Waht's in the bag?
Apr 22, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #63 of 88

Quote:
And now for something completely different. Summer is a cummin in and be wary, my friends, for dusty roads on your way to Shang-ri-la.

But man is inventive. Let's see what this may be.

Hmm. Hat bag? No, size is a tell-off, as well as shape. As a matter of fact this has nothing to do with a hat. Rather the opposite.

Right! A string to snare a hare, so to speak. Sunday dinner's secured, and maybe tea too.

Had me there, for a moment. I shouldn't have opened this bag.

Boy, if my great uncle sees that I’ve tampered with his shoe kit there won’t be any scones for tea. I still remember his outburst last Sunday:

”How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat?!”

Well, sorry uncle, that has to go. Don’t care.

Let’s try again and see what crop might be reaped after a little ingenuity.

Hmm, looks common enough, and yet strangely… strange.

It’s as if, as if… the MDR7506 had a great-uncle!

But with cups swiveled instead of folded.

Aah! The Sony DR-6M headphones designed for use with the professional Walkman TC-6M reporter compact cassette recorder. Hot news indeed!

[size=11pt]Shoe polish kit bag, pinched at the cost of a scarlet ear lobe and no scones. What a fit.[/size]

LOL! I love the whimsical narrative arc, with its suspenseful beginning, touch of nostalgia in the middle, and the happy ending arrived at a cost. Classic!

May 12, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #68 of 88
I fear this will be a prolix post since I've got absolutely no clue as to waht this unexpected container might… contain. But be brave - hold out!

The shape reminds me of a pill-box, to speak fashion, or rather a bag for such an article. The size doesn't, however.

Hold on! Is this some kind of spy kit, with secret compartments?

Oh well (courtesy Fleetwood Mac), that's quite a coil down the road.

Must be 9-10 yds, enough to reach the fridge. He-he.

Another try.

Hmm...

What, a deerstalker? Don't want no Sherlock Holmes sneekin' around here. Might find things that's not supposed to be found.

Right, no deerstalker that, more a common fishing fedora. Might catch me a trout with the ole cane rod. Reminds me of that Scottish limerick:

Handful of worms and a pole fishin',
Cork bobbin' like a hot red bulb
and a blue jay squeaks,
His beak open an inch above the creek,
Gone fishin' for a week.

Last try.

Red, that's right channel, now we're talking my language.

Plastic, indeed.

Ahh! It's the flogged HD265, waiting for another batting at the whippin’ post! But not tonight, unless easy listening qualifies. This can is choice for classics, might feed it some Shostakovich tonight – positively devours massed double basses. Or Bach violin partitas, Sherlock would love that.

Sennheiser HD265 linear closed headphones ($40), Millenium headphone bag from Musikhaus Thomann (18 bucks). This can is a solid performer after a few mods – in some ways the forerunner of the HD650.

Oh, and let’s not forget the very purpose of this very post:
the Millenium bag would probably fit your D7000 like a glove, Mr Morbid Toaster (post #66).

May 21, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #72 of 88

Quote:

Let me quote Mr Do:

For those seeking a cheap headphone carrying bag try using a bar tender tote bag. They are cheap and fit my Grados and Beyer's perfectly. There is also a small pocket in the front for more gear.

http://www.mypopcornmachine.com/bartender-tote-bag-nybe-gift-08-tote.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_term=bartender-tote-bag-nybe-gift-08-tote

A bartender tote bag - that's the ticket! Expect more unexpected turns from Waht's in the bag shortly. Stay tune.

May 22, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #73 of 88
Waht's in the bag is proud to present a major breakthough in the headphone bag territory. Watch.

Hmm, what a sad thing, lying on its belly unable to move.

Just like a penguin in bondage, boy… Let’s release her.

Holy mackerel, those limbs sure look limp. Is it stunned, deceased or pining for the fjords?

Time for some plastic surgery.

First, off with the wings. This step is too dramatic to show in pictures.

Done. No more flappin’ her eight ounce wings…

[size=9.0pt]Well, let’s make use of the carcass, just like the eskimos.[/size]

An excellent pair of fridge magnets.

And here we have the perfect headphone bag: the penguin pouch!

[size=9.0pt]Look at the form, the harmony, the exquisite proportions...[/size]

[size=9.0pt]This gonna be interessin'.[/size]

[size=9.0pt]I’m mystified. If not…[/size]

Ah!

[size=9.0pt]It's the K340, that peculiar electromagnetic hybrid.[/size] Or is it staticdynamic?

A wonderful ‘phone, the laboured outcome of panic stricken AKG engineers in Vienna.

1976: Beyer presented the ET1000 electrostatic headphone.
1977: Sennheiser introduced the Unipolar 2000 electret headphone.
1978: AKG threw in all they got: a dynamic driver, an electret tweeter and six (!) passive bass radiators - the K340 electrostatic/dynamic headphone.

And here's the smart bag.

Casual elegance.

The K340 was avenged by history. Which model of the three above is remembered and treasured today? The ugly duckling.

And all you bikers out there, including Mr Tyll Hertsens and his friends, I don’t regret one bit cutting off the magnetic flaps of this $25 mini tank bag. As a matter of fact, I’d do it again.

By George, it's handy!

May 23, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #75 of 88

Quote:
And all you bikers out there, including Mr Tyll Hertsens and his friends, I don’t regret one bit cutting off the magnetic flaps of this $25 mini tank bag. As a matter of fact, I’d do it again.

By George, it's handy!

Cool!  I think I got a spare one to slice up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back