W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Feb 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #106 of 3,914
Quote:
^^ +10000. There are much better examples than Epik High and Tiger. 

Maybe move back to the main topic at hand though? Anyone know some good hip-hop with lots of layered instrumentals? Preferably Euro stuff if you know any.

LoL, you want something Euro??? You got it.

I dunno meng, but Euros are really into beats like these it seems. Dat club scene beat.
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

As you can tell i am not that well versed in the Euro scene, but Promoes "Kraksangen" Swedish album is pretty catchy and reflective of the current Euro trends it seems.

One of my favs from the album sounds like some pretty introspective sh!t.

edit: this seems like the job for MTL since he seems to be really into the UK scene, maybe he can hook us up with some well layered Euro instrumental hip hop. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #107 of 3,914
Quote:
LoL, you want something Euro??? You got it.

I dunno meng, but Euros are really into beats like these it seems. Dat club scene beat.
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

As you can tell i am not that well versed in the Euro scene, but Promoes "Kraksangen" Swedish album is pretty catchy and reflective of the current Euro trends it seems.

One of my favs from the album sounds like some pretty introspective sh!t.

edit: this seems like the job for MTL since he seems to be really into the UK scene, maybe he can hook us up with some well layered Euro instrumental hip hop. 

The first video is just ridiculously silly. Although, I had that coming to me when I asked for Euro stuff.

Yeah the last one is more of what I was looking for. Although something with a little more fluidity in terms of flow, maybe some more elaborate beats and layering like Mos Def or that newer Roots album "Undun" would be cool. I've spent too much time trying to find instrumental rap that doesn't pander, but remains elaborate and tasteful.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #108 of 3,914
Quote:
I'm only fluent in English and Korean, but I'm always down to check out rap in other languages. I've listened to Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese, and now Swedish rap (from this thread) so far, haha. Some languages are definitely better suited for rap than others I must say, particularly those based on Latin alphabet because they can utilize all the rhetorical devices in linguistics.

Here's one of the best examples of alliteration (the recurrence of initial consonant sounds), Alphabet Aerobics by Blackalicious:

Holy...completely unrelated to what I was looking for, but this deserves a shout out. Really, really amazing song here. 10 thumbs up.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #109 of 3,914
Quote:
Holy...completely unrelated to what I was looking for, but this deserves a shout out. Really, really amazing song here. 10 thumbs up.

I take it you haven't heard alphabetical slaughter then?

some mistakes in the lyrics posted but 99% accurate, fav letter is F

Edit:BTW is that Tiffany in your DP?

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #111 of 3,914
Quote:
I take it you haven't alphabetical slaughter then?

some mistakes in the lyrics posted but 99% accurate, fav letter is F

Edit:BTW is that Tiffany in your DP?

Mmmh, real nice. Who was the one that posted the Five Fingers with Papoose on the original thread?

Yeah, Tiffany. 3rd one to ask today. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #112 of 3,914
Quote:
Mmmh, real nice. Who was the one that posted the Five Fingers with Papoose on the original thread?

well SNSD is popular but she looks a little diff in your DP, could've been another asian star

I posted the five finger of death freestyle in "Rap Sucks" thread

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #113 of 3,914

His delivery definitely needs work, but very nice lyrically, if not too literal. Just something different, though, he falls under the "lyrical, miracle, spiritual individual, criminal, subliminal, in a swimming pool" joke by Shady (and originally Sean Price) poking jabs at some underground rappers using superfluous vocabulary.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #114 of 3,914
Quote:

Quote:
well SNSD is popular but she looks a little diff in your DP, could've been another asian star

I posted the five finger of death freestyle in "Rap Sucks" thread

^ Meng it's cuz she loss all that weight, i miss those sexy honey thighs of hers. T_T Now they all look like sooyoung, CARDBOARD!!! SNSD had something special during the gee era but I have loss all interest in them sadly, they all really look the same now, sticks. LoL

Oh yeah forgot to give you five raze for that Blackalicious joint, they are so underrated <3s Think they might have a new comeback album in 2013, will see............

edit: but those cute fanny anime eyes are still killer! <333s  ^.^

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #118 of 3,914
Quote:
Hey, how are you doing? Long time no see.

Some of these posts are hilarious. Tell them to take a hike.

Doing great, how you been meng. Been busy trollin' like a villain here at head-fi. LMAO

Yeah CZ made a great point in Soompi's Korean Hip Hop thread that it is not worth arguing because the Korean language is so different from English that it is almost impossible to ask Korean artist to do what American artists can do with the English language, but still....................

Just sucks that it's been so dead of late for KHipHop but it's just the start of the year so it will pick up soon i hope.

It would be great if you can post some tracks that proves his arguments is flawed cuz I know there are tons of amazing artists that can break those linguistic limitations, Garion might be a great example but i have no idea since i don't understand Korean. LoL

edit: yeah trying to make this a fun/ light thread instead of what the old one was. Though that one was epic in how well it was able to troll people into making ridiculous ignorant generalizations of a music genre they don't know a thing about. I just hope this thread can live up to some of that legendary troll epic-ness. But hopefully not DAT LOCK. LMAO

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #119 of 3,914
MTL? Is this the MTL I am thinking of? Or is this different one?

Garion? They aren't worthy of listening to Garion. The Quiett & Fana should be enough.

Korean not fit for rhyming? Are you even Korean? Korean is like, perfect for poetry. Please get your head out of English-centric view. Or try coming back when you actually know what you are talking about. 

Oh right, multisyllabic rhyme might be too hard for some.

Let's simplify things.

Here's EH.

Good old I.F and their very carefully crafted story.

Or good old positive music by DD

LOL @ no known DJs. DJ Premier digged DJ Soulscape's works. I think that's more than enough for some credibility. 

As far as producer goes, Voda Loca, Shimmytwice, Loptimist, Primary, Soulscape, keeperoots, etc etc.

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #120 of 3,914
Quote:
MTL? Is this the MTL I am thinking of? Or is this different one?

Garion? They aren't worthy of listening to Garion. The Quiett & Fana should be enough.

Korean not fit for rhyming? Are you even Korean? Korean is like, perfect for poetry. Please get your head out of English-centric view. Or try coming back when you actually know what you are talking about. 

Oh right, multisyllabic rhyme might be too hard for some.

Let's simplify things.

Here's EH.

Good old I.F and their very carefully crafted story.

LOL @ no known DJs. DJ Premier digged DJ Soulscape's works. I think that's more than enough for some credibility. 

No it's not the same fool from Soompi. This one is a lot less angry. LoL But the user name is so similar it trips me up sometimes when i see it. haha

LMAO, nuff said.

Raze made some interesting points but then said that Epik High and Drunken Tiger were the only decent acts he respects, then i was like eh.......... you loss all credibility there if you are serious with that statement. And it's ironic since both DT and EH are not entirely native Korean speakers cuz Tiger JK and Tablo both probably are more fluent in English than Korean so just sayin'......................

But Dat post Suh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back