decent combo (either playing on the Walnut itself, or using it as an amp)

11. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    Man I tried soldering in the 2x 100uf and failed. It was easy taking out the old caps, but when I went to solder in the new caps solder had solidified in the holes and for some reason I couldn't melt it again. Maybe a combination of the holes being smaller, while using silver solder. I need to get some cardas quad eutectic.

12. musicday
    Use a needle when soldering to prevent the holes getting closed.What solder,paste do you use?

13. nocchi
    Walnut v2 from CKLewis increased its price into $34.74 lol

14. musicday
    Yes i notice a previous increase also.Got mine for $26.64 then it jumped to $28.60 and now $34.74.
    Luckily i ordered 3.

15. nick n
    AAAArgh those moments...
    Any other tips to try. Smaller chisel tip perhaps?

I'm waiting on stuff so have no idea how small or close those holes are until stuff shows and I start.

Sorry to hear frustrating stuff sometimes. I keep mine @ 7-800 degrees to avoid stuff like that, then again not used silver solder for a while.
    You'll get them done.

First

Back
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Next

Last