Waking up your GF
Feb 24, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #46 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
If she's deprived of sleep this much, even if she got up, do you think she will stay awake in class? I think it's better to have her miss the classes in bed than in classrooms.

It's better to be there then to not be there. At least that way you don't miss out on assignments, extra credit opportunities, etc. The info gets to soak in subconciously also.
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #47 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
Sex. A good vigorous session at night and she should drop off to sleep quite nicely.
biggrin.gif

Actually it's quite the opposite! Sex is usually followed up with a shower, which usually results in both of us wide awake...

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #48 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricardo diaz
Have you tried water?

It's a lot of fun. You'll laugh and laugh and laugh. She might dump you, but it could be worth it.

Maybe she needs to be motivated. Talk with her.

I tried water this morning, due to someone's wet towel suggestion. Like I said, she woke up with a wet face, and went back to sleep. It was a funny sight to see though.
icon10.gif

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #49 of 92
You could get a digital camera and start taking pictures... telling her that you'll put them up on facebook or whatever. I dunno... she might not like other people seeing her in that condition---unprimped.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #50 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
Maybe if you posted some pictures we'd be able to come up with a little better plan for her..
evil_smiley.gif

Haha, I'm surprised and ashamed that I was first to say this..

Since you're curious:
gf.jpg

For the record, she prefers the mobius cable. She just uses the stock when she's wearing my precious hd650s to nap...
eek.gif
It's okay though, I nap with them all the time too.
600smile.gif

EDIT: Sorry I don't have a digital camera, I took that picture with her camera a few months ago. She basically looks like that right now, minus the cheetos, icey, and hd650s and passed out.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:40 PM Post #51 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
i find that when I'm really tired, the only way I'll get out of bed willingly is if there is already a hot shower or bath waiting for me. I can ease outta sleep in the shower quite easily, because the attraction to staying in bed is the warmth. Also have you tried giving her really flavorful foods in the morning? Spicey, sour, etc?

There's always a shower waiting for her, but it doesn't seem to help. Jahn said something similar that I'm gonna try, which was to give her something to look forward to. Your suggestion seems to be along similar lines.

Feb 24, 2006 at 9:49 PM Post #55 of 92
This would help, and yet as it is not available yet and runs $$$, still worth keeping an eye on:

http://www.axonlabs.com/index.html

Axon Labs have developed a means by which you wake up at the best/lightest point of the sleep cycle.
Here's one of many articles:
http://www.newscientist.com/article....mg18624956.600

Again, it doesn't help now, especially if the true problem is simply lack of sleep. And the only real solution is either go to sleep earlier, take more naps, or schedule afternoon classes.

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #57 of 92
looking at the pic i see the problem! salty snacks and sugary drinks late at night always make me dead as a doorknob in the morning, especially if taken after midnight! don't ask me why, i'm no nutritionist, but that's the truth. tell her to just drink water after midnight - plus, she'll get sleepier quicker without all that salt and sugar hopping her up that late!

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #59 of 92
Tell her that if she wakes up and goes to class you will buy her something nice at night. (Shoes. cloth, lingerie, perfumes...etc, etc) That would TOTALLY work with me.

But I agree with the fact that this is not your responsibility. So, at night, try to talk with her and tell her that you need her to be responsible. She's a grown up and she needs to start acting like one. She doesn't have to stop reading; she just needs to change her schedule!

Oh! by the way...maybe this is not an appropriate advice, but you can have sex with her at night...really great sex...make her get "there" at least 3 times...that will totally put her to sleep...and maybe waking her up the next day won't be a total pain in the ass.

Good luck

Feb 24, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #60 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
looking at the pic i see the problem! salty snacks and sugary drinks late at night always make me dead as a doorknob in the morning, especially if taken after midnight! don't ask me why, i'm no nutritionist, but that's the truth. tell her to just drink water after midnight - plus, she'll get sleepier quicker without all that salt and sugar hopping her up that late!

That silly picture was taken months ago during the day, for the purposes of showing off my HD650s. But you make a good point, she does eat late night meals! I actually restricted her beverages a few weeks ago to only juices and water. Maybe cutting back on food late at night would help her fall asleep. But oh... so hard to resist the Bacon Ultimate Cheese Burgers from Jack in the Box. Thanks for great suggestion #2 jahn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back