Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Aug 22, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #3,302 of 3,631
I hope Walnut stays in the dap game. It seems to me the only differentiator between walnut and zishan is the ability to used a dedicated dac chip.
Maybe walnut should just find the guy who knows the guy and sign a contract with you know so that can happen.

Maybe the class a amp guy and dedicated dac guy and walnut should get together for lunch one of these days.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #3,304 of 3,631
I hope Walnut stays in the dap game. It seems to me the only differentiator between walnut and zishan is the ability to used a dedicated dac chip.
Maybe walnut should just find the guy who knows the guy and sign a contract with you know so that can happen.

Maybe the class a amp guy and dedicated dac guy and walnut should get together for lunch one of these days.

Your wish has been granted

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/walnut-v3-dac-amp-with-balanced-output.858563/

Sep 2, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #3,307 of 3,631
Hi guys i've just received a Walnut V2 from a headfier but i wish to use mainly as a amplifier. However the volume knob only have two positions..."whispering in your ear until you fall asleep" and "im gonna blow this huge screw* load on your ears until you reach the moon".

There is any chance on changing the volume pot or adding something that will allow me to change the volume gradually?

Sep 2, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #3,309 of 3,631
There is any chance on changing the volume pot or adding something that will allow me to change the volume gradually?
Add some resistors between opamp's terminals 1-2 and 6-7 to reduce opamp's gain.

I initially got a bunch of values between 15kOhm and 5k and would put them into the socket like on the photo below (it's F1 but it's almost the same circuit), until I could get a good range from the volume pot:

IMG_5758.jpg

Then soldered the winner (12kOhm) in:

IMG_5863.jpg

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #3,312 of 3,631
Hello,
I am looking to use Walnut V2s as an amplifier with my phone. Can anybody please tell me if there is any interference issue from the phone RF ? Any cracking or hissing noise ? Is there a RF shield in place ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back