W1000 Now At Audio Cubes!
Nov 21, 2002 at 4:53 PM Post #181 of 195
Yes, someone else has also noticed this constant "limited edition" marketing style Audio-Technica has:

Babelfish translation warning!!

http://bbsitake.hp.infoseek.co.jp/news.htm

" By the way the writer does not like quickly is the beam sale. If you try comparing the past model and the current type of the art monitor and the W series, each time modification being added minutely, as for the basic place you become aware in not having changed. When it clears, in order the next limited production model (the = disposable model) to be able to expect that it appears easily, value weakens.

In addition also selling point of each time, only adoption of various high-class materials being prominent, a little is the inexpensive feeling. You think, glance, upper-class type of manufacturer which is placed each such as type of ..... and K501 of the AKG and HD600 of the ...... becomes settled, here several years being fixed, has become easy to purchase also appraisal. The upper-class type time time as for changing, Japanese prime minister way * & *?

The Technica headphone is something whose degree of completion is rather high and, being to think, it enters into the most beautiful category even in the headphone which is number it does, the unique silhouette, but each type such as that securely before receiving appraisal, as for steadily it keeps going out is regrettable."

smily_headphones1.gif

regards,
Halcy

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:49 PM Post #182 of 195
OK, that's a really bad translation but it's a good way of moving phones you have to admit.

Funny, "...korokoro kawatte shimauno wa nihon no shushou you" (A-T's top end kit changes more often than the Japanese prime minister
biggrin.gif
) threw Babelfish out completely
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2002 at 12:46 AM Post #183 of 195
if i got them babies (a1000) i'd have to spray paint the covers miata red with 2 coats of clearcoat
biggrin.gif
they look sooo dull.

how can you guys be happy after you've seen a100ti's?

anybody have a recording of "How You Gonna Keep Them Down On The Farm After They've Seen Paree?"

Nov 22, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #184 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
if i got them babies (a1000) i'd have to spray paint the covers miata red with 2 coats of clearcoat
biggrin.gif
they look sooo dull.

Matching car and cans?? Novel concept!

Quote:

how can you guys be happy after you've seen a100ti's?

One listen after 48 hoursof break-in will make most forget about lesser ergonomics!!!

Nov 22, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #185 of 195
wallijonn
HI: Whats with this looks thing? LOL. When I have my headphones on I cant even see them. Ma-by the A1000 wont scratch as easily as the A100ti. The A100ti looks thicker and smaller than the A1000 that looks thinned and a little bigger ear cups that might feel better on. Also the angle of the drivers are improved and the A1000 have dads like the W2002 have. I think it gives better bass.

Nov 22, 2002 at 2:06 AM Post #186 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
Also the angle of the drivers are improved and the A1000 have dads like the W2002 have. I think it gives better bass.

According to Hirsch's most recent posting somewhere else, he states that the W2002 had audible bass notes coming from a 20Hz test tone, while his R10s had nothing until almost 31.5Hz!!! Tells ya sumfin about this DADS thingamuhbob, huh!!!

Nov 22, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #187 of 195
ServinginEcuador
HI: It sure would be nice if someone could tell me more about what the dads really do. Audiocubes says
Headphones with even improved angled D.A.D.S. (Double Air Danping System) for deep bass extension and reproduction
I don't think that the ATH-A100ti has dads

Nov 22, 2002 at 2:19 AM Post #188 of 195
Me too!! Someone here posted about how it might affect how the air moves around so that it not only gives a better and deeper bass note, but gives the feeling of a subwoofer with it's impact of air upon your body. I'll look to find the post, but I think it might have been either BKelly or MarkL that said that.

Nov 22, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #190 of 195
i'll take a guess - air chamber behind driver. sized (volume) and ported to a certain frequency. an air spring / acoustic suspension. when are they gonna make one in transmission line? anyone seen a cutout, like the mdrf1's?

Nov 22, 2002 at 5:01 AM Post #191 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
i'll take a guess - air chamber behind driver. sized (volume) and ported to a certain frequency. an air spring / acoustic suspension. when are they gonna make one in transmission line? anyone seen a cutout, like the mdrf1's?

Click here for cutouts:

A1000 cutout

W1000 cutout

Nov 22, 2002 at 5:11 AM Post #193 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by kin3tix

btw, your link for the W1000 is linked to the A1000 page
tongue.gif

NOT NOW!!! thanks for the heads-up K3T!! Cut and pasted the same link twice.

Nov 22, 2002 at 5:34 AM Post #195 of 195
look at the picture. see "dads"? it's an enclosure. gee, all that wasted space. and here i was looking at the arrow (bottom picture), thinking there was some sort of pressure loopback. the membrane doesn't extend past the voice coil, so it's an enclosed system. the voice coil itself has a vent leading into the DADS chamber (seen better in top picture). it is this vent that pushes back air. basically it's an acoustic suspension system - if they did it right it should give tight bass. if they did it wrong the bass will be muddy.

if the bass is muddy, put some fiberglass in the enclosure
wink.gif

and no, i don't know why i didn't pick up on it when we went through this weeks ago.
redface.gif

you can see the difference when compared to the ad10's: http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/prod.../ath-ad10.html notice that the ad10 has a "mini" dads with a vent.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back