W4S Mini-Integrated (mINT) - Anybody have one yet?
Jun 1, 2012 at 10:22 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:
I have one coming next week and will be pairing it with my LCD-2.

Bookshelf speakers are projected next year due to budget issues.
Anyone has any recommendations?
Currently considering Davone Mojo and Harbeth P3ESR.

I listen to 60% Jazz, 20% Soundtracks and 15% Pop and 5% Rock.

Hey Joe, heard about your visit at RDA from Ray when I headed down today. Great choice about this. I was in fact thinking about buying the mojos+mint as a uber compact combo. The mojos really fill the room despite its diminutive size and look great as well to begin wit

Nice choice!

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #18 of 29
Haha.. Yeap, went with a friend as she wanted to check out plans for a speaker rig and got myself poisoned instead.
She went for the mINT + Mojo combo. I took a mINT and am checking out the speaker choices before confirming with one to get.

I believe u r running the QM60? How does those sound? I am quite impressed with QM10's overall performance, just would like more treble out of it.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #19 of 29
I was the one who told Ray that combo your friend (Jenny was it?) bought would make an excellent combo, given both form and functionality when the mojos first arrived... Great set to place in the living room or bedroom and you can place them just about and get superb sound because of the omni directional nature of the speakers...The mojos have impressed quite a bit of reviewers as well as I've read.

The Gurus, especially the 10s are designed to give a much fuller lower end despite its diminutive size.I guess something has to be compromised for that fullness in the bottom. But if you think you're pretty happy with the 10s, the 60s will change your thinking entirely of what the Gurus sound like,I'm very happy with them.Have a listen to them when you're back at RDA. I'll be there around 430 this saturday for some wine and cheese.join us...

But I am pending an upgrade to the SLS speakers, primarily because of my new home and plans for a dedicated entertainment room....

Jun 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #20 of 29
The W4S mINT is finally in the house.

Out of the box it is already showing promise, though it sounds a little congested currently. 
Will leave it to burn a night. Should be much improved by tommorrow.

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #21 of 29
Got a pair of Usher S520 to pair with W4S mini-INT for now.

Other than a general lack of bass, I am very pleased with all other aspects considering how much I paid for them.
The value is just outstanding.

Jun 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #22 of 29
Nice HP stand.  I want one of those...
Quote:
Got a pair of Usher S520 to pair with W4S mini-INT for now.

Other than a general lack of bass, I am very pleased with all other aspects considering how much I paid for them.
The value is just outstanding.

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:
Nice HP stand.  I want one of those...

It's actually a replica and not the real Omega stand.
It still looks gorgeous though, and they serve the same exact purpose.

biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

It's actually a replica and not the real Omega stand.
It still looks gorgeous though, and they serve the same exact purpose.

biggrin.gif

Replica?  WHo made it and for how much???  If its much less I'd buy it.  ITs still a beauty!

Jun 16, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:
Replica?  WHo made it and for how much???  If its much less I'd buy it.  ITs still a beauty!

I got it off a local chap who bought extra on his trip to Hong Kong. Tough luck bro.

I paid around USD 65 for it.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #27 of 29
Definitely a nice all-in-one setup, hope the design is solid enough to handle a few thousand hours of usage.  It would be a cute match with the Mini Maggie 2.1 that is now available.

magnepan.com/model_mini_maggie

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #29 of 29
Interesting observation I found recently, the mINT headphone amp section is comparable to CEntrance DACport. It's a class A TPA6120 based op amp. No wonder it sounds so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back