Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 7, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #1,891 of 3,631
I see, I solely use IEMs and earbuds, so even on my DX90, I alternate between low and mid gain, and usually just slightly over half of the volume. So I doubt I will be needing it just for boosting volume. But in terms of being a DAP? How does it compare against the DX90?

I sold DX90, even though technically proficient, I would rather listen to my modded Walnut's than DX90, which to me sounds overly sterile compared to Walnut.

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #1,892 of 3,631

My walnut finally came!!

it is extremely loud while in amp mode using my X3ii as source.. I had to turn on the digital volume control on the X3ii.  I think it is better off on its own lol.

Mine came with the fabled 8gb sd card but such a pity, 90% of the songs inside were corrupted. 

Tried it using my jh16 v2 pro and tried hard to hear background hiss as read from previous posts but i couldnt find it lol.
Not as warm as the x3ii and sounds thinner but on the other hand gave it a clean and smoother sound especially the mids. Maybe cause of lacking a bit of bass? 
Anyway it sounds exciting! i can't wait to see what i can do with it!!

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #1,893 of 3,631
Walnut in the house! After the taobao fiasco, I ordered another one from this ebay seller on Jan11, so it took 3 1/2 weeks. I'm okay with that!

Anyway, I like it! Good work  @vapman ! And thank you also @nick n
for your continued encouragement :)  Actually nick, you may have mentioned this to me way back, but it was called something else. What was it called?

Oh, and a shout out to you also @T.R.A.N.C.E. for promoting it so well!

Anyway, good work kids!
beerchug.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #1,894 of 3,631
p.s. I never thought that I would like a "non-screen" dap, but I LOVE the simplicity of the walnut. I love:
- the on/off/volume knob on the top
- the fact that you can quickly turn it off when required
- the fact that it resumes play at the exact spot in the track
- how quickly it resumes play

If it had a "sleep timer" so that I could use it at night when falling asleep. Oh well.

Loving it with the Zen 1.0's at the moment...

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,895 of 3,631
Waynesworld will send  you that other opamp tomorrow.

I forget what I called it, you'll have to refresh my memory :p

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,896 of 3,631
  p.s. I never thought that I would like a "non-screen" dap, but I LOVE the simplicity of the walnut. I love:
- the on/off/volume knob on the top
- the fact that you can quickly turn it off when required
- the fact that it resumes play at the exact spot in the track
- how quickly it resumes play

If it had a "sleep timer" so that I could use it at night when falling asleep. Oh well.

Loving it with the Zen 1.0's at the moment...

Yup same. Coming from the Colorfly C3 that I was using a fair bit, it's like the polar opposite in terms of simplicity.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #1,897 of 3,631

I sold DX90, even though technically proficient, I would rather listen to my modded Walnut's than DX90, which to me sounds overly sterile compared to Walnut.

I agree, the dx90 can be too clean, but I do like how 'technically proficient' it sounds. Compared to my Fiio X3, which is warmer, it is a big contrast. So how will the Walnut compare with the X3?

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #1,900 of 3,631
LowePro makes a zillion different little compact camera cases that will fit the nutter. They can sometimes be had at your local dollar store.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #1,905 of 3,631
7 days have passed since ordering and paying for WalnutV2.
Haven't heard from the seller and my items haven't been dispachad.
One more day and the order will auto cancel and I will not order again.What a joke.

Which seller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back