1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last
  1. Ivan TT
    dmz555 likes this.
  2. Ynot1
    I hope Walnut stays in the dap game. It seems to me the only differentiator between walnut and zishan is the ability to used a dedicated dac chip.
    Maybe walnut should just find the guy who knows the guy and sign a contract with you know so that can happen.

Maybe the class a amp guy and dedicated dac guy and walnut should get together for lunch one of these days.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  3. flamesofarctica
    Love both the Walnut and Zishan players and still haven't decided which I prefer (or if it matters!) Just ordered the Walnut amp and the Bluebird M1 player/amp, to have a play with :). Oh and a Shanling M2S. And a Ruizu A50. I need to stop doing this, I have plenty players and amps now.

golov17 and DBaldock9 like this.
  4. MuZo2
    Your wish has been granted

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/walnut-v3-dac-amp-with-balanced-output.858563/

Ynot1 likes this.
  5. Ynot1
  6. Saoshyant
    May seem silly, but I'm enjoying the ZMF Ori on the V2S. I know there's no way it's pushing it to it's full potential, but it's still damn fun to listen to. SUCH a strange little dap.

7. the Ortherion
    Hi guys i've just received a Walnut V2 from a headfier but i wish to use mainly as a amplifier. However the volume knob only have two positions..."whispering in your ear until you fall asleep" and "im gonna blow this huge f**** load on your ears until you reach the moon".

There is any chance on changing the volume pot or adding something that will allow me to change the volume gradually?

dkfuel likes this.
  8. Saoshyant
    I had to use an ifi ieMatch to help with that. Otherwise it's oddly better suited for planars.

9. Ivan TT
    Add some resistors between opamp's terminals 1-2 and 6-7 to reduce opamp's gain.

I initially got a bunch of values between 15kOhm and 5k and would put them into the socket like on the photo below (it's F1 but it's almost the same circuit), until I could get a good range from the volume pot:

[​IMG]

Then soldered the winner (12kOhm) in:

[​IMG]

nick n and golov17 like this.
  10. HUGO SILVA
  11. colourhaze
  12. Sam Wayne
    Hello,
    I am looking to use Walnut V2s as an amplifier with my phone. Can anybody please tell me if there is any interference issue from the phone RF ? Any cracking or hissing noise ? Is there a RF shield in place ?

13. Makahl
    *deleted*

14. golov17
    Normal, with 3G better

15. Sam Wayne
    Can you please clarify a bit? Do you want to mean there is RFI/EMI but reduces when using 3G?

First

Back
211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220
222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231
Next

Last