Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 8, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #1,922 of 3,631
I am having the Walnut in my cart in Aliexpress, waiting to click on it to just see whether it lives up to the hype!

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #1,923 of 3,631
I am having the Walnut in my cart in Aliexpress, waiting to click on it to just see whether it lives up to the hype!

there is over 120 pages of user experience :wink:

Anyone here tried the Walnut with the Shozy Zero of the VE zen 2.0?

early in the thread there were some zen 2 users and m4mhell has zen 2 black

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #1,924 of 3,631
  yup cklewis back in stock at $29 - use the iOS or Android AliExpress app to buy because you get an extra ~$1.50 off.

get em while you can everyone.......

If you want to wait two months. There are two sellers in my post who sell by ePacket. It costs $6 - $7 more, you should get your Walnut v2 in 2-3 weeks vs 2 months the Aliexpress Standard Shipping way.

PS: Can anyone confirm how fast Ebay sellers are?

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #1,925 of 3,631
there is over 120 pages of user experience :wink:

Hi @vapman , yes I know! But I just want to understand better; my music is mainly in MP3 and FLAC - does it mean that I should convert them to WAV before playing them through the Walnut? Will it make a significant difference if I leave my music as MP3, instead of converting them to WAV?

So why WAV sounds so much better on the Walnut?

Edit: I just saw that there is quite a negative review of the Walnut unit from CKLewis, saying that it does not function as a DAP properly as it cannot read the files from the included SD card too....the buyer mentioned he went to CKLewis, but did not get a facourable response, nor a refund...anyone has a similar experience?

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #1,926 of 3,631

there is over 120 pages of user experience
wink.gif

Hi @vapman , yes I know! But I just want to understand better; my music is mainly in MP3 and FLAC - does it mean that I should convert them to WAV before playing them through the Walnut? Will it make a significant difference if I leave my music as MP3, instead of converting them to WAV?

So why WAV sounds so much better on the Walnut?

mp3 converted to wav will not sound better

@LaughMoreDaily i have never waited even a month for sg post but no tracking. i just meant get them from anywhere before they sell out again :wink:

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,927 of 3,631

@LaughMoreDaily i have never waited even a month for sg post but no tracking. i just meant get them from anywhere before they sell out again :wink:

I see, so it will work well with just MP3 files? I don't have any native WAV files though...

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #1,928 of 3,631
Bought 1 walnut yesterday from the Taobao store, waiting for it to arrive at the forwarder before i ship it back to me. In the meantime, I'll just read through the thread slowly, and identifying what are some of the opamps that people have tried.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,929 of 3,631
  Anyone here tried the Walnut with the Shozy Zero of the VE zen 2.0?

I haven't tried it with the Zen 2.0 yet. With the Zen 1.0... awesome. With the Monk 1.0.. awesome. Monk +... awesome.  

And with headphones... Nighthawks.. awesome. JVC 990's... awesome. Yammy MT220's... awesome.

I think you get the picture!

Just make sure you put walnut friendly format files without tag info on it!!!

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #1,930 of 3,631

@LaughMoreDaily i have never waited even a month for sg post but no tracking. i just meant get them from anywhere before they sell out again
wink.gif

I see, so it will work well with just MP3 files? I don't have any native WAV files though...

If you have flac or apple lossless you could decompress it to wav! all lossless

Feb 9, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #1,933 of 3,631
Actually... if anyone is coming to Singapore for Canjam next month, I can easily do a MO and buy from Taobao, and sell it to you guys at no additional cost. Shipping within domestic China and from China to Singapore is really quick.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #1,935 of 3,631

Oh you are in SGD too? I am rather interested to try out the Walnut, which is currently on Ali at about USD29 (about $40 SGD). If you can get it in to SGD cheaper, I am keen too! I am tempted to go to the CanJam too, but afraid it will poison me further!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back