Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Feb 9, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,951 of 3,631
  I think Rose might be the best seller right now, they even ship e-packet.

That's a big reason I ordered. Now let's see if it gets to me in good time.

Feb 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,952 of 3,631
My first order with Cklewis was the fastest I ever got anything from AE.  Ofcourse this was near the beginning of this thread when stock was easy to find.  Personally, I would rather have a seller actually wait till they actually ship the item as opposed to one that fakes it then orders it from their supplier.  I guess I am saying dont give another seller more credit since they quickly created a tracking number until you actually can see they shipped it out for real.  Most every one of my AE orders I get tracking the next day and then it doesnt ship out for many days after.  Ofcourse, the most honorable business practice would be to not list an item till you actually have it in stock.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #1,954 of 3,631
Zen 2.0 yes :-D (standard, not black edition...I can't justify the black edition to myself no matter how much I want it!!) I specifically waited until I had something with a bit of power before getting the Zen's, and I'm so glad as the combo just sounds stunning/lush/lots of other superlatives.

So far my favourite combo's for the Walnut, of the earbuds I have, are the three main VE earbuds (the first time I heard the Monk+ with the Walnut I couldn't believe my ears how well they scaled), the TY HP320 and the TY HP650. With the Zen 2 at the top of the list.

Do the Zen 2.0 have bass?  I loved the Monk plus with the Walnut as well, but the bass lacks quite a bit.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,955 of 3,631
  Nut finally came to CZ! :D 
Nice little powerful thing, it can power even my modded t50rp mk3 to listenable level :)
Power output comparable to my sd793ii dac/amp, Í didnt have much time to test anything yet..
Tomorrow I´m gonna buy LME49720NA (=LM4562) at our local store and I will post some of my impressions.

note: I´m looking for opamp which fill be "fast" so it can handle mainly rock/metal, tonality is my second priority

TRANCE will have some suggestions for you.  AT the moment I really like the JRC NE5532.  It is much better than the stock TI NE5532 and i also preferred it to the LM4562 (though they are pretty close, i found the LM4562 to be a bit leaner)

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,957 of 3,631
Anyone in the Netherlands or let's say Benelux up to sells exchange op amps? I want to try new sound signature:p

Walnut sounds better than my phone because more juice. It's obvious with my asura 2. Can feel more dynamic with monk even. However it's thrue that difference is less obvious with stuff like edimun v3 to me because it doesn't need that much power.
Walnut being as big as a cigarette pack. It is worth the hassle imo :-D

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #1,958 of 3,631

Quote:
  TRANCE will have some suggestions for you.  AT the moment I really like the JRC NE5532.  It is much better than the stock TI NE5532 and i also preferred it to the LM4562 (though they are pretty close, i found the LM4562 to be a bit leaner)

If TRANCE can suggest something, I would be greatful :)
Yea I heard that 5532 variations sound different, but unfortunately I found only TI version at local stores. 
Because I don´t want to wait 4 weeks for something, I will try LM4562 and maybe OPA2134 (if I can pull it out from my sd793).
This will be my first OP amp rolling, will see how it goes, maybe I won´t be able to hear (remember) the differences with my RE-400 or Candy Monk.. worst scenario :D

I´m also planning to change power cap, but so far at local stores I found only one which will fit: Nippon Chemi-con 1000u 25V (ELXZ250ETE102MK20S)
but I´m not sure if it will be upgrade over stock cap :D 
What do you think guys, should I order something "better"?

edit: CarbNUT, first essential modification :D

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #1,961 of 3,631
  Not really a basshead, but the Monks have very little.  Elaborate on the Mod please.

It is so simple you can hardly call it a mod. Really all that needs to be done is to replace the cable with a much thicker one. this bud with a new cable and improved plug brings out the bass and makes the monk sound bassless in comparison.

Feb 9, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #1,964 of 3,631
  Let's get some debate going, perhaps with some sound files recorded testing a high res V2 against a smartphone UAPP in high res? What my question is....does the Walnut V2 bring anything more to the party than needing an extra pocket in your jeans?

I don't need any more pockets in my jeans. They come with 5. :wink: I'll compare the v2 with my cell phone when I get my order in the mail. 

PS: Don't forget cell phones emit cancer-causing radiation. Keep a phone in your jeans pocket? I hope you're not having children, you're damaging them before they're even born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back