W4S Mini-Integrated (mINT) - Anybody have one yet?
Feb 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus

http://www.wyred4sound.com/webapps/p/74030/117839/612512

I was planning to get one ASAP, but naturally ran into financial issues.

One of the main reasons why I want this over anything else (besides the great price) is that there's a true line out that's not affected by the volume control at the front, so you can use the headphone out and have powered speakers plugged into the back and work them simultaneously.

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 29
I am interested too.  I guess we will see some reviews soon, in couple of weeks,   because I heard that some units already out, and next batch will be shipped in Feb.

Feb 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 29
Srajan Ebaen over at 6 Moons has published what I presume is his "preview" review:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/wyred6/1.html

Apr 29, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 29
Breaking one in now.

Have a few hours on the DAC/amp section and initial impresions are favorable.  The mINT was able to drive a pair of Marten Django's without breaking a sweat.  The combo had great imaging and spacial info too!

Using the headphone section for the first time tonight.  Even out of the box it was more transparent than the Burson HA-160D I heard at my dealer, but will wait until the headphone section has some time on it before stating my impressions. 

May 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #11 of 29
Now that I have some time on it, I can write a little blurb.

The speaker section sound great, as mentioned above.

The headphone section seemed a little harsh at first, but that is now gone.  The HF section is now very smooth, transparent, with no harshness or coloration...just like the rest of their products.  It powers my AKG K550's with ease, but the real test will be in a month or two when I pick up a pair of HiFiMan HE-6's. 

May 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 29
Nope, shipping weight is 8lbs. 

May 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:
Now that I have some time on it, I can write a little blurb.

The speaker section sound great, as mentioned above.

The headphone section seemed a little harsh at first, but that is now gone.  The HF section is now very smooth, transparent, with no harshness or coloration...just like the rest of their products.  It powers my AKG K550's with ease, but the real test will be in a month or two when I pick up a pair of HiFiMan HE-6's. 

So much for a month or two...  Due to the odd taper of the mINT's volume control, the dial is near 3/4's, but the mINT and HE-6's sound phenomenal together!  Spaciousness, clarity, deep extension, it doesn't get much(if any) better than this. 

May 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #15 of 29
I have one coming next week and will be pairing it with my LCD-2.

Bookshelf speakers are projected next year due to budget issues.
Anyone has any recommendations?
Currently considering Davone Mojo and Harbeth P3ESR.

I listen to 60% Jazz, 20% Soundtracks and 15% Pop and 5% Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back