W1000 Now At Audio Cubes!
Nov 19, 2002 at 4:43 AM Post #151 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt
Keep in mind that Kelly, Nick and others might very well dislike these phones

BTW: The only reason I *know* I find the W100's sound addictive is because Piano Black was kind enough to lend her pair to several Head-fi members consecutively. The lady is in my will. Props to PB.

To tell you the truth, I don't care who likes what. I can decide for myself what I like and if the Head-Fi heavies say it is crap, so be it. That said I respect the opinions of many here, and find their input valuble in deciding on a purchase of equipment I am not familiar with.

I had a chance to hear PB's W100, but unfortunately did not give them a fair shake in terms of cables/ setup.

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:51 AM Post #152 of 195
Alright, you guys make me spend again!!!! Just order a W1000 from audiocubes, I really want to know how it ($350) sound compare with W2002 ($850). Oh god, I better to stay away from this forum.

Nov 19, 2002 at 5:54 AM Post #153 of 195
well be optimistic because you'll be helping a lot of us here
biggrin.gif
by giving us the W2002 and W1000 comparison that people want to hear so much. i certainly appreciate that, thanx uncledan.

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:00 AM Post #154 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by Calanctus
On Audioasylum the consensus seems to be that the brightest of all cables is silver-plated copper, silver next, then copper. Obviously individual cables will vary depending on how they are made.

To quote what someone else said about silver, it presents less and less capacitance as the frequency increases, so that, in comparison with copper, the bass note is slower, while the highs are faster. Copper, when done correctly is supposed to do quite well, but that all depends upon YOUR system and YOUR preferences. Some love tons of bass, others treble. The is no OBJECTIVE best for all people as musical tastes and preferences vary so greatly it ain't even funny!!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:03 AM Post #155 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by Uncledan
Alright, you guys make me spend again!!!! Just order a W1000 from audiocubes, I really want to know how it ($350) sound compare with W2002 ($850). Oh god, I better to stay away from this forum.

Et tu unkie??? Oh man, I can't believe my eyes!!! I am definitely now dying to hear whacha got to say about these two going head-to-head and comparing their characteristics. That's a review I really want to see when it comes out as I only have a pair of Senn 600s to A/B the W1000 against!!!

Good on ya man!!! I heard of going for broke, but this just ain't what it was supposed to mean!!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #156 of 195
I just lucky to be single, if I have a wife, she will use some software to stop me access to this site. Anyway, I will try to get both headphones burn-in before I review it.

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:45 AM Post #157 of 195
UncleDan,

You need to change your signature to something more aooropriate, like:

1. I'm broke, I just revamped my headphone system.

2. Lord, help me, I just revamped my headphone system.

3. Lord help me, I'm now interested in some different amp to go with my recently revamped headphone system.

4. Lord HELP ME!!!! I'm a VERY sick man!!!

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:59 AM Post #159 of 195
Oh really??? I was just confessing my own thoughts out loud.
biggrin.gif
You know, the old I have a friend who..... idea!!!

Glad I left out the last one:

5. I just read Hirsch's review of the Nite cables, someone STOP ME!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 7:00 AM Post #160 of 195
You know, when I tried to look for a headphone stand last weekend. Most of sales I was talking to say my W2002 look so nice, but when I told them it cost me almost Can$1350 (include shipping and taxes), they think I AM A CRAZY NUT. I think most parents do like their child marry a sick man, which makes me single.
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 7:04 AM Post #161 of 195
Unless there is an audio nut up there of the opposite sex!!!!!! Man, that would be heaven wouldn't it. Can you imagine, "Honey, did you remember to order those new Audio Technica cans today?? Make sure you do, and order two as I want to have a pair also!!!"

Nov 19, 2002 at 7:19 AM Post #162 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Unless there is an audio nut up there of the opposite sex!!!!!! Man, that would be heaven wouldn't it. Can you imagine, "Honey, did you remember to order those new Audio Technica cans today?? Make sure you do, and order two as I want to have a pair also!!!"

oh man, that would be so insane. yes, complete heaven! drool times 90000000
biggrin.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:10 AM Post #163 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix
oh man, that would be so insane. yes, complete heaven! drool times 90000000
biggrin.gif

Kin3Tix, I'll make sure to let my wife know you approve of her attitude toward audio gear!! She is really encouraging me to spend the money and upgrade my Senn 600s with the AT W1000s!!! These muffled sounding cans have to go in her beloved opinion!!

Now I wonder if I can get her to listen to a set of Stax and a Micro ZOTL any time soon.........

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:17 AM Post #164 of 195
wow doug, youre a lucky guy

just yesterday, after meeting up with another Head-fier (puppyslugg), I was even more pysched about my new JMT amp and new custom made cable (made by ps)...and of course i was talking about headphone stuff.

its just like the stereotypical anti-sports female attitude: she didnt want to hear me yap about it since she doesnt share the same passion. dont get me wrong, she wasnt rude or dismissive, but she merely listened and didnt join the conversation.

it's awesome and inspiring that your wife shares your headphone passion.

just make sure you post pics of your matching W1000s or A1000s (since BOTH of you need a pair
biggrin.gif
)

Nov 19, 2002 at 8:30 AM Post #165 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
wow doug, youre a lucky guy

its just like the stereotypical anti-sports female attitude: she didnt want to hear me yap about it since she doesnt share the same passion. dont get me wrong, she wasnt rude or dismissive, but she merely listened and didnt join the conversation.

it's awesome and inspiring that your wife shares your headphone passion.

just make sure you post pics of your matching W1000s or A1000s (since BOTH of you need a pair
biggrin.gif
)

I wasn't referring to her when I posted that bit about buying his and hers headphones!!! She is happy with her Sony V6s!! She doesn't listen to cans that much, but she really appreciates good sounds!! She will come in and take over listening to my Senns every so often and comment on how a particular tube sounds, or some piece of music sounds. I install some new tubes, warm em up for a few hours, then ask here to listen to the same piece of music and get her feedback on how it sounds compared to the last set of tubes. She's actually quite good at picking up on the sonic characteristics, but just lacks the vocab to describe them well. She can say, they sound muffled, then, after a 10 minute talk about what she is describing, we conclude it is a recessed midrange. We can't afford a second pair of these wonderful cans, or I would probably buy her a set of A1000s just to make for some variety in what we wanted to listen to!!!!!!

Admit it, if she talked about here passion for shoes/ clothes/ purses, et you would phase her out too???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back