Waht's in the bag?
Feb 14, 2011 at 9:22 AM Post #46 of 88
I'd like to keep this thread alive! So:

That's a nice-looking saddle leather bag.

Looks like there might be photo equipment inside.

Let's take a look...

Oh, the esw10jpn is at home!

To be honest, I might use this bag for my tubes. It's such a nice bag and the tubes would be well-protected. Until I do, however, it'll be the home of my esw10jpn.

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #47 of 88
That a whole lotta bag for portables. XD

Screw keeping this thread alive, it needs to be STICKIED!

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #48 of 88

Quote:
[size=11pt]In a few rare cases, headphone manufacturers cater for the needs of the headphone user; if I may direct your attention to the beginning of the sentence, so to speak…[/size]

[size=11pt]Life would be so much easier without the constant need to find new headphone bag solutions, which really drains the imaginative resources. So, for a change, let me demonstrate a good example for other manufacturers to follow.[/size]

[size=11pt]1. Hmm… [/size][size=11pt]I believe that’s what’s called a “hard case” in the music business.[/size]

[size=11pt]3. Now it’s open![/size]

[size=11pt]3. Good heaven’s – now it’s closed…[/size]

[size=11pt]5. What? Could have sworn the colour changed... Ah! The famous brown/orange S-Logic. [/size]

Ultrasone HFI 2200 ULE, original hard case $40-50 with net pocket and cable compartment beneath the headband.

I love Ultrasone for that! My case for the Pro 750s makes them convenient to keep safe while mobile :D.

Mar 27, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #49 of 88
The Beyer bag was praised in post #39, and rightly so. Let's start with the good news.

DT250. Good news!

Like a baby in a cradle. Closes flat, too.

DT48. Pretty good news. Somewhat protruding at first try.

Stuff it good and it certainly looks a bit more comfortable.

Flatter too.

DT480. Holy Moses, bad news indeed! I'm sure the fit is the same for his minor bros. DT100& 150.

Finally, Beyers' biggest hifi headphone seller from the 1980s:

DT880. Bad news again...

The Beyer bag unsuitable for its most common 'phone? Afraid so.

The pads will most certainly get squashed - a nightmare scenario for the serious headphone collector.

Surprisingly, it doesn't look too bad when closed.

So, Beyer offers a bag where half of its models don't fit. I don't know about the 2005 and professional editions since I care mostly for older models, but those headphones look a bit large if you ask me.

A redesign of the foam may be the simple answer. Now there's a challenge for the engineers in the Beyer Bag Dept.

As always, we folks at "Waht's in the bag?" have a solution for all you DT880 fans out there.... here it is:

Hmm... smaller, that's good.

Not only a handle as the original, but a zipped pocket, too. Now that's what I call a bonus. Good news!

Blimey - it's an original "Duny", the ubiquitous toilet bag...

Wonder what's in there...

Ooooh... more pockinses. And velvet pads. And space for it all as well. Could that be a DT770?

No, definitely the first version DT880, but modified. Look at the cable and plug.

Aah... it's the "sweetest sounding headphone"!

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/521685/beyer-dt880-dt250-hybrid

Original Beyer DT880 from the 1980s with 80 ohm DT250 drivers (slightly more bass and a beautifully liquid and detailed sound) and the vintage "Duny" toilet bag, $1.50 at the local second hand store (church charity).

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #50 of 88
Spring is rapidly approaching at these latitudes so I welcome all of you to the April Outdoor (balcony) Edition of "Waht's in the bag".

Now that finish sure looks luxurious to me. Could be titanium, or exclusive leather.

Smaller than expected...Ray-Ban hinges?

Gotcha - it's German!

Aah, what a perfect fit!

The standard budget choice portable open headphone Sennheiser PX100 with case from a Nintendo DS starter kit ($10) including earphones (just what we need, right?), cleaning cloth, display protectors, game cases etc.

And, for all of you who's wondering, it also allows dual protection transport. Good when you choose to check in your luggage.

And here we go.

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #52 of 88
Love your pictorial thread, MDR30. Some great (and funny) ideas in here.

A hard travel case for Sony Noise Canceling headphones:

There's Egg(o)s in this basket!

(The AKG K81/518 also fit perfectly.)

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #54 of 88

Quote:
An all time low.

thats a better idea than you may realize.  
I was traveling in a shady bus station in costa rica once, and one of my friends showed up with all of his belongings in a potato sack, and threw it down on a bench and walked away.  meanwhile i set all my  shiny new expensive travel gear around me and did my best to keep an eye on it while i waited for him to come back.
when he came back one of my bags had been stolen right from under my nose.  

no one even looked at his potato sack.
he picked it back up and was on his merry way.

never underestimate the "protective" qualities of making it look like you're carrying a bag of junk.

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #56 of 88
A correction is called for concerning post #50.

Sennheiser started in Germany (in 1945) and now has plants and offices in Wennebostel north of Hannover, Germany (Head Office), Tullamore, Ireland and Albuquerque, New Mexico. R&D is carried out in Wennebostel, California and Singapore. The latter for products manufactured by sub-contractors in China.

Following from that, the fourth line in post #50 should read:

Gotcha - it's Chinese!

Because that's where the PX100 and the Nintendo case are produced. Thus, I feel we need a moment of reflection, guided by a Chinese proverb:

“Of all the thirty-six alternatives, running away is best.”

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #57 of 88
I actually used to have a custom foam cut inside a briefcase for my Pro 750s and my amps. It was really nice. Thinking about doing it again when I get my new cans, I loved the hard briefcase. Just felt...secure.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #58 of 88

Quote:
Love your pictorial thread, MDR30. Some great (and funny) ideas in here.

A hard travel case for Sony Noise Canceling headphones:

There's Egg(o)s in this basket!

(The AKG K81/518 also fit perfectly.)

What a smart combo. When I get my hands on a pair of D77s I'll certainly try the road you pursued. Is that case for sale anywhere?

Apr 22, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #59 of 88
And now for something completely different. Summer is a cummin in and be wary, my friends, for dusty roads on your way to Shang-ri-la.

But man is inventive. Let's see what this may be.

Hmm. Hat bag? No, size is a tell-off, as well as shape. As a matter of fact this has nothing to do with a hat. Rather the opposite.

Right! A string to snare a hare, so to speak. Sunday dinner's secured, and maybe tea too.

Had me there, for a moment. I shouldn't have opened this bag.

Boy, if my great uncle sees that I’ve tampered with his shoe kit there won’t be any scones for tea. I still remember his outburst last Sunday:

”How can you have any pudding if you don’t eat your meat?!”

Well, sorry uncle, that has to go. Don’t care.

Let’s try again and see what crop might be reaped after a little ingenuity.

Hmm, looks common enough, and yet strangely… strange.

It’s as if, as if… the MDR7506 had a great-uncle!

But with cups swiveled instead of folded.

Aah! The Sony DR-6M headphones designed for use with the professional Walkman TC-6M reporter compact cassette recorder. Hot news indeed!

[size=11pt]Shoe polish kit bag, pinched at the cost of a scarlet ear lobe and no scones. What a fit.[/size]

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #60 of 88
I like this thread....

.....it amuses me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back