Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
May 6, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #2,884 of 3,631
Walnut v2s is also available at d-d audio store.Is it genuine seller?

I ordered my Walnut v2 from DD-Audio Store, during the AliExpress "Birthday Sale" at the end of March, and it took ~3-/12 weeks to arrive here in Houston, TX.

The one they shipped to me has the socketed opamp, rather than the soldered-on version.

May 7, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #2,885 of 3,631
Hello, I have a 64gb card full of records. I'd like to know if someone managed to randomize folder order so when I navigate it's not always the same order the records are listed (date of creation) ? I'm sure some basic script would do the trick! Im on windows or linux.

May 7, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #2,886 of 3,631
Hello, I have a 64gb card full of records. I'd like to know if someone managed to randomize folder order so when I navigate it's not always the same order the records are listed (date of creation) ? I'm sure some basic script would do the trick! Im on windows or linux.

Are the files on your memory card all in the root folder, or in separate folders? I don't think the Walnut v2 supports playing files that are in a folder structure.

The Walnut v2 actually plays the music files in the order that they were copied onto the memory card, rather than any order that the File Explorer on your PC displays them.

I'm not a "programmer", but I have written a number of AWK and bash Shell scripts through the years, mostly in support of photo image processing. I think I've got a script on my PC at work, that will create a file with the randomized order of a list of songs in in a folder - all that would be needed, is to add a feature to copy the files to the memory card in the randomized order.

May 7, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #2,887 of 3,631
I don't want to randomize the files but the folders aka the records.
I saw people randomize files to give a shuffle feel.

"The Walnut v2 actually plays the music files in the order that they were copied onto the memory card, rather than any order that the File Explorer on your PC displays them."
Actually, this order can be displayed in the file explorer if you click "date of creation" in list mode. :)

So basically what could work (my guess) would be a script that cut and paste folders randomly to refresh the folder "date of creation" information on the sd card. Do you know how to do a script like this? :bride_with_veil:

May 7, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #2,888 of 3,631
I can tell you that they send what they are selling in a relatively short time. I've ordered three things from them ( a couple of opamps and some dip sockets). I haven't been able to test them yet, since I also ordered a Z1 but haven't received it yet.
The "2x - DIP-8 dual opamp, made from 2x AD825AR V3 mono opamps" and "3x - DIP-8 PHILIPS NE5532N (Vintage) dual opamp" that I ordered, were purchased from Audio Jade. They should be here in a few weeks, and I'll let you know how they sound.
So many opamps to choose from. I literally just picked a number at random and got AD8672. I think I'll give it a whack!

May 7, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #2,889 of 3,631

On Linux, you can use 'fatsort' to randomize the folder order.

e.g. fatsort -R /dev/sdb1

May 7, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #2,890 of 3,631
I don't want to randomize the files but the folders aka the records.
I saw people randomize files to give a shuffle feel.

"The Walnut v2 actually plays the music files in the order that they were copied onto the memory card, rather than any order that the File Explorer on your PC displays them."
Actually, this order can be displayed in the file explorer if you click "date of creation" in list mode. :)

So basically what could work (my guess) would be a script that cut and paste folders randomly to refresh the folder "date of creation" information on the sd card. Do you know how to do a script like this? :bride_with_veil:

You've verified that you can put folders of music files on the memory card, and Walnut v2 will play the files in the folders?

May 9, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #2,891 of 3,631
@DBaldock9 Yes folder is fine!
@wskl thank you, i installed fatsort and check the function, indeed you where right, i didn't tried yet though because my sd card is in exfat, not fat32. And I just found out it's windows proprietary system :s :s :s. There was some work for a fatsort on windows with exfat support but I'm not sure it happened yet. I may have to format my sd card to fat32...

May 9, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #2,892 of 3,631
P70509-130710.jpg P70509-131415.jpg

May 9, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #2,893 of 3,631
I was afraid of this question in due to my bad English :) With minus the output capacitors to ground 1kΩ to reduce the effect of static electricity and pops when when plugging headphones. Also, I used a 16kΩ resistor in parallel with R17 to increase the supply voltage opamp from 15 to 24V. All caps changed to 25V before I did this. This do better stability of LM6172.

@heraleks - Are the 1KΩ resistors that go to GND, connected to the capacitor lead that is "away" from the opamp, or the one that's "closer" to the opamp?

Thanks,
David Baldock

May 10, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #2,894 of 3,631
P70510-114816.jpg

Great pairing with Vido :)
How many hours do I need to burn in Walnut V2.1?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back