W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Jan 24, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #31 of 3,914
I also like Foreign Beggars, well the older stuff at least.  Now they've become more of a remix/electronic combination with other producers.

Compare the older stuff 

To the newer stuff

It's still great, but I kinda miss just straight hip hop without the club vibe.

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #32 of 3,914
For old school vibe tracks like this I prefer my AKG K240's for the mid and the space it gives the beat.

But for harder beats (new school) I'll take my DT770's every time. Figured I'd drop this older Kendrick cut that makes my Beyers happy.

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #34 of 3,914
Quote:

Yeah Kendricks album is pretty special esp. in todays over-saturated pop rap.
Yeppp on that Jay Z aspect he peaked wayyy back already.

LoL I am selling my CX250s if you are interested, my sets are in great condition and seems to be pretty durable. Shameless plug.
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/643666/budget-fi-iem-superlux-sale-all-must-go
I know right, like i stated above Jay has peaked a long time ago, just like Em' and now they are just hanging on by the "brand name" they have created but is no longer game changers/ unique.

Kanye is alright, i just don't get the hype on the guy that's all.

@PFULMTL
LMAO every time i see your name i think of this guy from one of the Korean Hip Hop forums i frequent.

http://purplemtl.blogspot.com/

That fool knows his hip hop meng. His blog is the gold mine for amazing Korean Hip Hop.

And on that note, Rename your name to PURPLEMTL............................................................pretty please???
tongue_smile.gif

Haha, I would but I haven't really got any money on me atm. Thankful for the free earbuds I got with my iPhone lol

even so, I would like to buy the CX400 2 as they're really cheap on amazon compared to some high street prices

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #35 of 3,914
^ Holy Mackerel!!! Keep it coming you'll really great stuff esp. from MTL.

Quote:
2 of my faves Right here. NAS Lauren Hill If I ruled the world

Mob Deep Survival of the fittest.

Yepp that Nas track with Lauren Hill is one of my favs as well. Mob Deep is scary nice as always, but never really got into them. :/

Quote:
curve ball, but anyone into Hacktivist?  It's Djent + rap.

WoW really digging Hacktivist, they're like a more hardcore/ more legit Linkin Park. haha Gonna check the out for sure.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Man, I haven't heard these song for a while, bought back some bitter sweet memories

Hope they're more sweet than bitter.

Hey RoMee you are "contributor" status as well??? BALLER!!! Didn't notice that before, congrats!

Quote:
Thank you for this thread! I like rap/hip hop but finding good rap is tough sometimes! Time to check out these artists!

I'll also post a few of my favorites:

This rap trio sounds more of a rap/J-Pop fusion than proper rap to me, but give them a try:

haha a friend of mine loves Chiddy Bang as well. That j-pop/rap is not bad. You might like Kick The Can Crew, kinda a similar style. But I am not big into J-rap so am only aware of a few.

Yepp good hip hop is sometimes hard to find but trust me there are tons of it out there since it is now global and there are tons of talent just awaiting to be discovered.

Quote:
I also like Foreign Beggars, well the older stuff at least.  Now they've become more of a remix/electronic combination with other producers.

Compare the older stuff 

To the newer stuff

It's still great, but I kinda miss just straight hip hop without the club vibe.

Man you're on FYRE!!! Foreign Beggars are nice. I actually like their newer sound better haha, that last MV with D.ablo is kicking. And that 1st MVs is pretty soulful. <3s

Quote:

Haha, I would but I haven't really got any money on me atm. Thankful for the free earbuds I got with my iPhone lol

even so, I would like to buy the CX400 2 as they're really cheap on amazon compared to some high street prices

Hey you know what them earpods are pretty sweet sounding tbh. Tons of deep big bass on that lil' sucka. The mids/ highs are on point with a pretty huge soundstage. O.O I was surprised how great and comfortable they are compared to the crappy classic apple earbuds.

@Pere
LMAO at that track, cuz for the 1st 50 secs i was like.
blink.gif
Then it finally kicked up, man that is like some revolutionary sounding native up rising sh!t ha, cuz that is what it sounded like to me cuz i don't understand the language. Not bad.

@kid
I like your style of MV+headphone combo, gonna swagger jack that.
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #43 of 3,914
Quote:
Guilty of breakdancing back in the day.

You can breakdance to that.
blink.gif
confused_face_2.gif
You meant you were disco-ing to that more likely. LMAO

Can't imagine our El Prez breakingdancing, just stick with Bball meng. 

Quote:
We're showing our age.  

Damn it Danny, you stole those words right outta my mouth. "Speak youngin' " is hilarious btw.  Dem youngin' you got nothing on them, just quit while you're ahead.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back