W1000 Now At Audio Cubes!
Nov 19, 2002 at 11:16 AM Post #166 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
She is really encouraging me to spend the money and upgrade my Senn 600s with the AT W1000s!!!

^
eek.gif
. heh, that's pretty cool and just about crazy!

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:27 PM Post #167 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
To tell you the truth, I don't care who likes what. I can decide for myself what I like and if the Head-Fi heavies say it is crap, so be it. That said I respect the opinions of many here, and find their input valuble in deciding on a purchase of equipment I am not familiar with.

I had a chance to hear PB's W100, but unfortunately did not give them a fair shake in terms of cables/ setup.

I'm sure you meant no harm, PM, but I don't appreciate the way you turned around what I said.

I was pointing out that, for every head-fi person who's hyping the W1000, which they haven't heard yet, there are going to be people who dislike them once they do. Ironically, my point was the one you thought you were making to me: we should trust our own ears.

Thing is, I wasn't speaking to you, PM, since you were on the W100 queue already, but rather to others who might rush out and buy a pair of W1000s before experiencing the W100/0 sound.

Crowd opinions can be misleading and arbitrary; Wall Street's littered with corpses for that reason. I just received a pair of Beyerdynamic 831s in the mail and I'm listening to them as I type. I enjoy the brightness others complain of because I take pleasure in the unpleasant truth. These phones reveal flaws in an Aphex Twin recording that I'd prefer to know about. If Drukqs is construction-yard-abrasive in the upper register, I want to hear that and not be soothed into believing otherwise.

I also enjoyed the W100s so thoroughly that only the promise of an improved version (W1000) has prevented me from buying a pair. In the words of Denise Levertov, I'll taste and see.

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #168 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
^
eek.gif
. heh, that's pretty cool and just about crazy!

K3T,

She knows how much I love listening to music, so she encourages me to get something that I'll be happy listening to for hours on end while I work!! I cna sit and listen to music all day while I'm working, but it drives here nuts, so headphones are the only option I have left. Either that or just starting singing along with the voices in my head.
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 5:14 AM Post #169 of 195
I tell you what, I'm looking forward to all the W100's that will come onto the market.

Nov 20, 2002 at 12:10 PM Post #172 of 195
Quote:

yeah same here, but look what we've gotten ourselves into
tongue.gif

True!! Not to mention where we are getting to price wise for future upgrades!!!! I am looking at a few options right nwo that would blow my poor wallet into smithereens!!! Poor thing never knew what hit it!
wink.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 8:36 PM Post #173 of 195
Quote:

that would blow my poor wallet into smithereens!!! Poor thing never knew what hit it!
wink.gif

hahahah, that's whats going to happen with my "future" upgrades i have planned. gotta take it one step at a time though, starting with one of the new A-T phones. most likely the W1000 though.

Nov 21, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #174 of 195
Quote:

hahahah, that's whats going to happen with my "future" upgrades i have planned. gotta take it one step at a time though, starting with one of the new A-T phones. most likely the W1000 though.

Future upgrades!! I just got a new CDP and headphone amp!! I actually had to ambush my wallet this time so it wouldn't run in fear when it saw the glean in my eyes!!!!!!
wink.gif

I may change my order over to an A1000Ti once I hear back from Hirsch about the synergy of this amp with the W series cans!! I'm actually hoping it doesn't work well so I can change over to the cheaper cans and save some money!!!! This is getting out of hand now!!!!!!!!!! [size=medium]Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Nov 21, 2002 at 3:10 AM Post #175 of 195
Every year or so, AT issues a limited edition wood headphone. Just wait, guys, just wait.
evil_smiley.gif

Me, I'm waiting for the ATH-W2003 or ATH-W10000, or whatever it's going to be called. Shipped complete with traditional Japanese carpenter and not-so-traditional Geisha girl.
very_evil_smiley.gif

What have you done to me in one year!?!?!

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #176 of 195
Quote:

Me, I'm waiting for the ATH-W2003 or ATH-W10000, or whatever it's going to be called. Shipped complete with traditional Japanese carpenter and not-so-traditional Geisha girl.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

amen, JML.

but damn, if youre right, and i order the W1000, im going to HAVE to get the limited ed. too
very_evil_smiley.gif

hey, now whered my needle go, the spoons nice and hot

Nov 21, 2002 at 9:16 AM Post #177 of 195
Quote:

[size=medium]Somebody help me!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
[/size]

no one can help you there. mission:impossible. even hypnotists can't do a single thing to help
tongue.gif

Quote:

Every year or so, AT issues a limited edition wood headphone. Just wait, guys, just wait.

i wonder how future generations will like the W9999 phone? after they get them, they'll probably bug JMT's, tangent's, kurt's, or eric343's great great great great great great great great grandsons for some meta amps
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 9:23 AM Post #178 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by JML
evil_smiley.gif

If we all just waited for the next headphone coming out, we'd never buy anythnig. Wait a minute, that's actually a good idea!!! WE should say toourselves, man, this W1000 looks great, ibut I can't buy it because the W1001 will sound even better and I'll lose money selling it and look dumb for buying it before the better one came out. Then, once the W1001 comes out we start all over again plugging W1002 into the same formula!!

You may be on to something here JML!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 3:40 PM Post #180 of 195
Quote:

JML said...

very_evil_smiley.gif

That's it, where the pre-order form?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back