WA6SE or RSA Raptor
Mar 8, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #16 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have tried WA6SE with HD800 and I think it pair very well. I probably will upgrade to HD800 and plan on using my WA6.

Wonderful idea. Thank you for all the input from everybody else as well.

This is sort of off topic, but there were arguments that just because a item is assembled in the USA, it can be labeled "Made in the USA." I'm sure a hand full of people have opened their gears up to see what's inside.

Are the components high quality and "Made in the US" or made in China?

This is only regarding the RSA Raptor and WA6Se.

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #17 of 47
There are literally dozens of posts with glamoring reviews of both companies. So you can't really go wrong with either.

I do believe that they use the high quality components, and they are both made in US. Doesn't mean the owner isn't Asian though. Or does it even matter in this regard..?

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #18 of 47
No, only quality components matter, not really who actually puts things together...assuming he/she are competent of the matter.

My father works for *** audio, and he told me that starting 2008, they've stopped using speaker drivers made in Italy, but instead the drivers are made in China. The parts are put together in the US.

I don't know about you, but I'll stay away as much as possible with audio components made in China. My opinion only.

Mar 8, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #20 of 47
Woo Audio make there own transformers, if I remember right. I'm sure some of the caps and resistors come from china. The tubes come from different countries. Not sure where they get the cases, but as has been said, they are built like a tank. Worrying about cheap parts is the last think I would do with either of these amps. My Woo is very well made.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #21 of 47
Right. I understand that some parts are of course made in other countries. Hopefully, some of the important parts that I often hear as "big names" such as Vishday? Oil filled Panasonic caps? Things like that.

I know I've been running around this same topic, the most important thing to get out of this is that the WA6SE and Raptor are good choices and are very well made.

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by kentturbo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right. I understand that some parts are of course made in other countries. Hopefully, some of the important parts that I often hear as "big names" such as Vishday? Oil filled Panasonic caps? Things like that.

I know I've been running around this same topic, the most important thing to get out of this is that the WA6SE and Raptor are good choices and are very well made.

Take a look for yourself:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/woo...-added-415606/

The internals of the WA6SE is some of the neatest, cleanest point-to-point assembly I've ever seen.

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #23 of 47
As I stated in your other thread, I will gladly endorse the Raptor. And as was stated earlier in this thread, the 800 and the Raptor are fantastic together. It really just depends on the sound that you are looking to get.

As far as quality, you cannot find two better people to do business with than Ray or Jack. Both build outstanding, high quality, glorious sounding products, and both are super gentlemen who will do all they can to make sure you get great sound.

I know it's tough to hear, but you really can't go wrong. I'm sure you will be floored with either purchase. Both will sound great with all types of music that you throw at the. Do not hesitate to call each and see if they will let you demo one. Ray was kind enough to send me a Raptor to trial, and Jack sent me a WA6, I just had to put down a deposit on it.

So I spent two weeks with having them both, and than...kept both b/c I really enjoyed the unique qualities each had to offer. Over the long haul, I just couldn't justify keeping two tube amps. I found I listened to the Raptor more over the long haul, so that is what I kept. No regrets in any way, and I've never felt there was anything missing that would make me want to upgrade. Another bonus for me is the Raptor has a very small footprint and fits nicely with all of my other gear in the limited amount of space I have allotted for it. One of these days I'll post some pictures.

Again, my audition came with a stock WA6 and not the SE vs. the Raptor. As I said above, you really can't go wrong either way. It can't hurt to ask and see if you can demo them, that way you can let your own ears make the decision. Good luck!

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #24 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by wharfrat1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I stated in your other thread, I will gladly endorse the Raptor. And as was stated earlier in this thread, the 800 and the Raptor are fantastic together. It really just depends on the sound that you are looking to get.

As far as quality, you cannot find two better people to do business with than Ray or Jack. Both build outstanding, high quality, glorious sounding products, and both are super gentlemen who will do all they can to make sure you get great sound.

I know it's tough to hear, but you really can't go wrong. I'm sure you will be floored with either purchase. Both will sound great with all types of music that you throw at the. Do not hesitate to call each and see if they will let you demo one. Ray was kind enough to send me a Raptor to trial, and Jack sent me a WA6, I just had to put down a deposit on it.

So I spent two weeks with having them both, and than...kept both b/c I really enjoyed the unique qualities each had to offer. Over the long haul, I just couldn't justify keeping two tube amps. I found I listened to the Raptor more over the long haul, so that is what I kept. No regrets in any way, and I've never felt there was anything missing that would make me want to upgrade. Another bonus for me is the Raptor has a very small footprint and fits nicely with all of my other gear in the limited amount of space I have allotted for it. One of these days I'll post some pictures.

Again, my audition came with a stock WA6 and not the SE vs. the Raptor. As I said above, you really can't go wrong either way. It can't hurt to ask and see if you can demo them, that way you can let your own ears make the decision. Good luck!

Thank you for the input. Since you have owned both amps. Was the warm up time a problem for you?

Mar 9, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #25 of 47
Not at all. It really only takes a few minutes, say 3-5, for them to get warmed up. I just turn it on, surf the web for a few, and than dive in. I was all SS at first, and I do like my ultra desktop, but now that I've got the flavor of tubes, there's no going back.

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #27 of 47
6SE improves upon 6, and the pricing is justifiably so. If you are comparing raptor to 6SE, you might have a different thoughts.

With that said though, if you own HD800 and/or plan to, Ratpor + HD800 is match made in heaven. Sonnett is supposedly a very good match too.

Apr 17, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #29 of 47
No doubt, as an ex-owner of the WA6SE, this amp drive both my low impedance (DX1000) and high impedance (HD800) fairy well. But sorry, I don't have a chance to try the Raptor even my very good friend own one and he said the Raptor drive well with the HD800.

Apr 17, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #30 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrackBerry9000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woo and Eddie Current make better products than RSA.

Is this your opinion or an statement of fact? I ask because having used and tested equipment by all three I would say that all three are very well made and their makers stand behind their products. So I guess I am confused by your comment.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back