1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last
  1. LaughMoreDaily

2. LaughMoreDaily
    Which Ali sellers are faking their shipping times? Headfi members need to be aware of these practices, because who knows, they could be doing something else too... like selling counterfeit goods.

3. vapman
    I checked every seller you posted in the list of in stock Ali sellers a few pages back. I didnt see princess dress store in there so with the exception of a couple others i never bought from, they are all good about tracking in my experience. 

4. Dark Helmet
    I agree that the bass isn't the focus as it sounds fantastic, but it does not have enough for me.

5. LaughMoreDaily
    Because they're hard of hearing. :)

6. flamesofarctica

If you're in the UK or Europe then the volume on your smartphone is capped and there's no chance of it having enough power to drive anything more than the most easy to drive IEMs.

Conversely the Walnut will drive high impedence earbuds without an amp. It can also be used as an amp. It has a really listenable sound.

And the 'dated' look? One of it's best features :-D

Plus it's battery life well exceeds my phone, without having to use up my phone battery. I like to keep the two separate personally and have a separate music player with me. If I upgrade my phone I don't want to rely on the whims of my phone manufacturer as to the sound quality I'm going to get for my music. And although I'm sure many of the flagship phones have excellent sound quality, I have no interest in having more than a relatively basic smartphone.

Oh, and my phone is rubbish it doesn't even have a flashing Instruction LED :wink: Joking aside on that bit, I can see it's not for everyone, but there's so much to like here.

groucho69 and LaughMoreDaily like this.
  7. LaughMoreDaily
    I did a search for the Princess store on Ali to add them to list and they didn't come up in any of my searches. They need to work on that. Do you have a link?

8. puppyfi

Actually, I should say that while some people are unable to distinguish hearing differences between MP3 and WAV files of the same track, others may simply find MP3 quality good enough and just stick to using 128/256k MP3 for convenience.
    The bottom line is, just enjoy your music, as long as it is of good quality recordings ( be it MP3, WAV or DSD files).

vapman likes this.
  9. Takeanidea
    All of you have fun with the V2, no bad feelings intended

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  10. Ruben123

That's plain bs but ok

11. vapman
    @LaughMoreDaily
    @Ruben123
    @Takeanidea

The topic is not walnut related and probably belongs in sound science if anything. I respectfully ask you guys to both be polite in this thread and keep it on topic. We do not want this thread to get ugly and need intervention please.

Thanks,
    Vapman 

groucho69 likes this.
  12. Hutnicks
    Thought I'd make a little correction for you there[​IMG]

vapman likes this.
  13. Takeanidea

I'll edit mine - you are right. I'll edit the first post and remove myself from the thread. Make love not war

14. vapman
    please do not remove yourself from the thread bro. Just wanted to cut that side discussion short before any problems arose. I appreciate your good will and felt kinda bad tagging you. You are most welcome to stick around [​IMG]

15. flamesofarctica

There was no need to edit your post and certainly no need to distance yourself from the thread :frowning2:

It was an interesting viewpoint which I enjoyed reading and for my part I answered from my own perspectives.

Multiple thoughts on a topic are a good thing and to be welcomed

First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last